“Did I stay at the same place as everyone else?”

Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel
Ranked #33 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed May 10, 2005

I was really scared about staying here because of these nasty reviews but I have no cause for complaints. Our hotel room was pristine...not a speck of dust great lighting, and everything was in working order. The room had a very new "dry-wall" type of smell to it so maybe it was one of the rooms that went under renovation.

The room was no smoking and had a king bed. Room was almost as spacious as those at the Toronto Marriott Eaton Center. The bathroom was beautiful... marble countertop, Khoeler faucets, Neutrogena bath products. Room came equipped with the usual: desk, high speed internet, iron and board, coffee maker, blow dryer. Bed was soft, comfortable, and clean.
Housekeeping was not obtrusive like I've seen in many other hotels. Check out time is 1:00... I've never seen such a late time at any other place.

Front desk was very helpful. We came to check in at around 3:30 and they did not have any rooms available for us because a lot of people had checked out late. They told us to come back and check in in about 1-2 hours. That would have probably ticked some people off but the woman helping us was just so nice that we didn't care. It just gave us more of an excuse to get out and enjoy Yorkville!

Probably the best thing about this hotel is the location. You have Yonge Street and Eaton Mall a few blocks away, the cool Bloor West stores down the street, and the subway station right in the basement. SO CONVENIANT!
The subway stop, Bloor-Yonge, is also an interchange. Hudson's Bay Company is in the basement if you feel lazy and want to do some shopping. There is also an LCBO in the basement of the hotel!

Some "good eats" around the area: Greg's Ice Cream (corner of Bloor W and Spadina) and Pusateri's (on Yorkville).

Valet parking at the hotel is $27 C but we did public parking for about $15C a night. That's really cheap...probably cheaper than you will find anywhere. Don't quote me on that rate...it's just what we got.

One bad thing was the elevators... they were kind of scary.

• Stayed: May 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed April 7, 2005

I was afraid to stay in this hotel after reading the other reviews, but it was most conveniently located to the company I was visiting so I didn't switch. I was pleasantly surprised to find a newly renovated room. The bed had a pillow-top, fitted sheets that stayed put during the night, and comfortable pillows. The bathroom was quite nice, with marble countertop, a full sized hair dryer, and several small shelves to keep my toiletries. The one strange thing was the lack of a bathroom door, but the front desk assured me that this is temporary and due to the recent renovations (the doors were delayed in being delivered), and only single travelers are given rooms without a bathroom door. I had a problem with my thermostat the first night and it was fixed quickly. I only ate breakfast in the restaurant, and found it adequate.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank trinkerbell
Reviewed March 20, 2005

Being frequent visitors to Toronto, we have stayed here many times. Initially it had a "boutique hotel" atmosphere, but there has been a noticeable decline in quality & maintenance. Condition of the furniture varies amongst rooms from good to poor, and often the bathtubs/showers drain very slowly, so I have been showering ankle deep in water. The lobby requires refreshing, and corners of area rugs sometimes are curled up, creating a safety hazard. The Matisse restaurant was reconfigured and the original attractive trompe- l'oeil decor was not replicated. Thus one side now is just a long boring wall. It is conveniently located to the quality shopping of Bloor/Yorkville and the subway. The long time staff is very courteous, but my general impression of this hotel is that is has deteriorated. Rates can be higher than this hotel warrants, perhaps because of its proximity to the Four Seasons & Park Hyatt. The Marriott Eaton Centre is far superior to the Marriott Bloor/Yorkville.

• Stayed: January 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank Canotek
Sorel, PQ
Reviewed February 11, 2005

All I can say is I written a letter to Marriott Headquater to complain about this place. I am shocked that it is open, and called Marriott. The rooms are falling apart. Do not stay here, it is a dump.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Washington, DC Metro Area, USA
Reviewed June 27, 2004

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 23, 2004

3  Thank pepperlol
Reviewed April 14, 2004

4  Thank BigSteve2015
Travelers also viewed these Toronto hotels
InterContinental Toronto Yorkville
Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel
Downtown West
Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto
Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville

Been to Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel

Address: 90 Bloor Street East, Toronto, Ontario M4W 1A7, Canada
Location: Canada > Ontario > Toronto > Midtown
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#24 Luxury Hotel in Toronto
#25 Business Hotel in Toronto
#31 Romantic Hotel in Toronto
#35 Family Hotel in Toronto
Price Range: $148 - $379 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel 4*
Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville is a top choice among Yorkville hotels, located in the heart of Yorkville, which is Toronto's fashionable downtown area. In Yorkville, guests can enjoy shopping, dining, and entertainment in an area known for vibrant shops and venues. Our Yorkville hotel's location puts you in the middle of it all. You have direct access to the Yonge and Bloor subway too, plus we offer newly renovated guest rooms and beautiful public spaces for relaxing in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marriott Toronto