“A little taste of heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles

New Orleans Seafood & Steakhouse
Ranked #43 of 8,404 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Duffield, Virginia
“A little taste of heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

I was in Toronto for business and looking for something for dinner, when my coworker and I decided to try this place. I agree, if it hadn't been for the good reviews, I would haven't given it a try. It was my first visit to Toronto, and there are so many places to choose from, but I am glad we choose here. I had the crab cakes to begin and they were wonderful. For dinner I had the shrimp rosario and it was amazing. So tender with just the right amount of sauce and not too spicy. The waiter was so friendly and very eager to make sure we enjoyed our meal. He was the best. The "liquid dessert", as he called it, was amazing. If I am ever back in Toronto, I will make sure to visit here again.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank rkern24

• Korean first
Oakville, Canada
“Nothing Compares”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

I am not sure what people are talking about when they say that the price of the food may be a little higher for the portion that they're receiving. When the food is as fresh as it gets, the price has to compare! New Orleans Seafood and Steakhouse continues to blow me away every time I visit. Not only are the staff (especially the owner) very warm and inviting, but each guest is treated as though they are the only one in the restaurant.
The scallops here are especially tasty and the steak is probably their #1 dish on the menu. I've never tried a steak like the one I've had at New Orleans Seafood and Steakhouse.
I would recommend this restaurant for a night out, special occasion, birthday....anything really! It's definitely one of the best if not THE best in the city.
Will be back many more times to come!

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank Darija014
Toronto, Canada
“Quality food with personal service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Went here tonight expecting to have stumbled onto some kind of new Grand Electric esq kindof place, I mean it's #4 in the city with only 40 or so reviews so thought it had just opened. Actually, the place has been around nearly two decades. It's in an off the beaten path location but definitely nice area in the summer.

The restaurant is very warm and friendly, I was a bit surprised when I walked in with the older decor. It's certainly not a hipster kindof establishment, but to be honest all the better. The maitre d (and owner) is a really friendly guy who takes his time to give you a personal touch with service with a smile (and a joke or two). The menu was varied but also not too huge, which to me is always a good sign that food is fresh.

The appetizer of crab cakes was hot, fresh and tasty, not greasy. The jambalya was really amazing. Absolutely monstrous portion served piping hot in a cast iron skillet. We must have 2 pounds of food left over! Best part? It was probably 65% meat, fish and seafood and only 35% rice, a really rare and unique find.

Everyone was really nice, food was great, and the free apertif was the crowning touch. I would go back to try something new.

• Visited May 2014
6 Thank William C
“Sumptuous Scallops”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

First timer, I went with a friend. We shared the scallop appetizer and spinach salad. The presentation was beautiful, loved the salad bowl made of a very large wrapped sliced cucumber. We each got one savoury scallop that was out of this world tender--small appetizer. I wanted the jambalaya alas I had no one to share it with so settled on the shrimp creole which was pretty unremarkable. The ambiance was good, the staff were warm and friendly. I would recommend this restaurant with a suggestion-stick to the specials which were indeed small but special.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sandra327
Toronto, Canada
“There is a reason why it's #4 on the list”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

This place totally surprised me! The portions were HUGE - I don't know what some people are commenting on. If it's fish - the size is probably small because it's fresh fish and not packaged fish! The price is reasonable. I have paid more at other restos for mediocre food, paying just for the look of the resto and not for the food.

If you want quality food, great service, warm and relaxing atmosphere where every guest is treated and served the same way - this is the place to visit.

It's not the greatest location and do not be alarmed - it is truly a place to keep coming back. There is a reason why they are #4 and hopefully one day #1. There is also not too many restos which have lasted 19 yrs and counting! What a great find! Thank you Trip Advisor!

5 Thank anjavuk