“A little village in the big city”
Review of The Beach Village

The Beach Village
Ranked #44 of 530 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Undiscovered by tourists, this quaint neighborhood is home to an academic crowd and contains trendy antique stores and restaurants.
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The Beaches is a great escape from the big city, with cute shops and good food.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

The Beaches is a nice clean area of Toronto. Lots of nice small little boutiques and restaurants and pubs. Sit down, eat something, grab a pint and then go for a walk on the boardwalk for a few hours to people and dog watch. A great summer past time!

Reviewed December 20, 2011

Whilst on a visit to Toronto with my 13 year old son, we spent a glorious Autumn morning walking the Boardwalk at the Beaches. I had heard about this neighbourhood and was really keen to see it and get a feel for the ambience of the place ... I was not disappointed! We walked and walked and totally loved this place with its gorgeous lakefront properties, public park areas, and of course the lake itself.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

I love this place, my parents always brought me here for breakfast at sunset grill then we'd go walk on the boardwalk and play in the park till we were exhausted.
I also love bringing my dog down here and walking him on the boardwalk, there are so many dogs!
Cute little shops and some really good restaurants!

1  Thank pinkvalentine22
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The Beaches are a good place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city without having to go too far.

We took the streetcar from downtown, which allowed us to see the shops and restaurants along Queen St East leading to The Beaches. I have to say though, the journey was pretty long! About 30-40 min on the streetcar. I recommend taking and then taking a bus down to the neighbourhood.

The actual beach itself isn't the most picturesque in the world, but good for settling down with a book and some snacks or lunch. Many people walking their dogs and there is an area where dogs can run around. The water looked dirty with algae to me, so I wouldnt go swimming there.

I suggest to do this attraction only if you have a free day to relax and read by the beach. There isn;t anything else to do here.