“Not the only Sheraton at the Airport...”

Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #35 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Fredericton, Canada
“Not the only Sheraton at the Airport...”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My trip from the Airport to the Sheraton was long, as those directed me to the wrong Sheraton, but after a short wait I was at the correct hotel.

Check in was fast and easy, the rooms were nice and clean, the beds were comfy, the pool was awesome, the workout area was small, but well equipped, the Conferance food was great, and healthy and Marco at the bar was a great server.

The plane noise was an issue on the first night, as I didn't know there were vents on the windows that opened and closed, but after that it was alright.

Overall my stay was great and it was close to the airport, so getting to and from was simple, providing you didn't listen the the airport dudes.

Scott

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Scott M,

We truly appreciate the positive comments and thanks for taking the time to share.

Sincere apologies however regarding the misguidance received from the staff at the Airport. Although we do our best to mitigate it, there's definitely potential for confusion as a result of having two "airport" Sheraton Hotels.

Please do let me know should you plan on returning to our hotel as I would appreciate the chance to thank you in kind.

Best regards and thanks for having chosen to stay with us.

Dan
dan.woodburn@sheratontorontoairport.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Calgary, AB
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Take note - this is NOT the Sheraton directly at Terminal 3 at the Toronto Airport. It is about a 10 minute shuttle ride on Dixie Road. The hotel is clean, the staff are super friendly and the rooms are spacious, well kept and well equipped.

I'm not a very light sleeper, and by about 5am, the noise from the airplanes that passed by every 5 minutes was a pain.

However that is obviously expected for an airport hotel. You go there for convenience.

I paid $152 for this room - which is a fair price - but the hotel at the airport was only $169. For time and convenience - I think staying at the Sheraton at the hotel might be a better idea!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Sunjoyjoy,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback. We truly appreciate your very positive comments; however, please do accept my sincere apologies regarding the potential for confusion as a result of having two "airport" Sheraton Hotels. While we attempt to do our best with alerting guests to our location (being 5 minutes from the airport) verses the other Sheraton; such as via notifications when booking and in pre-arrival e-mails; we do understand that at times this does not always work. Additionally, please accept my apologies for the airport noise experienced. Typically we do not see many, if any overnight flights per night for the runway we are located nearest to.

Again thank you for the feedback and best wishes,

Richmond, Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I'm not much one for chain hotels but this one was a pleasant surprise. Fast check in, spotlessly clean room, great bed, good food - and amazing service! Everyone was friendly and helpful. As for plane noise, yes if the windows are open it's noisy, but with the windows closed there was absolute silence - and I'm a light sleeper. One of the main things I dislike in many conference hotels is the noise of people coming and going till all hours. But even with nearly every room on my floor occupied, I didn't hear a thing!

Dear helenrichmond,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and I’m glad you had a quiet night. Truly appreciate the positive testimony.

Although we’re definitely fortunate to have multi-paned floor to ceiling windows that still allow for fresh air supply; at times when the planes fly close by (depending on wind direction) it’s certainly best to keep them shuttered. Thank you for adding comments on our wonderful staff; it truly goes a long way in keeping morale high when they see that their efforts are appreciated.

Please do let me know should you plan on a return visit as I would appreciate the chance to thank you in kind.

All the best,

Victoria
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This Sheraton is right on the take off and landing route for the main runway at YYZ. In both the bedrooms and common areas you hear and feel the vibrations of incoming/outgoing aircraft. The conference centre is nice enough. Pool and gym good. Onsite food and bar, general service good (room service food etc. above average). Plenty of food options nearby. But the aircraft noise is a real problem. The Sheraton inside Pearson airport has no problems with noise, and is a better bet.

Dear Ruperto,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I do apologise that you found the airplane traffic a disturbance; I must confess that as an airport location we do receive comments similar to yours; yet, conversely we also receive comments from guests on how quiet they found our hotel or how they enjoyed watching planes fly over from the comfort of their rooms or our glass-domed pool.

Not to seem defensive, however for the sake of clarity; I would like to mention that of the 5 main runways at Toronto Pearson the runways we are situated near are runways # 06L-24R and 06R-24L. In comparison the other main runways 05-23 and 15L-33R are more than 1,500 feet longer in length, and fortunately we are far away from those in-and-out bound flight paths.

Suffice to say I’m glad we’re not situated closer to runway 23’s path, which is the one used for the larger planes such as the Airbus A380’s, 747’s, and Antonov’s (although they’re magnificent sites to see in my opinion).

Again, please do accept my sincere apologies and please do let us know should you decide to return; as we would appreciate the chance to make amends.

Regards and safe travels,

Forest, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Sheraton from a late night flight return from vacation. As usual - the service and check in was fast and efficient. Clean, comfortable, fresh rooms. Nice to receive the morning paper in the a.m (especially after being gone for a week and not alot of connection with back home.. .Had the use of the 8th floor lounge which supplied an adequate continental breakfast and GREAT starbuck's coffee. Also enjoyed watching the planes at the Toronto airport from the 7th floor room view
Thank you to Orlando and Joseph B. for wonderful service.

Room Tip: Ask for a high fllor room , great to watch the planes coming and going.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Brenda S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback. We're very fortunate to have some great amenities at this hotel as well as a very service-focused team and I'm very appreciative that your testimonial speaks to that fact.

Thank you.... you've made my day!

Best regards,

Dan
Shediac, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The service is always excellent. But as for Toronto, Hotels are generally overpriced. I booked through one of the "blind travel" sites, got a much better deal and the same great service. The rooms are comfortable and clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton while attending a conference. The service from the front office and check in was excellent. Room service was fast and efficient. Coffee in room was Starbucks. Delivery of morning paper is important to me. Paper was delivered early, before 6am.

Front office service was excellent. In particular, Joseph Borges provided superior service. Thank you

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Westin Toronto Airport
#66 of 136 in Toronto
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Residence Inn Toronto Airport
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!