“Vinyl cafe Christmas show”

Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
Ranked #103 of 530 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: The Sony Centre, Toronto's first performing arts centre and one of the largest theatres in Canada, has played a defining role in the cultural life of Toronto for more than 50 years. Today, the Sony Centre's mission is to unite the global citizens of Toronto through great artistic experiences. The Sony Centre presents year-round programming including concerts, musical theatre, gala and fundraisers, family entertainment, comedy, and dance. The Sony Centre has also recently introduced community classes ranging from yoga classes to art lessons. It is truly where the world comes to play!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

The place was packed for the show. Although the seating is cramped with hardly any legroom the rest of the facilities are pretty good.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I went to a charity event and it was a lovely space. Have been many times before to concerts but always happy when a Corp. give back to the community. Easy access by subway, lots of parking and lots of restaurants in the neighbourhood. Sounds quality from the stage is excellent. If you are at the very back upstairs or downstairs bring seeing eye glasses! It's a big theatre.

1  Thank PeterBruceG
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My family and I were just here to see Zelda Symphony of the Goddesses. The performance was amazing - it had my 4-year-old in awe the whole time. The seats were uncomfortable though!! I thought the inside was beautiful, and had an overall great experience.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My kids and I were just at the Sony Centre for a performance of The Legend of Zelda Symphony. The performance itself was very good, but I was a bit disappointed with the Sony Centre. Granted the performance was sold out, so there were a lot of people there, but there did not seem to be much room in the lobby or the areas surrounding the auditorium. There was little room to move and the air was stale, and smelled a bit like a locker room. The seats are very tight in the auditorium, and no room for people in the centre of the aisles to get by, so the people on the ends had to jump up numerous times to allow other people into their seats. Our evening was made less enjoyable also by the young man 2 seats down who was obviously sick....coughing, sneezing, clearing his throat incessantly. I understand that it is not the fault of the Sony Centre that a person arrived ill to their facility, but the attendants were right on top of cracking down on those who were using their phones to video the concert, but nothing is said to an obviously sick individual disrupting the concert. I tried to locate an attendant to make mention of it, but none were to be found readily. I didn't pay all that money to get sick! I guess that is what it comes down to.....I paid quite a lot of money for a not-entirely-enjoyable evening. I usually love everything I experience, and love to give great reviews.....it just didn't happen last night :(

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We came here for the Russell Brand stand up show. The show was awesome, and although we were up on the balcony level, we could see and hear everything perfect. It seemed well organized, outside doors opening at 7:00 pm, theatre doors opening at 7:30, and then the show was supposed to start at 8:00 and started around 8:20.
Seats were super uncomfortable though, and I felt a little crowded as the seats seem very close together. The theatre itself is beautiful though and everything was very clean.
Drinks at the bar were average priced, but they didn't have a huge selection. We only had one each though while we waited for the show to start.