“Another adventure at St. Lawrence Market”

St. Lawrence Market
Ranked #2 of 505 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Once housing city hall, this Victorian building is surrounded by other historically significant architectural gems.
Reviewed December 11, 2014

I used to go there to get my fresh fruits and vegetables, then the cheese and bread on Saturdays. If you go to the basement, you could grab something to bite and there is a fresh juice place that I go to every time I go there. This is something I miss in Toronto. Not many restaurants offer fresh juices. I have got used to it now.. initially I used to ask for that every time I walk into a restaurant! My daughter used to warn me rather remind me every time too!

Anyway, recently my husband and I walked to Lawrence Market on a Sunday to see the place turned to a huge antique market. Although I am not one to buy second hand stuff I truly enjoyed browsing through.. I was shocked to see them selling everything.. from buttons to jewellery! You can even buy your diamond jewellery there! I would not do that for sure! There were quite a lot of hand made Bohemian Crystals, Waterford, Baccarat, Royal Doulton and many more were available to buy at a cheap price! There were lots of antiques, board games, books, and many more to see and grab if it is your thing to do! It is worth the visit and the vendors are very friendly too.. I think the best time to go is around 11 a.m. they take time to set it up and close at 5 p.m.

I would not recommend you to take your little ones. There is not much space between the isles to take a stroller. I have never tried the wash rooms either! To tell you the truth, I am scared to even venture on that route! ha ha! Do give about 3 hours to nicely browse through the whole place.

See it for yourself!

Date of experience: November 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (12,546)
All reviews
in 2,287 reviews
"vendors"
in 1,039 reviews

Reviewed December 11, 2014

Full of interesting things to purchase, meats, cheese, bread, spices, seafood, chocolate, musical entertainment, a definite must see while in Toronto.

Date of experience: November 2014
Reviewed December 10, 2014

I went here with my husband. It a big place located on Jarvis an d Front street. We got fresh fruits vegetables. meat and cheese. The farmer4s are locals farmers. You can find some organic food there too.

Date of experience: May 2014
Reviewed December 10, 2014

This is a good functional place to buy groceries, fruits and veggies. You can also get decent light food to eat on the spot. There is a decent selection of produce. The aisles are pretty narrow and hold onto your wallet or purse - pickpockets are not unknown. It isn't very exciting and is hardly worth going to as a destination unless you want to shop.

Date of experience: September 2014