“A pretty nice hotel”

Ranked #38 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“A pretty nice hotel”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Most definately the best part about the room was the amazingly comfortable beds. Though, they are a little softer than the usual hotel bed, the rest of the room was nothing too spectacular but was modern.
The bathroom was a little tight, with a shallow tub, but overall fairly decent with some nice toiletry items.
I didn't really like the charge for the wifi in the guest room and also the parking fee ($15) for an unsecured parking lot but they provided the wifi in lobby, lounge and business center area.
Overall this was a pretty nice hotel but you will need to factor in the extra charges and decide if it is worth it to you to stay here over other hotels.
we'd probably stay here again if after considering the wireless fees and parking fees, the rates were comparable to other similar properties.

Room Tip: Better to book the room at the club floors, six floors seven and eight. Club Lounge on the eighth...
4 Thank AlbertSiauw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Calgary, AB
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed the Labour Day long weekend with daughter who was moving to Toronto to attend university. The room was OK, a little dated, but for fine for a budget price. The surprise was the roar of the jet flying past the hotel building. We were given a 3rd floor room facing east. The planes take off and fly past directly above the hotel from west to east direction. The roar is from the tail end of the jets as they fly past the building towards the east. The budget room rate was attractive, but if you add on parking and room internet access at ~$15 per item per day, it is no longer budget priced. The other disappointment: at check-in, the clerk (Jason) was brash. The daily parking on bookings.com said $12, but the hotel charged $15. I asked about the difference and Jason responded "I don't know what you are talking about." Did he think he worked in the HOSPITALITY business? Would try another one in the area in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for the higher floors (newer rooms) facing west.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We admit to having been spoiled by the Sheraton we stay at in London, England. However, when we read the reviews of this particular hotel, we thought it might meet our expectations. It did not.

The check-in was quick, the room neat and tidy on the Club Floor. It was the Club Lounge and the Restaurant which let us down. This Club Lounge has "restricted" hours and it was made very clear to us when we walked in at 17:10 hr. after a long flight and were looking for a cup of coffee/tea. The lounge attendant told us that the lounge was not open until 17:30 hr. but then agreed to let us obtain a hot drink for which we were thankful. We noted there were no snacks out at that time - something our London hotel has from noon until 10:30 p.m. when they close (including fresh fruit, crisps, cookies, small things that make a difference when having a beverage).

We returned to the lounge around 18:00 hr. with my laptop in tow. It took 15 minutes and several attempts to log onto the internet. All alcoholic beverages were to be charged to the room (not like London where one can enjoy a glass of wine free of charge). The lounge attendant kept disappearing - in fact the person was not even around for 30 minutes and then showed up but did not ask if there we had any questions or if there was something she could do for us - the person seemed more interested in talking on her mobile or speaking with a member of staff who came in than in the people present in the lounge. The television was blaring and the air conditioner was so noisy that I could not even hear my mobile ring and therefore, missed an important call.

We left the lounge to go down to the restaurant for dinner and there discovered that it was noisy due to three large parties dining at the same time. The noise level was incredible. We were seated at a table surrounded by the three large groups and basically gave up on conversation because we would have had to raise our voices in order to be heard. Possibly a quiet section for couples or threesomes on nights when large groups are dining might be a consideration. The food was alright and the service good.

Would we return? Probably not.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I travel frequently for business and have many choices on where I can stay. There's only one place for me in Toronto - Sheraton Hotel & Conference Ctr on Dixon. The accommodations are first rate, the location is great, and the restaurant is amazing. While these qualities are reason enough to visit, they pale in comparison to the staff. The Sheraton team is always over the top considerate, professional, and super fun. They're terrific in making me feel right at home with my Toronto family. Kudos to Aneesa, Laura, Anna, Ken (Bubbaganoosh), Ian, Marco, Andrew, George, Kevin and, of course Val - just to name a few. If you're looking for a fantastic Toronto hotel in a great location with "best in class" staff - search no further. This is your hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Truly appreciate you having taken the time to commend some of our great Associates.

Please do let me know personally if there's anything we can do to make any future stays with us more comfortable or productive.

Best regards,

Dan Woodburn
dan.woodburn@sheratontorontoairport.com
Oro Station, Canada
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed here only 1 night thank goodness, the room had a stale damp smell and was not a nice environment for our young children let alone ourselves.
My wife had to get a late flight in to meet us, and I informed this to the reception when we arrived as my wife would need a room key, but when my wife arrived at the hotel they tried to turn her away even with her passport and refused to give her our room details, in the end after a long time and my wife getting very tearful they phoned my room and my wife was reunited with her family.
Also if you order room service beware its double and more what you would pay in a restaurant, also very highly priced internet.
I have never stayed in such an awful hotel and hope I never will.

Room Tip: Dont bother unless you can find one that doesn't have a stale odour
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear "355Jerry",

I'm at a loss to understand why one of our Associate's would treat anyone this way. Why on earth would we not allow a guest (with the proper ID and/or information) to get a key or at least call the room? We have discussed this issue with our Front Desk team and no one seems to recall this situation taking place. Please contact me personally to discuss; as I'd like to get better details in order to correct this type of service. As you can see from the majority of our reviews this type of service or overall experience is not typical. We spend a lot of energy and money on training Service Culture as well as hiring the best here and I'm truly shocked.

Thanks,
416-675-6100
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I are often in West Toronto for appointments so it is easier for us to stay down the night before.
We have stayed in many hotels around the airport and I think we have a new favourite!

We booked a CAA rate through the SPG website which worked out to a pretty good deal compared to what other hotels were going for the nights we stayed.

We were upgraded to the Club floor, which had the Club Lounge. They have a continential breakfast and evening snacks there each day. They would always have one hot item which changed daily (which is very nice when you're there for a few days). Many thanks go to the attendant in the lounge in the AM, he was always very pleasant and helpful.

The room itself was nice, fairly typical Sheraton in that regard. I was surprised how quiet it was given the proximity to the airport. When we were outside it was incredibly loud, but in the room we didn't really notice the planes.

The hotel has a nice pool that no one seemed to use while we were there, so we enjoyed that very much. Unfortunately the Hot tub is out of order at the moment.

Parking is $15 per day, which is comparable to most of the hotels in the area.

They also had an eco-option of taking a $5 food voucher, or 500 Starpoints instead of getting housekeeping (except for the last day of your stay). So we took advantage of that as well to get some extra points.

Overall we were very happy with our stay and it is quite likely we will give this hotel another try next time we have to be near the airport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear "Jalenkos",

Thank you for the wonderful review! Thanks for pointing out some of our great amenities and providing positive feedback about one of our Associates. I will gladly share the feedback with the team. Sorry about the Hot tub; looks like we had to have the heater replaced.

Hopefully you'll return soon; as we'd be delighted to serve you again!

Best regards & safe travels,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The team at this property made it feel like I was at home. This is a large property and have a change of travelers throughout the day. It was remarkable that on day 2 and then stay 2 this team remembers you. The front desk are the initial welcome. Val in the concerige lounge. George in the restaurant. You need to have the buffet here for breakfast. And don't worry, you won't hear the planes as you sleep. Not sure if they fly at night, but it is so quiet. Maybe it is the wonderful beds and linens?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ellis_NC_IL
Dear "Ellis_NC_IL",

Thank you, thank you... thank you! Really appreciate your wonderful comments, especially about Val & George! I'm truly blessed to have such an exceptional team here.

Hope we get the chance to welcome you back soon and please ask for me; as I'd love to say thanks in person.

All the best & safe journeys,

Dan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Westin Toronto Airport
#61 of 137 in Toronto
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Residence Inn Toronto Airport

Been to Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!