Review Highlights

from $30.62
from $26.20
from $10.80
More Info
All reviews small town feel jane street clothing stores book store european style great shopping lots of shops great place to visit ukrainian delis runnymede stroll park bookstore shopkeepers groceries subway
Reviewed 1 week ago

If you are sick of downtown hussle and bustle and want to experiance a more authentic Toronto residential neighborhood, check it out. It still has MANY small mom and pop shops and since it is a Ukrain and Polish area, lots and lots of delicatessen and pastry shops. Homes are still kept in charachter with the 1920's and the trees are just as old, making it super pretty.
It has great schools, which draw many downtown to move here as it straddles the city core but is peaceful and clean.

It was voted #1 Toronto Neighborhood in 2018.

Check out Highpark (our smaller version of central park)

For food we love Camp off Jane. Book a reso since it is super tiny...FYI it does not take credit card.

For more younger demographic shopping, check out 'Bucks hard goods'. Has some great fashions.

Food, basically you do not need a grocery store. you can buy everything on bloor....and fresher.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

West Village is the place to see. It is aliive with culture and items of every kind. I love to walk the whole street from Bloor and Yonge to the wast as far as my feet can take me. I never get tired of walking, it keeps me young.I do not have to go shopping to walk in Bloor West Village. There is something for everyone. Please take your families, friends or yourself and take a walh through Bloor West Village. Give yourself a break and take a look through this village.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

Lots of shops but not many restaurants really. I finally found something at Jane Street - forgot the name but it was small but good. Shopkeepers are very friendly!

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Bustling commercial and high-end resident area with great small shops, businesses, LCBO and a librarian. Mega Save Optical has lovely frames and lenses for as low as $120 . Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

We stayed in this part of town and it was the best choice! Was able to walk to some really fun (and delicious) shops. The streets are nice and the homes were all so different. Still don't understand how they get a car up the narrowest of driveways to the garage in the back yard! Fun place.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

I like this neighbourhood, usually budget friendly, lots of student friendly places due to promiscuity with the University, you will find a very good diversity of good quality restaurants, best sushis and korean places of the city. Subway line all along is also very convenient.

Reviewed September 14, 2018

Festival was supposed to start at 17:00 but by almost 18:00 most vendors were not ready to sell their wares and I was really looking forward to some perogies..We left after less than half an hour. Pretty disappointing.I doubt whether I'll bother to come to this disorganized festival again.

Reviewed August 28, 2018

This is a European style street with shops, less stressfull than other similar well known areas like Chinatown or Yorkville. You can actually find parking too. Feels clean and prices are reasonable. It is my favorit.

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at an Airbnb not far from Bloor West Village n from the first evening we arrived in the country we were able to make use of everything that this area had to offer. Lots of food options including a few halal places. We found reasonabley priced fresh fruit from the greengrocer too. I was after some baking equipment and found the perfect place (Bulk Barn). Jane Subway station and banks were all handy to access. There was just so much to offer and it felt very safe and welcoming!

Reviewed July 22, 2018

Love Bloor West Village. So many small shops and lots to see. The Bakeries are awesome with side walk tables. Just feel the love in this area. I am a people watcher so it is up my alley. Just makes you smile. oh and the treats are the best.