“Be prepared to walk”

Ranked #17 of 501 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Toronto Zoo is a living centre for education and science, committed to providing compelling guest experiences and inspiring passion to protect wildlife and habitats. Did you know that your admission into Canada's premier Zoo helps support the over 5,000 animals? In addition to having award-winning outdoor and indoor exhibits, education programs, special events, daily Keeper Talks and the Discovery Zone*, the Toronto Zoo is home to Canada's only giant pandas! Don't forget to visit with Da Mao, Er Shun and her dynamic cubs-Jia Panpan and Jia Yeuyeu-before they depart March 2018. To help plan your day please visit our website and we look forward to seeing you very soon! *Seasonal schedules apply. Special events subject to change without notice.
Atlanta, Georgia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Be prepared to walk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I'm no stranger to zoos or walking, but this zoo really wore me out! We were determined to see all there was to see, but it was almost not worth it for how exhausted we were by the end. If you do not have a lot of stamina or have small children, pace yourself or choose what you really want to see and focus on that. They have a wide variety of animals that are all very interesting, however it was just too much to pack in to one day. Also, the line for the panda exhibit the day I was there was absurdly long and did not have a good pay off. They make you wait in line that goes through an elaborate maze of non animal exhibits to get you pumped up for the pandas and then you are only allowed to linger near the actual animals for a few moments. Overall, would definitely recommend to anyone who likes zoos, but bring your walking shoes.

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great visit, will go again when the weather cools”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Like most of the other reviewers have said, there is a lot of walking. I was expecting that, so it wasn't a surprise. I went with my other half, brother, sister in law and 3 year old nephew. We arrived at 11am and were still finding new animals to look at at 6pm. However, I would like to comment on the Panda Exhibit. When you walk up to the line to go into the interactive pavilion, there is a board that says the wait time to see the Pandas. Double that. We got in line to see the Pandas at 11:30. Sign said "60 mins wait". It was HOT today, very hot. We waited in a line outside the interactive area for about 15mis, line moves quickly, don't be fooled. Once you are inside that area, which has A/C, you are there for another hour. There are interesting facts, and pictures to look at, but not an hours worth. You have to wait in all this before you can even get to see the Pandas. No bathrooms or water in here , you can have your own on you, or have to run all the way outside. Once we finally get outside to go the the area where the Pandas are, we waited again for 20mins. It wasn't until we were at this point that we were told if it is over 26 celsius, the pandas have to be moved indoors, as it is very dangerous for them. I understand that, and am happy that they are being taken care of, wish we were told BEFORE we waited 2 hours. Once we got in to see them, they were both in different (small)glassed areas with people crowded around. We only enjoyed them for about 10mins, as many others were waiting just like us. I would love to be able to observe them on a different day, when they are in their outdoor surroundings. The area for them outside is HUGE. Other then this, the day was awesome! Gorillas were so cool! My nephew loved all the snakes and reptiles. Also, concession wasn't too badly priced, the souvenir cup was $9.99 and refills about $3. A whole pizza, was $18. Unless you buy a bottle of pop or juice, the fountain drinks do not come with straws. Too many people litter, and they are a hazard to the animals. Lots of water fountains, fill your own bottle. Great family day!

Whitby, Canada
“rip off.. not worth of money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

we went to toronto zoo on July 14, 2013, zoo does not have many animals, just trees all over the place. not worth for money. they charge money for everything, extra for train tour, i paid 28$ for train ride and i saw only giraffee.. and yyou have to pay for kids rides too...

Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Good place to visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had two trips to Toronto Zoo. First in 2012 and second in 2013. Highly recommend to see Polar bears, Pandas,and my favorite - pink flamingos. Great place to visit with family. The only disadvantage - to much walking

Bradford, Pennsylvania
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great time but spaced out.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stopped here on our vacation to Toronto. My wife and I and two children 4 and 7. The zoo is huge, which is good for the animals but not for the little ones feet. It was a very hot day but we were still able to find every animal but two. If you are in a group with small children I would skip the Canada exhibit. It is far out and you have to climb a mini mountain on the way back up. There are some cool animals back there, but if you do go back there your kids will be ready to go home afterwards. I found out you can bring your own food and drink which is awesome, many people had coolers. They have a small water park so keep that in mind. Parking was $10 not to bad. I recommend getting the City-pass if you are going to check out other attractions in the city.