“Although Extremely Busy for Winterlicious, We had a Great Meal.”
Review of Corner House - CLOSED

Corner House
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Transit: We are at Dupont Subway (just below Casa Loma) a four minute walk from subway.
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Although Extremely Busy for Winterlicious, We had a Great Meal.”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Corner House was full to bursting with Winterlicious customers last night. The service was still excellent and the food very good and beautifully arranged. The four of us had the nice table downstairs at the French doors that overlook the garden- lovely spot especially in summer. Everything was good from the fresh French bread to the $50.00 bottle of red wine to go with our meal.
The Corner House does Winterlicious perfectly. They showcase their food and exceptional service and handle the crowds with good nature. They make you want to return to this restaurant and tell your friends what a completely satisfying dinner you had. That's exactly what Winterlicious is all about. Well Done!

• Visited February 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Charming Restaurant”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I recently revisted the charming Corner House restaurant near Casa Loma. We celebrated our first anniversay there in 1975 and dined there on many other occasions in the seventies and eighties. After moving to the suburbs, we had not been there in at least twenty years. It still has the same romatic ambience and excellent service that we remembered so fondly. The food was absolutely splendid. Everything was prepared and presented beautifully. We are already making plans for a return visit as soon as the weather is nice so we can sit outside and enjoy the view. This is a definite must to put on your list if you are visiting Toronto.

• Visited February 2013
“Delicious Winterlicious!!!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Me and my Husband went there on the first dinner of Winterlicious, although the weather was really bad but the moment we entered the restaurant there was a waiting line. As we had a reservation we got our seats right away. It was pretty crowded even then the service was really good.

The highlight of the restaurant was the exceptional food. My tongue was in paradise!!!
We ordered Baked Woolwich Goat Cheese and Grilled Black Tiger Shrimp. One word the best ever!

We got really excited about the entrees which were Whole Roasted Black Angus Striploin and Slow Cooked Red Wine & Juniper Berry Venison Stew. My goodness they were nicely done and pretty scrumptious. We ordered the paired wine which was amazing with the food.
The desserts were okay wasn't a big fan of them.

Overall a great night, brilliant food and service but one thing the people were very loud maybe because it was a small space, I am sure they can do a better space management.

I would love to go there again and would highly recommend it.

• Visited January 2013
North America
“Favourite restaurant in Toronto”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

In our opinion, this place is excellent. So far, all the dishes we ate were cooked just right, delicious & tasty, from appetizers to main course and deserts. Scallops were cooked to perfection, one of the best scallops dish we have had.
This restaurant is below Casa Loma. Restaurant has many small rooms on the main floor and second floor.
Service was great, staff were friendly, cosy & comfortable, therefore, we have only praises to convey.

• Visited September 2012
Muskoka District, Canada
“My favourite”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was my second time to this wonderful restaurant, and it won't be the last. It scores on all levels, including the cuisine, the ambience and service. I had the seafood platter for 2 and the Lamb and both were well presented and very tasty. The setting is also wonderful just below the castle.
I can't wait to go in the summer and dine outside as well. This is my favourite place to dine in Toronto, as it is consistent. I think I've read that it's the most romantic restaurant, in Toronto, and in my opinion it should be higher on the rating scale of top places in Toronto!

• Visited December 2012