Radisson Hotel Toronto East
Agoda.com
$180
$169
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdon valley parkwaysunnybrook hospitaleasy accessroom was largebusiness tripdvpfirmness
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Staff was super nice, but this place is so dirty, I felt gross staying there. I will never stay here. We got a great price for this hotel, but it was not worth it, whats the point getting a good price if the place is disgusting. Its only a good deal if you get a great price for a pretty decent hotel, but this was garbage, The carpet so dirty, bathroom smelled like urine, noisy AC. Its a little better than a motel I guess. Just avoid this place. Good thing I didn't expect much when going there otherwise I would have been very disappointing. Its a dump, avoid this place if your like me, who finds cleanliness top priority.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you very much for your review and we sincerely regret the unfortunate experience you have had during your recent stay with us.We assure you of our best efforts at all times to meet and exceed our guest expectations.We are starting renovations in September and hope to finish by the year end.We do hope that you will give us another chance on your next visit to Toronto.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband travels extensively on business and I travel only for pleasure. Sometimes I can accompany him. This was one of those times. UGH. We aren't overly picky, but do expect cleanliness above all else, followed by resonable comfort and value for the price charged. We got none of those here and if it weren't for the lateness of the hour we'd have gone elsewhere.

PROS: Apparently, location, because there is nothing more to recommend this place.

CONS; everything. You have to pay to park here. No complimentary breakfast. (we drove over to Tim Horton's across the Victoria Pwky rather than eat in this dump.) The place was filthy. The carpeting in our room held countless obvious and disgusting stains that it appeared to be part of the pattern but was decidedly not. The so-called Sleep Number bed didn't work- made horrible grinding, belching and thunking sounds. One side of the bed was so soft it was like a sponge and the other hard as the concrete sidewalk- neither could be changed. The A/C thumped, hissed, groaned as it cycled on/off all night BUT when on, it DID block the very loud highway noise from 401 right outside the hotel. Weak wireless. The photos of this place do NOT show the real thing. The paint jobs are unbelievably shoddy and were obvious one coats, with no primer. The surfaces slathered in this manner were cheap materials that were painted to evoke metallic finishes but you could see they were trying to fake it. The surfaces all had scratches from long neglect, and dirty fingermarks were all over the elevator doors fake-metal, painted wood surfaces. The wall paper was hung with large wrinkles and the furnishings cheap. The towels and paper products were of poor quality.

We arrived at 10 pm, tired from a drive from Montreal. They have only one luggage cart in this large facility, so we had to schlep our business and personal luggage in multiple trips to the 9th floor. This place has at least 9 floors and only ONE luggage cart? Unreal. The person at the desk pretended to care but no one ever made a real attempt to "find" another one.

The halls and rooms held an odd odor. Not sure what it was but I did see dogs being taken inside.

The men hanging outside in the parking lot and front sidewalk were nefarious looking and creepy. I had parked our car so my husband could schlep the luggage so when I tried to get to my room I had to pass on the first 2 elevators when one of these seedy men got on first. I refused to get in an elevator with characters like those. I am normally not THAT creeped-out or suspicious or worried about getting on an elevator anywhere in the world but... NOT here.

CONCLUSION; GO ELSEWHERE Radisson should be ashamed. We would NOT stay here again.

Room Tip: if you must, demand a room away from the highway
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BurghGirl71

Thank you very much for your review and we sincerely regret the unfortunate experience you have had during your recent stay with us.We assure you of our best efforts at all times to meet and exceed our guest expectations.I have sent you an email with my contact details and await hearing back from you to discuss this further.

Thank you and look forward to your reply.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

The location is excellent... just off the 401 and close to restaurants, malls, Tims. But this is an older building with stained carpets, less than clean-looking bathrooms, small toilets that sit too close to the floor (imagine!), and front desk staff that were grumpy and unaccommodating on check in.

The complimentary breakfast was excellent.

The beds we had were those "numbered" things where you press a button and they go soft or hard. Ours wasn't working. Pressed the button (because the default is rock hard) and something went wonky and it sounded like a vacuum cleaner under the bed.

If it wasn't for the great rate we got, we would not stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your review and we sincerely regret the unfortunate experience you have had during your recent stay with us.We assure you of our best efforts at all times to meet and exceed our guest expectations.We are in the process of renovating our hotel and do hope to complete the same at the earliest.

We do hope to welcome you with a new product and look on your next visit to our hotel.

Benni

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here while we visited Toronto for Caribana. We needed a simple place to stay, shower, rest then be out again enjoying the festivities. The place was packed, I'm guessing because of the weekend. Upon getting to our room we walked in to a moldy, funky smell and the room was HOT. Tried putting the AC on and nothing happened. Called down to the front desk, phone was broken on the desk so we ahas to call room service for the direct extension. They sent someone up to fix the AC, he said it was a lose connection. It took 1 day and a 1/2 for the room to get cool albeit we set the thermostat to 49F. The tub was dirty, hair in the bathroom even on the ceiling. We used shower slippers. The sleep number beds were OK, at this point I was afraid to inspect it too closely. The chair at the desk was broken, the carpet was dirty as was the chair and ottoman next to the bed.

The fire alarm went off on Saturday morning, we heard no announcements nor did staff knock on doors telling guest to evacuate. We tried calling the front desk to see if it was a false alarm, they hung up on us several times. When we finally went down there were fire trucks and people outside. When the staff cleaned the room it was not done very well which was no surprise given what it was like when we checked in.

I will be going to Caribana again, but will NOT be staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.I have sent you a seperate email with my contact details and would certainly like to discuss this further with you.However,please be assured that this is certainly not indicative of our normal standards of operations.

Thank you again and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Good Hotel.Clean room.stayed on 6th floor.New TV's.Friendly cleaning staff and reception staff.More staff needing in evening .Two not enough.Location good.Nice food.need renovation in lobby and elevator.

Room Tip: rooms on higher floor

Dear Xin L,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.Our team is delighted that we could meet and exceed your expectations.We are in the process of renovating our hotel and expect to complete the same by the end of the year.We look forward to Welcoming you on your next visit to Toronto.

Warm regards