“There is a reason why it's #4 on the list”

New Orleans Seafood & Steakhouse
Ranked #50 of 8,443 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Toronto, Canada
“There is a reason why it's #4 on the list”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

This place totally surprised me! The portions were HUGE - I don't know what some people are commenting on. If it's fish - the size is probably small because it's fresh fish and not packaged fish! The price is reasonable. I have paid more at other restos for mediocre food, paying just for the look of the resto and not for the food.

If you want quality food, great service, warm and relaxing atmosphere where every guest is treated and served the same way - this is the place to visit.

It's not the greatest location and do not be alarmed - it is truly a place to keep coming back. There is a reason why they are #4 and hopefully one day #1. There is also not too many restos which have lasted 19 yrs and counting! What a great find! Thank you Trip Advisor!

5 Thank anjavuk

• Korean first
Wasaga Beach, Canada
“Delicious food/overpriced!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

I have eaten at New Orleans several times and although the food is very delicious, the portions are small and the cost is on the higher side. I thought I would give it one more try. I was there with my husband this time and found my sea bass entree to be a very small portion and very expensive for what you got - $35.00 per plate which included a small scoop of rice and a small amount of grilled vegetables, nicely displayed though. I left feeling hungry. On the positive side the decor is relaxed and appealing and the service excellent! Everyone is very friendly, but if you are looking for good value you will be disappointed. The owners need to take into consideration portion sizes, or reduce the cost of the entree. If you included an appetizer and/or dessert, not to mention any wine, the cost for a casual evening out would be a lot.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Lora K
Toronto, Canada
“A hidden gem worth visiting....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Don't let the location turn you off going to New Orleans ....once you walk in the door you'll be impressed by the charm and friendly atmosphere. Four of us went and we loved our dinners. We had the coconut shrimp as a starter and they were delicious. The men had the ceasar salads that had just the right amount of garlic. Warm fresh bread was brought to our table with the appetizers. I had the fish of the day which was cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth. It was blackened which is a bit on the spicy side but they will adjust to your level of heat. We will definitely be returning soon...

• Visited April 2014
Toronto, Ontario
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

I am totally blown away at the level of delicious food. The presentaion of the food was the best ive seen in any restaurant in the gta hands down and the scallops are melt in your mouth seared to perfection. My husbamd had the ribeye steak, he is just raving about the meal. I had the penne pasta with shrimp scallop and fish... omg amazing. I told him the food was better then the keg, no seriously its that good. Mike and sasha will be sure to take very good care in bringing you the most delicious and delightful meal in yown. I give thwm a 5 star rating *****

• Visited May 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“A hidden Cajun treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We travelled to Toronto to meet up with our son and his family and to celebrate a birthday and wedding anniversary they raved about "New Orleans" which is within walking distance of their home. It didn't take long for us to appreciate this cozy restaurant. Thankfully we had reservations as there is no place to wait for a table. We decided to share Cajun Calamari for our appetizer and a scrumptious Jambalaya. The jambalaya, a wonderful experience of spices, seafood and sausage, was enjoyed for several days afterwards. It was as good as any I have ever had. A wonderful evening, great atmosphere and fabulous food

Visited March 2014