“Best zoo”

Ranked #19 of 522 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Toronto Zoo is a living centre for education and science, committed to providing compelling guest experiences and inspiring passion to protect wildlife and habitats. Did you know that your admission into Canada's premier Zoo helps support the over 5,000 animals? In addition to having award-winning outdoor and indoor exhibits, education programs, special events, daily Keeper Talks and the Discovery Zone*, the Toronto Zoo is home to Canada's only giant pandas! Don't forget to visit with Da Mao, Er Shun and her dynamic cubs-Jia Panpan and Jia Yeuyeu-before they depart March 2018. NEW at the Toronto Zoo, visitors can now see our state-of the-art Wildlife Health Centre*. This new facility is the first of its kind in Canada and further enhances the Toronto Zoo as a centre of excellence in high-quality animal care through veterinary and reproductive sciences, nutritional physiology, and conservation and wildlife research.Exclusive to our Zoomobile tour, you can now see first-hand a glimpse into the work we do behind-the-scenes. Your Zoomobile ride-all-day wristband* or Membership Card gives you access to a viewing gallery featuring the following rooms: Diagnostic Imaging, Treatment, Surgery, Clinical Lab and Endocrinology Lab. *not included in Zoo Admission, additional fee applies. To help plan your day please visit our website and we look forward to seeing you very soon! *Seasonal schedules apply. Special events subject to change without notice.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Children, teens, you and even seniors will enjoy this zoo filled with tons of different animal species, I strongly recommend this zoo!

1  Thank Holly G
There are newer reviews for Toronto Zoo

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I decided to take my niece to the Toronto Zoo (she was visiting from Ohio) We had a great time. We got there bright and early (around 9am). There was a line up to get in...so have some patience.

Bring in your own food so you don't have to spend a fortune on food there.

Bring swim wear for the kids. The splash pad is great for smaller kids. No fear of drowning. Get to the splash pad first thing. The place will pack up and you won't be able to find a place to sit. Bring a blanket so you can sit on the grass.,

After spending a few hours in the splash pad, go over to the theatre and check out an animal show. It's entertaining. Make sure you are wearing a hat (it can get extremely hot sitting out in the open).

We loved the Panda exhibit (it's newest animals). It can take up to 1 hour to walk through to the actual exhibit, so have patience.

We bought tickets to the Zoomobile. The zoo is huge and my niece (6 years old) could not walk to all the exhibits. Zoomobile is great for hopping on and off.

We had a great day, but we didn't get to see everything in one day. My little niece was tired.

I will go back for another visit.

1  Thank Mandi-Brenda
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Out experience was excellent. Animals were awake and moving about. Baby Humphrey is very cute and cuddly looking. One Panda was eating the other trying to sleep with us all gawking. Momma gorilla and baby were amazing to watch, very caring and gentle. One of the Artic wolves was howling and you could imagine hearing it in the wilderness. Lots of different animals to see, lots of exercise walking the park, a few restaurant areas to buy food or sit down with your own. Good balance of indoor and outdoor viewing. Can't see enough of it in one day to truly enjoy and appreciate all it has to offer. Will go again.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My family and I have had a session pass for over 20 yrs. I have always loved the zoo. My children are all grown now so I can't wait to start bringing the next generation with us. Even though I have been going over the yrs I find in one day u can't really go through the whole place I think I have only been down the Canadian area only a few times it's the hill, u have to walk down then walk back up. That is the only way to go there. But I say do that section first them make your way around.lol Fun day for the whole family just make sure u bring lots of snacks and water with u.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have been going to the Toronto Zoo since I was a kid. I have a lot of pictures of me feeding the animals there. A lot of my fondest childhood memories were from my times spent there.

The zoo, geographically, is very large. Bring comfortable shoes and sun protection! The animals look to be in good health, and the grounds are clean and it looks like the habitats for the animals is clean as well.

There is really only one food court, which doesn't have a huge selection. During busy times, there are long lines. My suggestion is to bring a lunch with you and picnic on the grounds.

The prices is pretty steep, but you can sometimes find coupons online and 2 for 1 offers, etc.