“Great location - only hot water, poor staff, poor parking”

Radisson Hotel Toronto East
Ranked #70 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Room 305

This hotel features an awesome location just off the 401, which was convenient for both our meetings on arrival and departure dates.

When checking in: it took 30 minutes with one person in front of us, which made us late for dinner reservations.

Unfortunately, the hotels shower only pumped out boiling hot water, when I called the front the guy had no idea what to say. I then had to rush to a business meeting, not showered, but no real other option. I presented my concern upon checkout, and again the receptionist had nothing to say or apologize for.

Also: $8/day up charge for parking, just so you can park in their back lot that they've rented half out to a Limo company, we had paid for parking and ended up parking in an adjacent lot.

Room Tip: 'premium' rooms just add 2 bottles of water, 'coffee machine' and 2 packets of tea...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank 98Dan
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear 98 Dan;
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that we caused you. There was no issue with cold water anywhere else in the hotel, it may have been an issue with the tap in your room. As you gave us the room number (thank you for that) it will be easy to verify and repair - if necessary. We do have ample parking, it may have been just momentary shortage.
I do hope that you will give us another try in the very near future, as we will use your comments to improve our performance.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

nice hotel, nice location, friendly staff, clean rooms. Overall stay was pleasant but few suggestions:
- Business center is next to the reception and on the way to the lift. We needed to do some work and ended up in Le Cafe. Not ideal.
- The air conditioning unit in my room was noisy (when off I could hear water dripping).I did complain and despite assuring me that they will look into it nothing changed.
- Rooms were way too hot. I couldn't sleep first night and same for my other colleagues who had similar experience. I had to switch off the air conditioning to be able to sleep the following nights
- I felt breakfast was pricey. For less price we got much more decent food elsewhere. Haven't said that this hotel is no exception for this. All hotels I have stayed in so far had similar prices.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Kamisn;
Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to let us know how to improve.
Please accept my apologies for overly warm room. The spring is always a difficult time for heating and air conditioning. The evenings are still cool, yet the days are relatively warm. So both the A/C and the heating have to be kept on. Hopefully we will only need the A/C by Easter.
We are working to improve the breakfast to improve the value perception; in the next few days we will be adding waffles to the already large selection: a variety of breakfast baked items and breads, cereals, oatmeal, whole fruit, fruit cocktail, fruit juices, yogurt, 2 types of eggs, breakfast meats, potatoes, vegetables, coffee or tea.....
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you in the very near future.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. The location was ideal for the proximity to Sunnybrook Hospital which was the purpose for our trip to Toronto on Mar 6 2014. The room was newly renovated and quite spacious. The beds were new and very comfortable. The hotel staff were very accommodating. The food at the cafe was very good and great service. I would recommend to anyone looking for a room close to Don Valley Parkway and Highway 401.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Dear Ginette K;
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your great experience at our newly renovated hotel.
I am very happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations.
The team and I look forward to serving you the next time you are in Toronto.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Good location, off the 401 and near Don Valley Parkway. Staff are friendly. Rooms are clean but a couple things that will make me think twice about coming back.

Reserved through 3rd party, had confirmation number and had it printed but they still couldn't find me in the system. They did try to find it and very nice about it, but took way too long get it done, came in around 3 o clock for a 4:00 meeting and didn't have enough time to get there because of the wait time to get checked in.

The website said king-size sleep number bed but when I got to room that wasn't the case. On checking with front desk I was told they took those beds out and I must have reserved before that was done. I made the reservation at 1 PM. Checked in at 3. PM. Hmm they move fast took all sleep numbered beds out in two hours.

The room was nice and clean but extremely hot and the ac isn't on. I left the window open while I went out but if didn't help. Called for a fan and again staff are great here - they brought one up right away. It's not helping much.

While being on Hwy 401 is convenient , with the window open it's extremely noisy and doesn't make for a good sleep. Presentation to give in the morning and high probability of no sleep between heat and noise.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear CRM433;
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that we caused you. This week we undertook an upgrade of our reservation system. We encountered a few issues, and a few reservations were lost in the process. All is back in order now. I would like to make things right. Please email me at: whg4304@whg.com.
I look forward to having another opportunity to show you our true hospitality.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I had the pleasure recently to re-discover the Radisson on my recent business trip. I had stop staying at this hotel as I felt it was run down. What a nice surprise and discovery when I walked into my room. It is modern, crisp looking, and it looks new. Staff at the front desk were very welcoming and professional. If you have not recently stayed at this Radisson; make it your hotel on your next trip to Toronto.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear MTLEurope;
Thank you for taking the time to write about our renovations, and other wonderful changes that we made. I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations.
We all hope to see you again during your next visit to our area.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel has undergone some recent and effective renovations. My room #818, was clean, quiet and comfortable. Television selection is not the greatest so I read my book:)! No microwave was available but if you take your food to the kitchen they willzap t for you (assuming the kitchen is open). There s no room service. The food in the bar is not bad. Service is friendly if not efficient. Breakfast is expensive...The B&B deal is the way to go but is not available with discounted on-line booking (like expedia). Would I use this hotel again? Yes. It is good basic accommodation (now that the rooms have been renovated) with a great location close to the 401/Don Valley area.

Room Tip: A good deal for around $90 per night
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Pomplewrite;
Thank you for taking the time to share your good experience at our hotel.
I am glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We also renovated our lobby, gym, pool area, and restaurant/lounge. Microwaves are available on a complimentary basis upon request.
It would be our pleasure to host you again in the very near future.
Rawi

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I had a great time even though I was at the hotel for only one night. I was a little skeptical about it being next to the highway, but I was pleasently surprised as to how quiet the stay was!

The staff was also super welcoming! I really enjoyed being greeted by every single employee I encounter!

Did I mention how comfy the bed was?

Room Tip: Rooms towards the highway face the downtown core, so you can see the CN Tower in the distance. It wa...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank J_SOSE
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear J_SOSE;
Thank you for your very kind comments.
It is a pleasure to know that we were able to make you feel welcome in your home away from home.
Hope to see you soon again.