“Great hotel, perfect location”

Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel
Ranked #37 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
London, Ontario, Canada
“Great hotel, perfect location”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I go to this hotel each time I am in Toronto. The staff is very nice, rooms are of a good size and clean. Bathrooms are updated and the beds are amazing. Location could not be better for shopping, restaurants and subways. Great value!!!

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Greek first
Mississauga
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

If you have stayed at a Howard Johnson or any budget chain, you would feel about the same except the Mariott is a more expensive version. Parking is between $20-30 per night which is high for uptown.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless it's on sale or you really need to be in the Yorkville area.

Yorkville itself is worth the visit. High end shops and restaurants.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bansheeman
DirGuestCare, Guest Relations Manager at Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. Toronto's Yorkville area has lots of exciting things to do .....for everyone. We consistently review our hotel charges compared to others in the neighbourhood. Our valet parking rates are the same or less than others in our immediate area. I do hope that you had an otherwise enjoyable stay and will choose us again as a base for future stays in the Yorkville area.
Best Regards,
Boston, MA
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The Marriott enjoys a great location on Bloor street, with lots of shopping and dinner options around. The rooms was well appointed and modern, with a great bed, an in-room safe and a terrific shower. WiFi was not free but the fee covers multiple devices. Staying for one night, I did not have a chance to visit the gym or other facilities but as a business traveler I found the hotel to be one of the best in Toronto.

Room Tip: Get a high floor facing the back.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Other than getting lost in this place it's really nice and clean. Close to where we wanted to be and lots if parking available ($15/day) room is clean and bright and the bed was so comfortable I wish I had it at home. We booked in Hotwire and wasn't really sure what to expect but very happy with this hotel!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I recently just stayed at this hotel and can see myself staying here a lot in the future. I live approx. 40 minutes outside the GTA but am downtown a lot for concerts, visiting friends etc.
My stay at this hotel was extremely pleasant. Staff at the front desk were quick and efficient, and gladly made a room change for us when we requested something on a higher floor. Our room was a bit further from the elevator than I would have preferred, but this wasn't a deal breaker, and a little bit of a longer walk never hurts. If walking is difficult for you though, request a room near the elevators.
Our room was warm, very clean and beautifully designed. All the furnishings and touches were modern and up to date. Beds were very comfortable, and the blankets were so cozy and warm.
Check out was a breeze, staff were very efficient.
I only have two gripes about this hotel. First is parking. There is underground public parking and hotel valet parking. We chose public parking as we were told it would be around $20 or so, not the case. We checked in on Thursday at 4:00 and checked out Friday morning at 10:00 and parking cost me $40, which was the same price as valet. Next time I'll just go with valet, especially since it has in and out privileges. Next issue is a common one amongst many hotels, but I have huge issues with a hotel charging $13 for 24 hour access to wifi, this to me is insane. I believe wifi should be complimentary to your guests, especially at this hotel where the nightly rate is higher than the average hotel room. If data is an issue, limit each room to specific amount of data, should the guest go over this limit, then they should be prompted to pay.
I have another event to attend to in a few weeks, and I will definitely be choosing this hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I'm not one to write a review, but ill keep it short and sweet. This hotel was clean and beautiful, rooms were gorgeous and cozy. Beds were amazing, and the service was fast and very friendly. I didn't need to walk outside to get to the subway. They have a direct underground entrance.

Best hotel experience by far.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Highly recommended if you are traveling for work, room was spacious, it had a large desk with all the necessary connections. The hotel has a bunch of restaurants to choose from in the surrounding area. We ended up eating at the house restaurant which turned out to be great value and good food.

Room Tip: Ask for low room number on the first floor, only one access to the elevator and it's quite a wal...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends