“A rare gem...”

New Orleans Seafood & Steakhouse
Ranked #64 of 8,478 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Belleville, ON
“A rare gem...”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I was feeling like some serious seafood when I looked upon this restaurant. It seems normal from the outside, but don't be fooled! This restaurant offers such a wonderful dining experience. The service and the food, is second to none. Really. If you enjoy Cajun/Creole food, look no further. I have eaten here 3 times, and I haven't ordered from the menu once. Ask for a recommendation, and wait to be pleasantly surprised. See you soon, Mike...

• Visited July 2012

• Korean first
San Diego
“Excellent Foor - Great Service”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Visited the N.O. Seafood and Steakhouse last night and had a terrific meal. Don't be deceived by the restaurant's exterior - inside it's a warm, inviting and pleasant place. You can tell in advance that you're in for a good time when everyone in the place is smiling and/or laughing - and with good reason! The menu features standard N.O. fare, and while waiting for my gumbo to arrive I was served piping hot bread. I started with the "gumbo yaya" which as advertised, featured a dark rich roux. Nice way to start the meal on a chilly night. As good as that was, the shrimp creole main course was better - and ranks as one of the best shrimp courses I've had in years. Really, really good! The bananas Foster followed for a nice end to the meal. The owner/manager?? stopped by my table twice to make sure everything was going well - a nice unexpected touch. So: if you're out on the west side, give this place a try!

• Visited January 2012
t.o.
“quality”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Food is completely fresh, and the service is very good. Not cheap but worth it for a special occasion. What a Chef!

• Visited December 2011
ontario
“Don't be in a hurry”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We ate here last weekend and it was the worst service we have ever encountered. We were totally ignored upon sitting down and throughout the evening. We sat with dirty plates for over 1/2 hour. Dismal service. Won't return.
Oh...the food was good, but the horrible service ruined the experience.

• Visited October 2011
10 Thank kslg
Dublin, Ireland
“One of the best meals I have eaten”
Reviewed October 7, 2010

On Wednesday 29 September 2010, whilst visiting friends in Toronto they took me to dinner at the New Orleans; what a find! What a superb meal! I began with a delicious Gumbo that was spicy and delicious; I followed this with Blackened Chicken with a creamy peppercorn sauce and Coconut Shrimp; it was excellent however the vegeables were the best that I have had in 15 years, long slices of peppers, carrots, bok choy, and various other succulent yet al dente vegetables had been grilled and seasoned to perfection; one friend had a black Angus steak that I tasted and it was 'melt in the mouth' and the other friend had prawns (shrimp) that were served in a creole sauce that was magnificent. Our meal was accompanied by an excellent Chilean Red. We finished the meal with Bananas Fraser and coffee. The owner Mike, a charming, friendly Yugoslav who is a mein host par excellence! I live in the UK and how i wish this restaurant was 'just around the corner', I would become a regular!

1 Thank TempleHunter