“Would stay again”

Ranked #36 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Kincardine, Canada
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I booked this on Hotwire. (Thus not knowing what hotel I was getting until booked)
It is a great location, easy to get to and parking was easy to find.
Very clean, nice size room. Comfy bed. No complaints except I think Internet should be included. It was like 13 a day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Greek first
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

You are right in the middle of the city, on Bloor Street not far from Church Street and all the shopping and restaurants. Pricey but very comfy, with up to date everything. I was only there for one night, but had a very positive experience with the front desk and room service. Would have liked free WiFi, an increasing number of hotels are now offering it, so it seems a bit niggardly of the hotel to demand payment for something nearly everyone now uses. Also, my room was quite far from the elevator and as I was travelling alone, I felt somewhat vulnerable hiking from the elevator to my room, but was too tired to go back to the lobby to ask for a room a bit closer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 151JackieM
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I had no idea of what to expect, knowing a different Marriott nearby than this newer one. And what a great place! Carol-Lynn welcomed with a huge smile and very confident voice...and upgraded my room without asking. Fantastic. And again, this morning, she was just as helpful.

First, the only (only one) negative. The internet, not their product but resold, was expensive (16.00 for the room; available free in the lobby and business centre) and would not work properly. Constantly dropping the connection, my call to the help desk was futile, nothing changed. But they readily reimbursed, no prob. The prob was how inconvenient it was for me, trying to work at night from my room.

Oh, just thought of one other...so there were only a few coffee pods for the machine and when I called for more, they not only brought a different type of coffee (for a drip machine!) but I was in another part of the room, thought I heard something, and there the fellow was!. I did not hear a knock and I didn't have any noise on. ??

BUT what I did like far outweighs these two things. The location if perfect in Toronto for walking and seeing everything. Yonge and Bloor is the greatest spot (I grew up here first 20+ years so I know it well). And for someone like me who doesn't want to eat out when travelling, right next door is the most fabulous fully stocked grocery store and specialty deli...self-serve as usual, but then things you would never expect...poached salmon, chicken breasts and...lobster! Just grab and go, this cooked lobster! I bought veggies and microwaved them before taking them back to the room. Open 7 'til 10 every night. Fantastic.

The gym is pretty large, has machines and weights, and free apples (no pool). Securely held my bags when checkout was earlier than I needed (note to those of you who do this...always watch them being put away...one time mine were left out and stolen before they were put in the locked area. All my pics were gone. So sad).

I think it's always the staff the make it great but here it's the layout, the proximity to healthy do-it-yourself food, shopping, subway (right beside it), airport highway, etc etc.

Am definitely asking our workplace travel person to send me here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Burlington, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Just had a very positive experience at this hotel.

Pros:
Front desk staff, housekeeping, and concierge were very friendly
Room was clean, spacious, and quiet
We got a free upgrade to the concierge level
Empty mini-fridge in room
Good size in-room safe
We over-slept but the front desk staff were very understanding and didn't charge us for a late check-out
Valet guy told us about inexpensive public parking garage with direct hotel access ($6 per day on weekends)
Great location for entertainment and restaurants
Efficient elevators (no long waits)

Cons:
Over-stuffed, hard pillows
No free wifi in rooms
No pool
Bath towels rather small and thin for a 4-star hotel
No view from our room

Room Tip: For a quiet sleep ask for a free upgrade to a room on the concierge level far from the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CAN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel previously and we were in a suite with sofas which offers bigger space this time. Overall is ok except few things, such as the four big square pillows sit on both beds are quite dirty and you can see it through the back of the covers, may be previous guests' sweat caused it and we believe it is time to change to the new ones. Some small areas of the carpet are not quite clean and these may also caused by the previous guests. We stayed at a higher floor but it seems the wall between the rooms are still thin as you can hear children running.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DirGuestCare, General Manager at Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear SimonCN2011,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that we gave you reason to complain about your most recent stay.

As you can see in our Trip Advisor ratings, we score high on Cleanliness and I am disappointed that we did not live up to that reputation in the room assigned to you.

Please be assured that your comments are taken seriously and that we will continue to keep the focus on a spotlessly clean room.

I notice from your feedback that you have used our hotel more than once and I hope you will return and give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Sincerely
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel when we went to see the Taylor Swift concert in Toronto. The entire experience was fabulous. Upon check-in we were greeted kindly and upgraded to a suite. Every employee we encountered made us feel important. And the room was impeccable. I have been trying to find a new favourite hotel in Toronto - I think my search is finally over!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Everything was fantastic! Our room was upgraded to a beautiful suite. We were called on our cell phone directly to let us know the room was ready. Alroy checked it himself to make sure everything was in order. The service was fantastic and everyone was friendly. The buffet breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple