“Excellent customer service”

Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #37 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed March 25, 2013

As I travel frequently and stay in many of Starwood Hotels properties, I want to take a quick minute to commend Nadine who works the front desk. During my stay I had a button fall off my trousers and become damaged. I called the guest services line and Nadine answered. I asked if there was a sewing Taylor on site and of course Nadine answered ‘no’. She quickly asked what my situation was and I explained it to her. Without hesitation she offered to see what she could do herself. Normally I wouldn’t have accepted her offer (I’m picky about my clothing) but I needed to wear these particular pants – so I accepted. Shortly after the bellman retrieved my trousers, I received a call from Nadine that my button was broken but that she had one very similar if I wanted to use that one, so I told her to go for it. Not 15 minutes after I first made my call, the bellman was delivering my repaired trousers. Nadine very easily could have told me no sewing Taylor was nearby and that would have been it however, she without hesitation offered to help to which I just wanted to say ‘thank you very much’ again! The type of customer service she provided was indeed above and beyond what I would expect and I just wanted to single out her warm gesture.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your wonderful feedback; it definitely goes a long way in supporting our team's morale. We're very fortunate to have some amazing Associates; and Nadine is a great testimonial to this fact. We've shared your feedback with Nadine and our entire team and will certainly celebrate her service.

Best regards and safe travels,

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed one night booked through Priceline. I was very satisfied with the location, the rooms and public spaces were good. Staff was excellent, welcoming and very efficient! I can never give an excellent rating to any hotel where I have to pay extra for in room wireless but that's also why I refuse to pay full price for rooms in properties where they don't. In this case the discount received by bidding on my room through priceline more than made up for the fact that you have to pay for wireless in your room

1  Thank Yesguy
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback. I appreciate your comments, and although we do offer free Wi-Fi in our Olio restaurant and lobby (including free for use internet-accessible PC's), I do understand your point. Similar feedback from other guests' in the past led us to introduce just recently a lower cost in-room internet access package for $5.95. I do apologise if we did not make you aware of this package when you stayed. Again, thank you for your time and hope you will visit again.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here this month and really enjoyed the beauty of this hotel which was priced at a very nice value. also close to the raptors stadium so I was able to catch a basketball game that also turned out to be a good one. recommend this hotel to anybody looking for great convenience to many spots in toronto and a great price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My visit admittedly was weird because it was Costume-Con weekend and the hotel was FULL of people dressed up in furry animal costumes. Amusing but also a little odd to see dogs, bears, foxes and other creatures all around you. So some of the noise issues I experienced were from that but from the moment I checked in, I was very disappointed with this hotel. It's not what I expect from a Sheraton brand.

The guy at check in asked me the same questions at least three times. "Do you need one key or two?" "Would you like a wake up call?" "Do you need a late check out for tomorrow morning (and I was checking out two days later which I reminded him of 3 times!!)?"

He would ask and then not listen so we went through the same things over and over.

The rooms seem old but are ok for comfort and space.

The bed spread does bug me because it's one of those with a sheet they kind of wrap around the comforter but you always end up with your face on the comforter and you just know that happens to everyone else too ... kind of gross!

My biggest complaints were the heat and the massive amount of noise.

When I got to my room it was 76 degrees. I like to sleep at 70 or less. The fan wouldn't turn on. I called down and they had someone come up. They didn't tell me what was wrong - they just looked at it and left. I had to call back down to find out why my room was not cooling down! The issue is that the A/C was not on in the hotel and the room heated up in the sun. I had two choices they said ... open the crack in the window to let a little air in and listen to the planes roar by OR sweat it out. Neither worked well for me. I asked about changing rooms and she said "All rooms are this hot so changing rooms won't help you."

She offered nothing else. After I was trying unsuccessfully to sleep I called down and asked for a fan - they had one (why she didn't suggest it when I was complaining before is a good question!) and it helped.

The next day because I left the windows open all day the room was down to 72 and with the fan it was better but still - pretty uncomfortable.

The second issue was how noisy the hotel was. I heard noise until 4 in the morning ... then got up at 7 for a conference. The next night I thought it would be better without the animal creatures around but there was still a TON of noise from the level above and the hallways.

I would not go back. I was unimpressed with the rooms, unhappy with the noise and frustrated with the poor service at the front desk.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience from your most recent stay with us. We are disappointed to hear about the issues you encountered and would love the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your stay. Should time allow please feel free to contact me personally.

Thank you again and we are truly sorry for your most recent experience here at the Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel and Conference Centre.

Dan Woodburn
416-675-6100
dan.woodburn@sheratontorontoairporthotel.com

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We recently had to stay at this hotel because our plane was delayed by 10 hours and sunwing put us up here in lieu of waiting over 10 hours at the Toronto airport. Of course as you can well imagine we were very unhappy as to the delay but were very content with the Sheraton. In fact, I almost booked this hotel for our reverse park and fly but had made other arrangements when I received a jaunt.ca promo on the Sheraton.

I can definately say that I will use this hotel on our next trip our of Toronto. The front desk was most welcoming, especially Diana who took great care of us. The room had two double beds which were very comfortable that I wanted to fall asleep but kept awake because we knew what was ahead of us. We were able to watch TV on a nice flat screen and have our coffee right there. It was a spacious room with two double beds. We were given a voucher for the restaurant on site Olio and the meal was really nice. They have large conference areas if you need and the internet is right there in the lobby for you to use free.

Despite the reason we were there, it was a great time and a wonderful was to spend some time.

Thank you Sheraton for making a bad experience turn into a nice one!!

Room Tip: Did not stay long enough to know.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.
We are so delighted to hear that Diana took such great care with you. Our wonderful Associates definitely strive to provide our guests with the best possible stay. I have forwarded your comments regarding Diana on to her supervisor and we will be sure to congratulate her on the service she provided.

Thank you again for sharing your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here before flying out of Pearson in the morning. Booked through Hotwire and got a decent price. Check in went great, nice and smooth and quick. We were expecting to pay for parking, as that seems to be the norm now by the airport. Rooms were clean, and very standard. Had to leave the hotel for a restaurant, as per a bartenders recommendation, but we then saw people eating in the bar when we came back. This might have been miscommunicated to my husband. Montanas was super close, so no big deal. What wasn't too cool was that there was a convention that took over the entire lobby. It was full of Mascot type creatures that were blocking the elevator and entries. I would stay again, but I would double check for any conventions going on, as it was a little hectic.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience feedback. Please accept my apologies for the crowed lobby and we do hope to see you again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Used this hotel for the start of our vacation. Booked for parking one week and the night before the trip. Service was excellent and efficient, rooms very clean, beds very comfortable to sleep in, fabulous pillows, coffeemaker in room. There was no noise! So, slept soundly till the wakeup call. The shuttle is every half hr. to the airport and the return was somewhere in between. This hotel is favoured by CAA so I let my CAA travel agent make the call and got an excellent rate. Need to book early if connecting it with a trip because once the less expensive rooms are gone, you will be paying for a suite. Montana's is directly across the street so had a nice meal there. We did not eat in the hotel restaurant but it looked very nice, nice atmosphere. The circular pool, while not used by us,also looked good. We were very happy with our short stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your wonderful feedback. Our “stay-and-park” while on vacation package has definitely been a hit this year. Thanks for pointing out some of our positive amenities and services. I do hope though that on your next visit you have the opportunity to try our popular in-house restaurant; as we receive much positive accolades in regards to Olio’s quality and value, I’m sure you’ll love it.