“Good choice near Toronto airport”

Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #34 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Saskatoon, Canada
“Good choice near Toronto airport”
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I have stayed here a couple of times and my most recent stay, overnighting between flights, was fine. The staff is friendly and efficient and my room was a good size, attractive and quiet. Good beds and nice linens with all the Sheraton amenities you'd expect and some nice touches like clock radios with ipod ports. My only complaint is that I was told the airport shuttle ran every 25 minutes. I was there 10 minutes before the time it was supposed to arrive and ended up standing in the cold for almost 40 minutes before the van finally came.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank voyageur08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Hessle, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2009

My friend and I travelled to Toronto on a city break in October 2009 and decided to stay here for the first night upon arrival as our flight landed late. We paid $200 CAD for a twin room and I can honestly say it was the biggest twin I have ever stayed in with two very large double beds and nicely fitted out too.
We used the automated system to check in which worked first time.
We didn't use any of the hotel facilities as we had eaten on the plane and it was late when we arrived.
The only thing that lets this hotel down (in my opinion) is the fees for Internet usage. Some hotels offer it free these days - why can't they all do this?
Overall though, a nice hotel and one that I would definitely return to.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
St. Petersburg, FL, USA
Reviewed September 4, 2009

As previously stated- recently converted from a Renaissance.

I arrived late one evening and the doorman read my name off the luggage tag and called the front desk. Approaching the front desk I was greeted by name, told I had been upgraded and that the concierge lounge was still open, but they would call up and make sure that there was food for me.

Orlando in the Concierge lounge greeted me by name and on learning that I liked hard boiled eggs for breakfast, offered to special order them for me (complimentary). I had my hands full with 2 plates of (free) food to take back to the room and he offered to carry them for me. Food was excellent - usual hors doeuvres, but much better selection and higher quality than most hotels. I hope that this is maintained

The next day I had some requests re dry cleaning which were promptly accomadated and the Front Office Manager offered to store some items for me over the holiday weekend - I had canceled a reservation at the Sheraton in airport hotel and am returning next week.

Room quality/ bed were fine - what makes this hotel different is the staff.

The only facility that I used was the Gym - only 1 elliptical (High end Lifestyle 95xi) and no exercise ball - otherwise basic but fine. Shuttle to the airport was on time and 5-10 mins depending on terminal. Interestingly this property is slightly more expensive than the in-airport Sheraton where I have stayed 15+ times, and would have stayed again but they have significantly cut back on the concierge lounge.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank fl2006
buffalo ny
Reviewed August 7, 2009

We stayed over night while visiting Toronto. This hotel couldn't have been better. The staff went above and beyond, the morning breakfast buffett was fantasic, the pool was amazing, and the rooms were modern, clean and comfortable. You can't go wrong with this hotel. It is a little pricey, but I think it was worth it. I thought the mattress was too hard, my friend thought it was too soft, and our husbands thought they were just right! But the bedding/pillows etc were heavenly.
They have a business center with free internet available. The lobby is beautiful and they have a great fireplace.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank cbk1111
Ontario
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Just a quick note to warn you off the staff here and the way these people treat clients and CHILDREN !!! We were there for a hockey tournament this weekend and we were standing in the hall way having a few drinks, and being very respectable and considerate to others who were on the floor. One of the suit guys and be warned this guy has no mannerism or class whatsoever..his name KELBI ....kept coming upstairs accusing us that we were making noise....we ordered food and it supposedly smelled..having siad that I don't know how pizza could smell bad as well as the wings, but anyhow like I said we were very respectfull and this guy (KELBI) was on a power trip. We have stayed in many hotels with our hockey team and never had any issue whatsoever, so I don't know why KELBI and his staff were so arrogant towards us. I told him I would be writing a review and he said go right ahead just to show you his arrogance. So I am going through with it. People beware, this is not a good place if you are travelling with small children,a s they do not seem to like kids at this location. You don't have to take my word for it, so go ahead and see for yourselves. Thank you for reading.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2009

My client books an annual Executive Retreat and it's been held here for the past two years. Nice hotel - the banquet staff can't do enough for you and the Supervisors check in at least once a day. We actually asked them to reconfigure the room on short notice and they had staff there in minutes to do it.. no questions asked.

The hotel rooms are nice and clean and there is a good lounge in the lobby. My only suggestion for improvement is around the restaurant. It is an award winning restaurant and the food is tremendous, but fancy and heavy. It would be good if they had some simpler menu items for lunch or a light dinner. Having said that I had steak one night and an amazing lobster pasta the next. There is also a handful of restaurants within walking distance, but not always possible when you are in meetings all day.

Other than that very small suggestion, I think they are doing a great job!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Super modern hotel. Rooms are cozy, modern and clean. We stay in room 748 and the view was awesome. The newspaper are complimentary every morning. Good location and close to airport.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Westin Toronto Airport
#72 of 136 in Toronto
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Residence Inn Toronto Airport
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!