“Excellent choice to stay near YYZ”

Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #38 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent choice to stay near YYZ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Extremely friendly staff everywhere in the hotel. They take interest in each individual guest and strive to provide a personalized experience to everyone. Very good connectivity. Only one suggestion which I could make it to provide a shuttle to take guests to near by areas. Even though it's pretty close to airport, it's surprisingly quiet inside the rooms. I have stayed here multiple times in last few weeks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank A C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Once more, another great stay at the Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre. I contacted the hotel prior to my stay for a special request and they made sure it would be taken care of and it was. I ordered room service and the food was excellent. The room was great as usual and so was their fantastic pool. Luqman at the front desk was great at both check in and check out. This is my favorite hotel in the Toronto airport area. Book it with confidence!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank J9257
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

A plain and simple business Hotel. Airport shuttle runs every 25 min. Rooms feel tired and in need of a refresh. Breakfast was ok but nothing special.

Gym was on although one treadmill was broken. Sheraton should do a bit more to refresh their business hotels.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Wisimesa
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback.

I am extremely disappointed to read about your experience at our hotel and I want to offer my sincere apologies for failing to make your stay with us as warm and welcoming as it should have been.

I am sorry that we also missed the opportunity to make this right at checkout.

Please reach out to me at the hotel as I would like to regain your confidence in us and hope you'll give us another try.

Best Regards,
Dan Woodburn
dan.woodburn@sheratontorontoairport.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
campbellford
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife booked this hotel for me thinking it would be really nice. To my surprise it was extremely overpriced for what you get. The pay to park lot upon arrival has signs stating not to leave valuables in car due to major theft issues. Then into the room and off to the whirlpool that was out of order (apparently this is the norm at this hotel), then back to the room to have a relaxing shower when to my surprise there was a hole in the bathroom ceiling above the tub. I thought I would use the internet only to find out the "free" internet is in the lobby....the wireless in your room starts around ten bucks and goes up from there. There was only decaffinated coffee in the room and no map to ice machines etc in the hotel. The room didnt have a microwave or fridge which is offered at most hotels half the price of this one. Look around the hotel for far better value than this!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dan b
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear "dan b",

Very sorry to hear of your poor experience. I was not happy to see the hole in the ceiling (looks like room above flooded), although too late for your stay, we did fix it right after you checked out. Also sorry if you were mislead, as yes we do offer free Wi-Fi in the Lobby and Restaurant; however, our in-room Internet starts at $5.99 for normal bandwidth and $12.99 for premium capacity, this comes up as options once you log in. Additionally, sorry if the 2 by 3 foot "don't leave your valuables in your car" sign was a fright. Just trying to be proactive as we'd hate anyone to lose valuables. We do deliver microwaves and mini fridges on request (sorry if this also was not explained properly).

Regards,

Dan
Minden, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Spent one night here while in Toronto for an event. Loved it!! Will be back again. The rooms were beautiful, very clean, beds and pillows were super comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Loved the little extras in the room like shower gel and packaged loofah. Pool area was beautiful and bright. The Bar area was very nice. The food there was very good and staff, again, very friendly. Won't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank teed43
London, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here for one night to attend a seminar given by a major entertainer. Our check-in was quick and easy, and considering I booked the hotel almost 9 months in advance, I was worried that something in the system might be mixed up! Flawless, though I would say the gentleman who checked us in seemed a bit aloof. I'm not sure if this was his personality, or more due to the fact that his English wasn't great. Regardless, we were quickly checked into the room we had requested.
We got a nice room for a reasonable price. Most importantly, the bed was fabulous. We had a king bed that was comfortable, clean, and had many pillows and great clean, crisp, bedding. The carpet, and rest of the furniture in the room were tired, but clean. Bathroom area was great, and well-lit, with well-stocked and good quality toiletries.
The room, hallways, conference areas and lobby were very clean. Parking is an added charge of $15.00 per day, which apparently is typical of Toronto and the airport area.
We didn't go to the restaurant to eat, but the morning of our departure we purchased a small tea and small coffee to go, which turned out to be $7.00. I found this to be a bit expensive for Starbucks coffee, considering as an avid "Starbucks-goer", I pay the same amount for a venti latte and grande coffee. Just an FYI.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Percivas
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

We spent one night in this hotel on a layover back home. Room was pretty good- had everything we needed, however I was devastated when I realized I had left my hat in the hotel lobby! I called the front desk as soon as I got back home. They had put my hat aside and offered to have it shipped back. The initial price to have it shipped back home (Chicago) was going to be $40- way more than what I even paid for my hat to begin with. The office manager, Luke, offered to mail it through a local post office near his home and he did this on his day off! Total price for shipping was $10 so he was able to save me some $$ which I really appreciated. To me, customer service means everything and the staff at this hotel went above and beyond what most staff would do. Luke was great and now I have my hat back in one piece. Thanks Luke!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MSGSWG
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Westin Toronto Airport
#51 of 132 in Toronto
Residence Inn Toronto Airport
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!