“NASTY CHEAP DIRTY HOTEL”

Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Toronto East
Ranked #121 of 134 Hotels in Toronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Belleville Ontario
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Upon check in the unfriendly guy at the desk kept me waiting to check in for near 10 mins while he messed with some paper that was apparently more important than looking after me. I would have turned around and left right then but my ride had left. I got checked in finally and proceeded to my room. The farther I walked, the more I wished that I had left. This place smells BAD. I hated to even touch anything. The room was cold, but I was OK with that but my if my wife had been with me there would have been a problem. On second thought , if she had been with me we would have left before even entering the room. The room was clean, no bugs( surprise, I looked ) but old and tired. I had expected to eat dinner on site as I had no car , they say there's a restaurant on site but it has been closed for a while. Not knowing the area I asked where I could eat and was told you can order pizza, I said that's it and was told yes that's it ?? Greasy pizza, couldn't eat it. Went hungry.
The bed sucked, tv old and fuzzy. Little bath towels the size of hand towels. My morning shower was a treat, the water temperature kept going from very hot to cold so I had to trying to adjust it but nothing worked , I finally gave up. I went down to the free breakfast to get some orange juice & coffee but no orange juice. I was told that they had run out and there wouldn't be any until next week - not tomorrow next week??
I stayed here on someone else's dime and its hardly worth that.
Howard Johnson's must be hard up for sites if they can keep there name on a place like this. I won't ever be back.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Tom031
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I stopped by the Howard Johnson. We stayed just one night and we got a good price since we were late and leaving early. We paid $45. The room was OK, at least for one night. We had no time to check for reviews as we usually do, but as we were on our way to get back home, it didn't really matter. I had time to try the pool though. Nice place, warm water with a view of the cold outside. Bathroom was pretty decent and everything was there for our comfort. We had a light and quick breakfast. The clerk was very friendly and helpful. While we know we won't come back there due to the fact it was just a one shot trip, this hotel can be a good place for the money. Don't expect luxury but no high price either.

Room Tip: Try the king size bed room. Comfortable matress :-)