Radisson Hotel Toronto East
$320
$310
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdon valley parkwaysunnybrook hospitaleasy accessroom was largebusiness tripdvpfirmness
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We found this hotel clean, quiet, the room was spacious and staff was very professional and courteous. One thing we didn't care for was the charge for parking. Although it was a small fee ($8.00/day), we couldn't understand why. It wasn't covered, it wasn't guarded, it was just a plain self-parking, parking lot. The other thing was the sleep comfort bed. Hated it. Give me a pillow top and I'm happy. But, again, overall, we would totally stay at this property again. The front desk staff was wonderful.
We did have two breakfasts included in our stay and it was above average, but not spectacular. Service was good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review.We are delighted that you were satisfied with our services.We look forward to Welcoming you on your next visit to Toronto

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We booked this hotel because it was close to our neighbourhood, and was convenient in bringing our pets for the night while our home was being fumigated. Upon arriving at the hotel, I submitted the new visa debit card and was told that the hotel does not accept debit cards. I told the desk clerk that the card was a visa debit and can be used as a visa. After pleading with her to put the card through the system came back saying that the authorization had failed. I contacted my husband at his workplace and he even added additional funds to our financial account. For a second attempt, I asked the desk clerk to try putting the card again through. The desk clerk during this whole time continued to tell me that she knew all about the visa debit cards and that they were only access cards and not to be used as visa cards. After this situation, the desk clerk contacted the manager to explain the same valid credit card policy to me. The manager never came to the front desk but contacted the desk clerk through the phone and said the same thing. I told the desk clerk that I had the total amount for the hotel in cash and was told that cash was not accepted at check in and that only a valid credit card was accepted. I than explained that my husband would be along later that evening after he finished work but they wanted the physical credit card from my husband upon check in and would not wait for him to arrive. I then was told that since I had cash or a debit card that they would require a two hundred dollar security deposit in addition to the total cost of the hotel fees. At this time, the total price that they wanted was not available to me and the hotel would not wait until my husband got off work later in the evening. I explained once again that our apartment was being fumigated and that I was unable to go back home with our pets at that time after bringing them out in the cold weather. I really felt that the hotel did not clearly listen to our situation and did not accept the funds that we had for the room upon arrival. I was made to feel that I was being talked down to and that there was some rudeness from the staff in sorting through our check in situation. We had the money for the room and were able to provide a valid credit card a few hours after check in but since I myself did not have the acceptable credit card of the hotel was told that we could pay two hundred dollars more or leave. In the end, I chose to cancel our reservation. I would recommend this hotel if others were full because of the fact that the staff did not fully assist in our situation.

Room Tip: Always ask about specific charges and fees prior to check in and ask for clarity on hotel policies before reserving the room. Keep your luggage with you while checking in, as the staff walking seem to look over what is with you.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. As you correctly mentioned,we do need a valid credit card at the time of checkin to honour the reservation.We would have accepted your credit card,if sufficient funds were available.

Thank you again.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as arranged by our tour opeartor, here are the comments :

+ points
1. Free fast WIFI is a big plus !
2. Good beds - sleep number
3. Reasonably large rooms.
4. Near the highway - good for car trips.

- points
1. The lobby and common areas is a bit dated.
2. It is nowhere near city centre - however you should already know this when you book.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review.We are currently undergoing a phased renovation schedule and I am sure that you will notice the difference on your next visit to Toronto.

Thank you again and assuring you of our best services at all times.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We spent a night here after helping our kids move. The check in was quick and friendly. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. But it was cold. The one window seal was gone. So we put pillowed in front of the window to block the cold. That seemed to work. Other than the window, I was happy with the room
and the service. We had a nice breakfast in their restaurant the next morning.
Restaurant staff were very friendly and food was great. We would stay here again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review.We have noted your concerns about the window seal and will get that taken care of .Thank you for bringing it to our notice.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Toronto and assure you of our best services at all times.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights with my daughter for a girls hockey tournament.............this hotel is extremely dirty........pool area was freezing cold, room didnt gt made up until 4:30 after numerous requests..............very poor service and not worth the money

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you expected from us on your recent trip. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. We have shared your comments on the state of the corridors and swimming pool with our housekeeping and maintenance team to better accommodate the needs of our guests. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again and experience our best services.