“Excellent service”

Ranked #36 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed here for two nights as an in-town getaway, received excellent service. I am a Silver Elite member, and thought I received free internet (still have to check this). When I mentioned this to the front desk staff I was told only Platinum members got it, but she would give it to me complimentary for this stay! I was also upgraded to a suite upon check-in, which was beyond my expectations. The room was spacious and although the hotel is old, it is well kept. I also wanted to book a haircut, so I called the concierge, Angie, and she was very helpful. Even though it was 5pm on a Sunday she was able to book me an appointment for the following morning. She was polite, and worked extra hard to work around my schedule. Overall my stay was very good, but the service I received was excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Greek first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Had a lovely stay at the Marriott Bloor in Toronto. Very friendly staff, very convenient to the subway station in the mall down stairs, and a great little food market next door. Perfect jumping point to the entire city!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a getaway in the city. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the bed was very comfortable. The kitchen found out we were there for our anniversary and sent a cheese and fruit platter to our room. Talk about going above and beyond. The location of the hotel is ideal. Perfect start off point for anywhere in the city. We can't wait to stay at this hotel again for a city get away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank uniquetraveller76
Hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed here for three days as our base in Toronto. The hotel is very clean and has really polite and helpful staff. Angie the concierge offered us some great advice on the area and places to visit. The hotel was in a great location for anyone visiting Toronto it is basically above the Bloor-Yonge subway station and is minutes away from the Royal Ontario Museum and designer shops on Bloor street. There are also a number of bars and cafes in the local vacinity we used the sunset grill for breakfast which is almost next door and Jack Astors on an evening which is just round the corner on Yonge street. This was a nice clean hotel ideally located within Toronto and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

This Hotel has a great location.The metro station (bloor and young ST) literally in the basement. The room was clean and had a nice size.The Only thing that's annoying is the NON free wifi.....still in 2014. Anyway... if your looking for a place to stay near the central areas and close to a metro, this a good choice.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Hedemann83
Sunnyvale, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

I recently stayed here during my brief visit to Toronto as part of my whirlwind visit to Quebec and Ontario.
The advantage of this hotel is that like most Marriotts, it's a clean, pleasant, tastefully decorated and quiet place to sleep. No unusual sounds or smells noted.
There are two major disadvantages. First, it's a bit far from the main sights (i.e., no view of the Harbourfront), so you have to either take the subway or get a rental car to get over there or to other major sights like Eaton Centre. Second, if you are coming in a car, the parking garage is very confusing. Although the underground garage entrance says Hudson Bay Centre parking, you can use it as overnight parking and take the elevator up to the hotel, although it's not as clear as it should be how to get from the elevator to the hotel lobby.
Anyway, I got a great deal on Priceline, so I was quite happy with this hotel. I definitely recommend to it to anyone who would like to stay near downtown Toronto while not getting ripped off by the five-star hotels closer to the Harbourfront area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing north and east (i.e., away from Bloor or Yorkville) are quieter. Fortunately I got the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank coolcaesar
Newburgh, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here the last weekend of June. The staff, and in particular, Carlo, could not have been nicer or more helpful. Carlo went out of his way to ensure the room I requested was to my liking and even called up to the room after we had checked in to see if there was anything else we required. Our room was clean, quiet and the beds very comfortable. The location is ideal, right next to the subway, which we used several times to get us to various sites downtown. We will definitely return to this hotel again.
Barb P.