“I love this place!!”

Ranked #33 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Cochrane
“I love this place!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Hotel is centrally located, and the rooms are spacious and clean. Beds are comfortable, the bedding is delightful, and the hotel itself offers a lot of amenities. Underground parking is extra; but this is down-town Toronto - to be expected. You are within quick walking distance of so much! I love staying here, and would go back in a heart-beat!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I had a lot better experience at Travelodge! Theaff don't make you feel welcomed. There were stains on the curtain in the room. The bathroom did not meet the standards of a four-star hotel (rusts and cracks at the bottom of the door, nothing extra to what I had seen at Travelodge). A very average hotel, over-rated.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I would like to highly recommend this hotel. I commend the staff at the hotel. They were friendly from the minute I entered the hotel right up the room and room service. Jason greeted me at the door, took my luggage and waited to take my luggage upstairs, then parked my car. There were two individuals on the front desk and a gentleman opened up to check me in quickly so that I did not have to wait. His name started with a J (unfortunately I did not get his full name). I held a last minute meeting for 10 in the restaurant, the front desk clerks assisted me greatly, and accomodated my needs for an area of the restaurant that was somewhat secluded so we could discuss some issues of a sensitive nature. The food was wonderful and our server was attentive to all the guests. Then prior to checking out, the maid on the floor was also very friendly asking me if my stay was good or if I needed anything. When I checked out in the lobby, the girls were bubbly and started my day off with a smile on my face. Thanks again, I will not hesitate to stay at your hotel again. Please thank your staff for me, I really was impressed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank lucillemacdonald
Lexington
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Most people don't stay at an airport hotel for anything other than a convenient stopover or transition to another place. In this regard, it was certainly more than adequate. Rooms were clean and of good size, although bathroom was much smaller than expected. My one major complaint is the lack of free wifi. In today's competitive environment, I truly believe that the small things could make or break a decision. So in this case, I think the hotel would receive fewer complaints, and get more guests, if they added this amenity. We stayed at a lesser hotel in downtown Toronto (lower star rating and lower cost), but somehow they were able to offer free wifi....just sayin"!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 28, 2011

While in Toronto for business, I stayed at the Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel because I had my car and didn't want to pay the ridiculous parking charges that come with downtown hotels. I didn't mind driving 20 minutes for my meetings, so I thought this would be a great choice.

I paid $77 on Priceline, which is frankly about right for the value provided by the hotel. This is a dull, boring chain hotel. Most importantly, it's not a four-star property. While very clean, the hotel is showing its age, as others have said.

There's no wireless internet in the guest rooms and the wired internet is terribly expensive ($15). The hotel, however, does have several computer terminals just off from the lobby. While these are new computers, I found the internet access to be very slow. I tried using my BlackBerry smartphone to connect to the complimentary lobby wireless internet, however, the connection had issues the day I was there.

Additionally, the hotel charges $15 for parking, which is ridiculous. I could understand if this was for guests who wanted to leave their car at the hotel while they flew out of nearby Pearson, but not in my situation -- especially when there was no shortage of parking spots.

The room itself was comfortable and clean. It had a large, flat-screen television with a plethora of channel offerings. The decor was bland and what one would expect from a chain hotel.

The staff were friendly, but they were overworked for a four-star property. There was never more than one person on duty at the front desk -- and there was always a line of a couple waiting guests. There wasn't a concierge. There wasn't a bellman or valet parking attendant.

The restaurant was an overpriced cafe, though the pool and fitness center were nice.

All in all, if you can get a good deal on Priceline, consider this hotel, but don't expect a true four-star experience.

Room Tip: Use Priceline
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank planetraincar
Denwood
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Although the hotel is only a quick trip from the airport, it is not worth the benifit of not having to take a hotel shuttle to stay here. It was expensive and the extra expense is not worth the convenince of location. The room was old and dirty, I have stayed more than once so could not put it to just that room. Staff not very friendly, nor helpful. I enjoyed the Marriott hotel that was a short shuttle ride away. Also nicer to have some resturants within walking distance to go to.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
BALMERTOWN, ONTARIO
Reviewed July 26, 2011

The hotel is very close to the airport and very easy to get to. We went to the Sheraton that is part of the airport and it was difficult to get to and very busy. Service was wonderful, very helpful and knowledgeable staff here. Parking was outdoors but very nice, clean and seemed a very safe place to leave your car. We stayed on the club floor and the rooms were beautiful and large, and the sheets were very very soft. The breakfast on the club floor had a large variety and was very fresh. We went to the pool and hot tub at night, not busy and the water was a good temperature. Pool is not really designed for small children, the water starts about 3' deep and goes to about 9' deep. The water and the floors were both very clean and not slimy to walk on. I believe there is a shuttle that goes to the airport and select places around town. There are some restaurants (Montana's) right across the street.
One thing we would have liked to have was wireless internet. There was internet but it was cable only.
Overall we loved the hotel and would absolutely stay here again if we were flying out of the airport.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel overlooks a golf course, lots of trees and no buildings until the airport...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Westin Toronto Airport
#72 of 136 in Toronto
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Residence Inn Toronto Airport
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!