Global Village Backpackers
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Toronto
See available hotels
Templar Hotel(Toronto)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. We checked in a few days ago, they had messed up our reservations, a few hours later we got sorted.
So we made our way up the stairs to head to the room, the smell was overwhelmingly bad... don't know how people put up with it.
The rooms were an absolute disgrace, stained carpets, cobwebs everywhere and the pillow they give you is a nice mixture of yellow stains and a "cream" color.
The toilets were equally as bad, the smell... the dirt everywhere. We couldn't shower there it was so bad.
The kitchen was disgusting, with food covered washcloths and towels, the fridge was just filled with flies and disgusting food, and there seemed to be a few homeless guys wandering around the kitchen.
The baggage area was absolute stink also, they really need to clean the place. The windows in the whole building were filthy, and the staff could really do with cleaning the place. I doubt they own a vacuum and the majority of the place is carpeted.

I would give this place 0/5 if I could, the only thing they could do is burn it down and go again.

We stayed in Canadiana the following night, and it was 1,000 times better, as we entered there was someone using the vacuum and people cleaning things.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else :)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ste K
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was certainly the most dirty place i stayed whilst in Canada. The rooms weren't too bad, but the bathrooms were horrible. One shower for an entire corridor or girls was also not enough, though towards the end of my stay I realised there were more showers on higher floors. Also everything seemed to be broken, including our fan, which wasn't so great in July!

However, I really enjoyed my stay here as everyone was really friendly and helpful which was great as I was travelling alone. If you can get past the dirt, this is a fun place to stay for a few days. The bar also has cheap (for Canada anyway) drinks and a good atmosphere. Free pancakes for breakfast was a bonus too!

Room Tip: Higher up levels seem to be quieter and have more showers for the amount of people!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The staff were nice, the location is good, but the rooms and the bathroom really need some good work. I have stayed in lots of hostel all over the world, I just can't imagine this kind of hostel exist in Canada.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ricci2
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The hostel is well located in the centre if Toronto. It has a bar, kitchen, common area and free internet.
The rooms are pretty small; luckily I was travelling with 5 friends I knew so it wasnt too bad, outlets in the room were barely hanging together, but the beds were comfy!
Their is some obvious discrimination being that the girls washroom is significantly better renovated than the mens. (the door to the mens washroom hanging open) The breakfast in the morning is an added perk. Overall I'd stay here again and just face the bathroom...

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Well this place is amazing .i had a blast there .a great place to socialize and meet new people .everybody is friendly and location is right in the heart of the city . If u wanna have fun and enjoy ur time in the city this place is more than worth ur money . The staff are really helpful especially helena .this girl deserves a pay rise . Couldnt do enough for people .always there when u needed her .the bar staff and everybody else that works there works well as ateam .i would definatly stay there again and gonna miss my days on the patio .thanks for all your help ..

• Stayed: August 2012