“So comfy”

Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel
Ranked #33 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Other than getting lost in this place it's really nice and clean. Close to where we wanted to be and lots if parking available ($15/day) room is clean and bright and the bed was so comfortable I wish I had it at home. We booked in Hotwire and wasn't really sure what to expect but very happy with this hotel!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I recently just stayed at this hotel and can see myself staying here a lot in the future. I live approx. 40 minutes outside the GTA but am downtown a lot for concerts, visiting friends etc.
My stay at this hotel was extremely pleasant. Staff at the front desk were quick and efficient, and gladly made a room change for us when we requested something on a higher floor. Our room was a bit further from the elevator than I would have preferred, but this wasn't a deal breaker, and a little bit of a longer walk never hurts. If walking is difficult for you though, request a room near the elevators.
Our room was warm, very clean and beautifully designed. All the furnishings and touches were modern and up to date. Beds were very comfortable, and the blankets were so cozy and warm.
Check out was a breeze, staff were very efficient.
I only have two gripes about this hotel. First is parking. There is underground public parking and hotel valet parking. We chose public parking as we were told it would be around $20 or so, not the case. We checked in on Thursday at 4:00 and checked out Friday morning at 10:00 and parking cost me $40, which was the same price as valet. Next time I'll just go with valet, especially since it has in and out privileges. Next issue is a common one amongst many hotels, but I have huge issues with a hotel charging $13 for 24 hour access to wifi, this to me is insane. I believe wifi should be complimentary to your guests, especially at this hotel where the nightly rate is higher than the average hotel room. If data is an issue, limit each room to specific amount of data, should the guest go over this limit, then they should be prompted to pay.
I have another event to attend to in a few weeks, and I will definitely be choosing this hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I'm not one to write a review, but ill keep it short and sweet. This hotel was clean and beautiful, rooms were gorgeous and cozy. Beds were amazing, and the service was fast and very friendly. I didn't need to walk outside to get to the subway. They have a direct underground entrance.

Best hotel experience by far.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Highly recommended if you are traveling for work, room was spacious, it had a large desk with all the necessary connections. The hotel has a bunch of restaurants to choose from in the surrounding area. We ended up eating at the house restaurant which turned out to be great value and good food.

Room Tip: Ask for low room number on the first floor, only one access to the elevator and it's quite a wal...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Got this hotel through Hotwire.com . Great deal! Hotel staff were very pleasant to deal with, the room was spacious, clean, and warm. Loved the location with the underground mall and food court. Only stayed one night but wish I could have stayed longer. It was quite a distance from the the elevator to the room, however, it was nice and quiet; we did not hear other guests at all.
We parked underground - a bit confusing on where to park to get into hotel...(hint) just look for elevator signs. It cost us $20 from Saturday check-in time to Sunday checkout time at 12 noon - not bad considering where we stayed. Parking rates will be higher during the week. I would definitely book here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights and every person we interacted with went out of their way to help. The bed was comfortable and location great. I still do not understand why hotels charge for wifi. I would have liked it to have free wifi but overall a feat place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I was teaching a class for a customer and the customer booked meeting space on the 4th floor at the Marriott Bloor Street. The banquet staff was amazing. Every staff member greeted me by name (I taught there four days) and remembered little details about me. I had a respiratory infection and was losing my voice on the second day. Helen Hay Min Suh, the event manager, brought me tea each day and asked how I felt. Rose in banquets adjusted our time of service to work more easily with the type of meeting I was holding. The AV setup was great (cords taped down, grounded plug, etc.), and the pastries my customer ordered were delicious.

Room Tip: This is right at the Bloor-Yonge TTC station. To get to the hotel, you step briefly outside the subw...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business