“Always good”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Ontario
“Always good”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Caplansky's is my no-brainer choice when I'm meeting someone for lunch or when I'm showing guests around Toronto. I took bona fide New Yorkers here and they loved it. Better than Katz's, they said. The food is all good. I like the tongue and chopped liver sandwiches, but there's simpler stuff like smoked meat, an excellent meat loaf and fried chicken for those who don't like such fare. A few great local beers on tap as well, particularly Duggan's No. 9.

• Visited February 2013

Canada
“Delicious sandwiches, great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I've been craving a proper deli sandwich, and Caplansky's did not dissapoint! My husband enjoyed the smoked meat sandwich, and I thought the smoked turkey sandwich was delicious. The turkey was succulent, which is a rare find! The service was absolutely top notch - great attitudes and attentive waitstaff! Our 3 year old daughter enjoyed herself there, and was supplied with paper and markers to keep herself occupied. We loved the family friendly atmosphere, and will definitely return!

Toronto, Canada
“***Warning**small portions***small portions***”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

You pay for an item on the lunch menu average $12-15 and man...small portions, you walk away hungry. My son and I $30 including tip and tax and we were hungry. Fries cut so thin as match box size, they burn..head up chef. Yes some unique items like liver/grilled salamy sandwich...but the value....kind of...
Go again? not sure

• Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Good food”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

The smoked meat was good, well worth being in the area, meal was enjoyable, staff was very good and helpful, try the ruggula for dessert they were very

Toronto
“Small portions and expensive”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We visited for breakfast during family day. We were glad they weren't too busy. The staff was friendly and helpful since we had two kids. The food was expensive and the portions were small. We had the bagel, lox, and cream cheese 'platter' to share and the smoke meat hash. I was disappointed that the bagel was toasted when I didn't ask for it that way. Fresh bagels in my opinion does not need to be toasted. The platter had maybe 3 or 4 slices of smoked salmon and a side of salad. The portion was hardly enough for one person so sharing was really out of the question. The smoke meat hash was OK but some of the 'meat' was fatty and seem like just stuff they couldn't use to make sandwiches. Overall we were disappointed and wouldn't go back. There are other places in the city that serves much better breakfast for less money.

• Visited February 2013