“Average”

Radisson Hotel Toronto East
Ranked #70 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Nice Hotel. Located to near by shops. WiFi had mixed reception. Staff could have been more friendlier. Have stayed at better hotels, with better facilities. Food was average. Taxis are very expensive, so beware booking in advance without car rental.

Room Tip: Lower floors seemed better WiFi reception.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear DonDesai,

Thank you very much for your review.It is reviews from Guests like you which help us to review our performance and make changes to meet and exceed your expectations.

It gives me great pleasure informing you that we are starting renovations in September and hope to complete the same before the end of the year.

We look forward to Welcoming you on your next visit to Toronto and assure you of our best services at all times.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My son's lacrosse team was in Whitby for a tournament, and this was the closest place we could get I guess. Bad choice. As there are multiple rooms I will comment on, the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

The trouble began at check-in. We arrived at the hotel around 8 pm and there was only one front desk person working to receive both our group of 15 families and the wedding party. Check in was not speedy at all.

Upon getting our room assignment, we proceeded to the elevator to get one of the working cars, as one unit of the three was out of service. Upon exit from the elevator, we noticed the carpet looked like it had been run on with kids with wet feet. Turns out there were giant stains everywhere.

We entered our room and as I was hanging our clothes, I noticed there was a butted-out cigar on the closet shelf. I proceeded to the washroom and notice the exposed shower control plumbing.

We stopped by Sara's room for a beverage but couldn't stay there as she was getting a different room due to the fact the AC was extremely noisy. So we went to Joel's room. I walked in and said what schnit-hole this hotel was, to which the other parents in the room said I was the third to say that.

Joel's room was the worst - stained carpets, mold on the lamp shades, broken lamps, dirty phone, stains on the wall paper and to top it all off, a very long hair in the bed (Joel is, among other things, bald.)

The hvac vents everywhere (rooms, halls) were covered in layers of old dust and mold.

I was awoken by the fire alarm going off for 10 minutes due to someone smoking in the non-smoking rooms according to hear-say.

I took a shower the next morning and due to the extremely slow shower drain, the water was about 3-4" deep at the end. After getting out and returning about 10 minutes later, the shower had a disgusting layer of something in the bottom, which was obviously on my legs too. I washed my legs in the sink.

The entire team checked out on Saturday and we scrambled for rooms wherever we could get them on Saturday.

This hotel is at least 22 years old as I worked in an adjacent building in 1991, and it was around then. It needs to be completely renovated. I'm surprised Radisson allows it to continue operating as-is.

I've tried to add photos, but the app gets hung. Photos were of the mold, hair, broken lamp and carpet stains.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else until they renovate. It is the dirtiest hotel I have ever been in. I'm surpr...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hab_fan_will_travel
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your review and we sincerely regret the unfortunate experience you have had during your recent stay with us.We assure you of our best efforts at all times to meet and exceed our guest expectations.We are in the process of renovating our hotel and do hope to complete the same at the earliest.

We do hope to welcome you with a new product and look on your next visit to our hotel.

Benni

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I recently stayed there on business after three long years.The attitude,willingness to asisst and that smile has changed ...for good.Everybody was attentive be it the front desk staff ,the resturant staff or the cleaning staff.Way to go.I liked the idea of grab and go breakfast between 530 and 630 am at the recepton desk.Very convenient for a business traveller like me.The hotel has made some changes in the rooms but more is needed.However,everything was very neat and clean.

Room Tip: If you have an early start for the day,they have a free grab and go breakfast at the reception with...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank gillraj
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Gillraj,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.Our team is delighted that we could meet and exceed your expectations.We are in the process of renovating our hotel and expect to complete the same by the end of the year.We look forward to Welcoming you on your next visit to Toronto.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Our family stayed here this past weekend...seems to be some issues here. First day we got here the hotel staff didn't seem to pleasant. She was the only working the front desk with a line up of people on a friday at check in time. Our room was average and the pool was nice...until the second day. Our AC broke down (thinking every room had this same issue), we were moved to a new room with no ac(not so much fun with 2 children in need of sleep). We went down to use the pool again and it was closed for apparent water quality issues which makes me wonder again but kind of water did we swim in the day prior. Both rooms did not have a bathroom door that closed properly and had no fan therefore after a shower the room felt more like a sauna. Sleep by numbers not my choice of bed, very firm and could not get the left side of the bed to work. Yes this hotel was cheaper than most but definitely not worth the money. We chose this hotel based on price and the fact that it had a pool for the children to enjoy...least they got one swim in i guess.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Mimicat77,

Thank you very much for your review and we sincerely regret the unfortunate experience you have had during your recent stay with us.We assure you of our best efforts at all times to meet and exceed our guest expectations.I have sent you an email with my contact details and await hearing back from you to discuss this further.

Thank you and look forward to your reply.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Two adjoining rooms for the family, no extra charge for this. The staff were very nice and very helpful (especially housekeeping - nothing was too much trouble - thankyou).
The beds were very comfortable and the curtains kept out the light. There was a small amount of traffic noise (the room was on floor 7 overlooking the highway) but not enough to keep us awake.
Plenty to eat at breakfast each day, and car parking & Wifi included in rate.
We would recommend this hotel to everyone as its only a 20min drive to the city centre for any sightseeing.

Room Tip: Adjoining rooms available for families.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.Our team is delighted that we could meet and exceed your expectations.We look forward to Welcoming you on your next visit to Toronto.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

My wife and I were very impressed by the Radisson Toronto East. Everything from the clean, quiet, well appointed room, to the really excellent service we received in the Restaurant, made our stay as we were passing through Toronto a pleasant experience. We thought we would try out the restaurant rather than seeking a place to eat off site, and were not disappointed. The roast beef special was very lean, and quite tasty, and the service was prompt,and curtious. We wandered over to the Lounge after dinner to relax and watch the news, and the bartender couldn't have been nicer. We didn't have time for breakfast the next morning, but the manager gave us a big smile,a welcoming "good morning ", and a couple of coffees to go. Overall a wonderfull stay and I would recommend this Radisson to anyone passing through Toronto--and it sure doesn't hurt that it's about 30 seconds from the Highway 401. Wish we had had time for breakfast

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Dear Mark H,

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I been there with my father for a business tour in Toronto last month. We booked the hotel as my father always used to stay there before. After long time we tried it again and we were not disappointed. Excellent staffs with great service quality. Room attendant in our floor was very nice (Can't remember the name). We were on the 9th floor. Rooms were very clean. We had to extend our stay for Saturday and we also enjoyed the food over there. We were coming down to check out from hotel and my father started feeling uncomfortable due to acidity. I called in the front desk and within 2 minutes a lady front office manager (must be Indian named Su) came to our room with medicine and ice water. First she asked about the problem and asked whether we need any medical emergency assistance or not. When my father confirmed it is acidity nothing else and he get this almost every time, then she asked is there any specific medicine he needs or not. She called front office down and told them to extend our check out time. After that she offered some OTC antacid and chilled water and also told my father to take rest and the manager called us after 30 minutes to check . Within one hour (approx.) my father was feeling better and we started from Toronto to Ottawa. My father still speaks about her and told me to write a review. We will definitely go back there..

Room Tip: I would recommend 9th floor rooms. I don't know about any other floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Sam C,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.Our team especially Sudeshna is delighted that we could meet and exceed your expectations.We look forward to Welcoming you on your next visit to Toronto.