“This hotel is a very nice hotel well situated”

Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel
Ranked #33 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Im a regular business traveller traveling across Canada and in the US. I find the chain very comfort with competitive prices. This particular hotel is close to public transportation and convenient to shopping outlets. It's clean well equipped and has friendly staff. I had a minor problem and TAMARA at the Front Desk took care of it effectively and quickly.

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to the elevators because it has long hallways, great for exercise but a litt...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am a regular business traveller, staying almost weekly at this location over the past year. Convenient for me is that the location is adjacent to my work place, and to the subway which I use extensively. Beyond that I have always experienced a high level of service and hospitality, clean and comfortable rooms and a good and timely response if any problems do arise - which is rare to never. All staff at this location maintain a high standard of hospitality, are welcoming and attentive. People like George in the concierge lounge, Carol-Lynne at the front desk, Alivia in the Matisse bar, just to single out a few, all go above and beyond to help make the place a home away from home.

1  Thank bob2013_13
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Cappuccino at the restaurant at the Marriott on Bloor is terrible. It tasted like it was made without espresso beans. The service was slow and it was difficult to attract a waiter to my table. A sign in the restaurant showed they serve Starbucks coffee but it was hard to believe that was true.

2  Thank Baltharazad
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I would like to share with people who travel frequently and to Toronto my personal experience staying at the Marriott Toronto Yorkville.

The hotel facilities are within two blocks of my office and this is important however my selection of hotels is broad, so choosing to stay at this hotel is due to multiple reasons from ;

Room, restaurants and relaxing after a hard days work at the bar with great service from Alivia Capone who is the bartender and always makes us feel like we are important hotel guest.

Room - clean, descent size room to

Reviewed January 20, 2013

For the price of hotel, they should have a coffee pot in each room or supply coffee in the lobby. The design of the hotel is lacking. The rooms are not big. The quality of the bed was very good and we had a great sleep. I would say that the hotel is 'Above Average' but certainly not good. I am not allowed to give a 3 1/2 star rating that I wanted to.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room that is within a reasonable walk to the single bank of elevators. I can only ima...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed here one night and got an excellent rate of $149 per night. I consider that a good rate for being such a short distance from Yorkville. The staff was excellent; some of the best I've encountered at any hotel and I stay at a lot of hotels throughout the year. The beds were exceptionally comfortable. The bathrooms have been redone which includes an entirely new bathtub. Most hotels normally just patch up an old tub but this hotel installed brand new ones. The only issue I have with this hotel is its physical structure. Most rooms face a courtyard (not all of them) and the rooms tend to lack a lot of natural light. If you manage to get a room that looks onto the street (I ased to change rooms and my request was promptly accommodated), you will overlook the the south side of the Toronto Reference Library. Not a great view. I lived for many years in Toronto and trust me, this location is ideal simply because the Yonge University and Bloor Danforth subway lines are readily accessible. Overall, excellent hotel and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would request a room on the highest floor possible (which is really not that high), facing north a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank thecontessa1
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

If your looking to stay in the heart of Yorkville this is the place. Great hotel, large rooms and wonderful staff. We drove to the location so had to deal with parking, if you drive behind the building there is a parking garage to service The Bay that you can park in cost us $10 for a one night stay, really can't beat that price for parking downtown. There are lots of shops and restaurants right outside your door and the subway making it easy to get to other destinations within the city. Loved our stay.

• Stayed: January 2013