“In my work neighborhood! A gem of a restaurant!!”

New Orleans Seafood & Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 10,864 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: York-Crosstown
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have driven by this restaurant numerous times. It is situated in a tiny strip mall in the Scarlett road and east drive area. I am so glad I decided to check it out. I first googled it and noticed it was fantastically rated. We tried to go two times before but one time it was closed due to holiday and the other it was not open yet for dinner. We finally went there yesterday. What a treat. So content. I ordered the sea bass and my husband the striploin steak and we asked for a topping of shrimp to make it a surf and turf. It is the best sea bass I have ever had. Perfectly cooked, seasoned but not too salty. My grilled veg were perfect and the rice was tasty. The crab cakes are a must. What a gem of a restaurant. Pricing is what is in line with a good steakhouse but not too overly priced. Also the service is impeccable. We were only 2 ppl and went at opening. Due to the size of the restaurant, I could see you would need reservations. Thank you. We will be back!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (301)

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

Good quality and variety of dishes and selection of wine. Great service and very caring maitre.

It is a small restaurant and reservation is required.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 7, 2020

Very good food always. They have the best crab cakes in the city fresh and crispy. Be sure to try the gumbo. Also love the pasta chicken a la Orleans. Friendly staff and run by family members. Our favourite restaurant in the city.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

Had an impromptu dinner at the NOS&S. What a great place. I'm crazy about shrimp and these guys do it right.
Had a great time, great food, decent prices and I'm happy !

Reviewed January 2, 2020

Lovely t bone steak devoured and washed down with the finest bottle of red they had. Would definitely come back again