“Old is ok, dirty n smelly is no no”

Radisson Hotel Toronto East
Ranked #68 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Old is ok, dirty n smelly is no no”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We came with the tours, usually they provide acceptable rooms. However first time ever the room reeks with smoke, carpet was dirty n damp, bathtub stained with - who knows what - asking to change the room but customer service said no more room available. Fine, maybe guests who travelling with tours are not being considered as real guest, so I asked for air freshener only being told, u can't keep it because we have more room requested for that. Seriously? after all of it, when I took my shower I realized no shampoo.. Only conditioner available. Ok. Bad luck. When I lay down I noticed one of the pillow have yellow stained, threw it to sofa, n trying to lit my bedside lamp. O'o no power, check next to it, apparently phone n alarm clock have no power as well. Ok. This is the worst ever housekeeping i ever experienced. Someone need to do control check for the rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that this caused you. We are in the process of retraining our team to insure that we meet and exceed your expectations.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you in the very near future.
Rawi Zayadi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and it was total nigtmare. The black woman and an Indian guy at the desk was very rude and impatient with us and the chinese girl at the desk wasn't helpful. The rooms were dirty and smell like cigarettes. The sheets had red stains on them that showed they had some kinds of bug infestation in their rooms. The light was broken, elevator didn't work, halls smell like cigaretts from first floor to ninth floor, I think they didn't care where poeple should smoke. They are also having construction in the parking lot which is very inconvenient . There also a charge of $8 per night for parking which was ridiculous. I won't go there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy K
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments.
Please accept my apologies for your stay. Our renovations are due to start in August and take about 2 months to complete. Once the hotel is renovated, we will become a totally non-smoking hotel - at present we have 1 smoking floor. I will share your comments with our front office team, and housekeeping team to insure that this type of incident does not re-occur.
I hope that you will allow us to host you on your next trip to our area.
Rawi Zayadi

Travelers are raving about these Toronto hotels

Tampa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have stayed at this location in the past and while it had been many years in between visits I was embarrassed to have recommended this hotel to out of town family members. The hotel is old and dingy, the front desk staff cold and unwelcoming. We booked an executive room that included breakfast, there was a breakfast buffet (food was cold) and not until our 2nd to last day were we told we could use our breakfast vouchers and order from the menu. The rooms were outdated, dingy and the carpets were stained. I didn't want to stay there, but had no choice - most other hotels were already booked and it was a prepaid room. :( Paying parking fees for this substandard location also added insult to injury. Upon checking out, no bill delivered to the room, no option of express check out, the final tally was given. The only positive was the maids were friendly and accommodating, especially Delores. The towels in the rooms were scratchy, I felt like I was using a loofah every time I dried off. I read some comments from management that a renovation would be taking place, won't be too soon and I don't see any of it happening and it's already July. Very disappointed stay and very disappointed that I had told others to stay here.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments.
Please accept my apologies for your less than satisfactory stay. The renovations are slated to start in late August and will take 2 to 3 months to complete as they are quite extensive. These will include wall vinyl, carpeting, and furniture for guest rooms, public areas, restaurant and function rooms. The exterior of the hotel and the parking lot will also be attended to during the renovation. We are also undertaking a training program with our whole team to insure that we are providing great service.
Kingston, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We booked this hotel through hotwire and for hotwire rates , I would say worth it. However , if I paid full rates , I would be very disappointed. The rooms were clean enough I suppose , but needed some definite updating. The A/C in the room would kick on every ten minutes or so and was very noisy. There was water damage on the ceiling , and the sleep number bed , which was comfortable , had a very glitchy remote. I was not impressed with having to pay for parking , especially not being located downtown , but the kicker for me was being charged for making local calls from the room. We were charged $1.00 per call , which we discovered we needed to pay by them slipping a bill under the door first thing in the morning. Also , as my wife and I were getting dressed in the morning , we had to stop the cleaning lady from entering the room. I have to say the staff was quite accommodating, they upgraded our bed size last minute for no extra charge , and provided us with a crib for our baby. Upon leaving the hotel however , the concierge , did ask my wife , who was still carrying some baby weight , when her baby was due , not a great way to end a visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Hi;
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel.
Please accept my apologies for the insensitive comment. Our hotel is slated for a complete renovation later this summer. Parking and telephone charges for local calls are standard in the vast majority of hotels in the Toronto area. However; we must insure that these charges are more clearly marked so that there are no surprises.
We look forward to another opportunity to host you in the very near future.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Got this hotel for $79 CDN on Hotwire. For this price, it was worth it. Its your average 3 star hotel in a major city. If you are looking for a better hotel, go downtown. Go to the Hilton, the intercontinental, the Sheraton. Do not expect this hotel to be like the shangri-la or the ritz Carlton. It is not and for the price, it is just fine. Most of downtown 3 star properties around big cities around the world have the same quality as this.
Cons: wifi is so slow. This is not typical of hotels this class. Parking for $8. Also, not typical for an off downtown property.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank FearlessNinja
Hi;
Thank you for sharing your comments.
Our hotel will be undergoing a major renovation starting later this summer that will include the lobby and public areas, restaurant, function rooms, and guest rooms. We provide a basic internet service free of charge. There is a small charge for faster more robust internet service. Many hotels in our area do charge for parking.
Rawi
Quebec City, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We checked in early and goth room near the front of the hotel with literally means you are on the 401..... ,and then left to meet up with friends for supper and didn't realize that the room would be so noisy until my husband tossed and turned all night couldn't open the window because of the noise in the room and couldn't turn on the A/C because that was so noisy so it was hot and stuffy.everything looks worn and slightly dirty (hallways, elevators (look at the floor corners), walls, carpeting etc). There was a dirty coffee cup on a table in the hallway inear the elevator going down...The door and windows coming into the lobby were also dirty..I should have know by this.....this was booked thru hot wire and when I got up in the morning I found a paper under the door for a 9.54 parking charges mean really couldn't they have told me. This on check in.....never again will I stay there....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 694babette
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that we caused you. The hotel will be undergoing a major renovation later this summer. Part of that renewing of the hotel will be a retraining of our whole team to insure that we pay attention to the details and insure guest satisfaction.
Belleville, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

unwelcoming front desk, dirty bathtub with hairs, uncleaned toilet seat, sleep number bed control set to 100 (maximum hardness) and broken control, $9 parking charge per vehicle, not even a free coffee in the morning. Overall, poor hotel experience for a "3-star", $120 room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that this caused you. I agree with you, that this is not an acceptable standard. Please be assured that your comments are being dealt with, and that we will focus on improving our quality. On a positive note, the hotel will be undergoing an extensive renovation later this summer.
I hope that we will be given another opportunity to host you in the very near future.