“Great Hotel”

Ranked #38 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Eagan, Minnesota
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

This was my second time staying at the Marriott Bloor Yorkville and it was fantastic. The location is great for the shopping that's around the hotel which is first class. Be sure to eat at the restaurant in the hotel, it's called Matisse. I had several wonderful meals there during both visits to this hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff1029

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Greek first
Waterbury, Vermont
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed for a few nights while in town for Zwanze Day. Valet parking was conveinent. The room was typical of a Marriott, clean, comfortable, and decently equipped. Hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. Loved having the metro rail downstairs, our car never left the parking garage. Would have liked a pool, but other than that, everything was nice. Bed was the most comfortable bed ever.

1 Thank pjfarr1
Sterling Heights, MI
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My company prepaid my room so I wasn't expecting much. I am only a Silver level Marriott member. When I checked in, Sam Kim treated me like Marriott's most important guest and immediately gave me a free upgrade. I wrote to his boss, Susan Anderson, and received an email back within 15 minutes. This is my second stay here and I really recommend it. Last time I was here, I enjoyed a grilled cheese sandwich with lobster. That's a must-have on the menu.

Room Tip: Here's a travel tip. When you arrive at Toronto Pearson Airport, go down TWO levels. What is lab...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very clean hotel. We visited Toronto for our 5th anniversary. Very easy city to navigate. Especially since the subway was directly below the hotel. We enjoyed ourselves very much. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great starting ground for exploring.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Yahulikeit
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is the second time my husband and I have stayed at the Marriott Bloor Yorkville and both experiences have been great. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful, however the only complaint I would have is that they were unable to accommodate my request for a king bed room. The hotel seemed very busy the weekend we were there.

The hotel itself is clean and modern, the beds are very comfortable and the location is perfect for what we like to do when staying in the city. The subway is right under the hotel and makes it easy to access other areas of Toronto, depending on what you are up to.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Yorkville area of Toronto.

Moseley
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The hotel itself was fine. Everyone we had contact with was pleasant and helpful, one meal in the restaurant was very good and not overpriced, room with two queen beds was fine and quiet - it was on the third floor and the furtherest you could get from the elevator, which was per our request - valet parking was less expensive than self parking in Chicago. The hotel is built over the subway and we could hear the muted rumble about every 15 minutes, but it was not a bother. However, if we return to Toronto we will opt for a hotel downtown. We walked Yonge Street both ways and there were no shops of interest to us. There was nothing in the area of interest to us, even the Hudson's Bay store.

Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Bloor on Sept. 23. We had a gorgeous suite with 2 very comfortable beds. We were greeted by friendly staff. We had concierge level privileges and also free wi fi in our room. The food was delicious and the staff in the concierge lounge were very attentive and knowledgeable about the area. The whole hotel was spotless. My son used the fitness centre and had a good workout. Free newspapers were available in the lobby to keep us up to date on what was happening in the world. The shopping mall was attached to the marriott so we didn't have far to go to go shopping. The subway was right at the hotel. The restaurant in the hotel had great food. The lobby bar was very convenient. We loved staying here and would highly recommend this hotel in the heart of downtown Toronto.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family