“Visit with my 4 yr old grandson was an over the top success”
Review of Toronto Zoo

Ranked #17 of 501 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: CUPE Union 1600 Strike Closes the Toronto Zoo for all visitors until further notice. The Toronto Zoo is a living centre for education and science, committed to providing compelling guest experiences and inspiring passion to protect wildlife and habitats. Did you know that your admission into Canada's premier Zoo helps support the over 5,000 animals? In addition to having award-winning outdoor and indoor exhibits, education programs, special events, daily Keeper Talks and the Discovery Zone*, the Toronto Zoo is home to Canada's only giant pandas! Don't forget to visit with Da Mao, Er Shun and her dynamic cubs-Jia Panpan and Jia Yeuyeu-before they depart March 2018. To help plan your day please visit our website and we look forward to seeing you very soon! *Seasonal schedules apply. Special events subject to change without notice.
Toronto, ON Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Visit with my 4 yr old grandson was an over the top success”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I hadn't been to the zoo since my own kids were in grade school so I welcomed the opportunity to take my grandson during school break. We both had a great time. I appreciated all the volunteers especially. They were informative, polite and very interested in helping.

The zoo is large, but relatively easy to get around. Too bad that many of the animals weren't out and many facilities were closed. We'll just have to go back during the summer. The zoo gets top marks from me!

Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
Mississauga, Canada
“Great Days”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have been to the Toronto Zoo Many times From the time I was a young Child. I went with My Family and school. Then I got to take My Children and experience it with them. I still go with friends and family Its a Great place to go and Visit amazing for kids of all ages and Its great to learn about the animals.

Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Best zoo in the world ”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I love this zoo so much , animal environment friendly the zoo is amazing friendly staff members i love all the animals specially the pandas :)

1 Thank voyagefire
Halifax, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best zoo”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Children, teens, you and even seniors will enjoy this zoo filled with tons of different animal species, I strongly recommend this zoo!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Holly G
Toronto, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great place for kids and family”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I decided to take my niece to the Toronto Zoo (she was visiting from Ohio) We had a great time. We got there bright and early (around 9am). There was a line up to get in...so have some patience.

Bring in your own food so you don't have to spend a fortune on food there.

Bring swim wear for the kids. The splash pad is great for smaller kids. No fear of drowning. Get to the splash pad first thing. The place will pack up and you won't be able to find a place to sit. Bring a blanket so you can sit on the grass.,

After spending a few hours in the splash pad, go over to the theatre and check out an animal show. It's entertaining. Make sure you are wearing a hat (it can get extremely hot sitting out in the open).

We loved the Panda exhibit (it's newest animals). It can take up to 1 hour to walk through to the actual exhibit, so have patience.

We bought tickets to the Zoomobile. The zoo is huge and my niece (6 years old) could not walk to all the exhibits. Zoomobile is great for hopping on and off.

We had a great day, but we didn't get to see everything in one day. My little niece was tired.

I will go back for another visit.

Visited July 2013