“Delicious Winterlicious!!!”

Corner House
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Transit: We are at Dupont Subway (just below Casa Loma) a four minute walk from subway.
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Me and my Husband went there on the first dinner of Winterlicious, although the weather was really bad but the moment we entered the restaurant there was a waiting line. As we had a reservation we got our seats right away. It was pretty crowded even then the service was really good.

The highlight of the restaurant was the exceptional food. My tongue was in paradise!!!
We ordered Baked Woolwich Goat Cheese and Grilled Black Tiger Shrimp. One word the best ever!

We got really excited about the entrees which were Whole Roasted Black Angus Striploin and Slow Cooked Red Wine & Juniper Berry Venison Stew. My goodness they were nicely done and pretty scrumptious. We ordered the paired wine which was amazing with the food.
The desserts were okay wasn't a big fan of them.

Overall a great night, brilliant food and service but one thing the people were very loud maybe because it was a small space, I am sure they can do a better space management.

I would love to go there again and would highly recommend it.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

In our opinion, this place is excellent. So far, all the dishes we ate were cooked just right, delicious & tasty, from appetizers to main course and deserts. Scallops were cooked to perfection, one of the best scallops dish we have had.
This restaurant is below Casa Loma. Restaurant has many small rooms on the main floor and second floor.
Service was great, staff were friendly, cosy & comfortable, therefore, we have only praises to convey.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was my second time to this wonderful restaurant, and it won't be the last. It scores on all levels, including the cuisine, the ambience and service. I had the seafood platter for 2 and the Lamb and both were well presented and very tasty. The setting is also wonderful just below the castle.
I can't wait to go in the summer and dine outside as well. This is my favourite place to dine in Toronto, as it is consistent. I think I've read that it's the most romantic restaurant, in Toronto, and in my opinion it should be higher on the rating scale of top places in Toronto!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

An early pre-theater reservation produced a fine performance. Service was friendly and efficient but not rushed. We were out in plenty of time but didn't feel hurried. Prix fixe had good choices for all. My prosciutto and arugula salad, roast Cornish hen with winter vegetables, and sticky toffee pudding were just what they should be; other enjoyed the steak and vegetarian selections.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

After 20 years of walking by we decide to give it a try. It is a nice urban setting in an old house. That we know. That the service was somewhat clumsy and needed prompting was unfortunate but not a dinner stopper. To test the kitchen we ordered a special and from the menu. The special was old and busy; that was unfortunate. The ala carte was properly done albeit a little busy as well. The wine list was fine. Dessert was fine. But for the price I expect better than fine. We will continue to walk on by.