Upon check in the unfriendly guy at the desk kept me waiting to check in for near 10 mins while he messed with some paper that was apparently more important than looking after me. I would have turned around and left right then but my ride had left. I got checked in finally and proceeded to my room. The farther I walked, the more I wished that I had left. This place smells BAD. I hated to even touch anything. The room was cold, but I was OK with that but my if my wife had been with me there would have been a problem. On second thought , if she had been with me we would have left before even entering the room. The room was clean, no bugs( surprise, I looked ) but old and tired. I had expected to eat dinner on site as I had no car , they say there's a restaurant on site but it has been closed for a while. Not knowing the area I asked where I could eat and was told you can order pizza, I said that's it and was told yes that's it ?? Greasy pizza, couldn't eat it. Went hungry.
The bed sucked, tv old and fuzzy. Little bath towels the size of hand towels. My morning shower was a treat, the water temperature kept going from very hot to cold so I had to trying to adjust it but nothing worked , I finally gave up. I went down to the free breakfast to get some orange juice & coffee but no orange juice. I was told that they had run out and there wouldn't be any until next week - not tomorrow next week??
I stayed here on someone else's dime and its hardly worth that.
Howard Johnson's must be hard up for sites if they can keep there name on a place like this. I won't ever be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Toronto East is located just minutes from the Highway 401 & Warden Ave., The Toronto Zoo, Ontario Science Centre, Scarborough Town Centre Mall, Parkway Shopping Plaza and more! Also provides you with quality rooms at affordable rates. We are proud to offer you, •191 Guestrooms - 2 double or 2 queen beds; 1 King bed; or Jacuzzi Suites•24 newly renovated deluxe room at your services •Complimentary Continental Breakfast •Indoor Heated Pool / Whirl Pool•High Speed Wireless Internet Kiosk in Lobby and Rooms•Pet Friendly Hotel•FREE Parking •FREE RV and Bus Parking •FREE Daily Newspaper•Gift Shop in Lobby •Laundry Mart•Enclosed Garden Courtyard / 8 acres of Landscaped Gardens •Meeting Rooms and Banquet Facilities •Conference Room & Hospitality Room •Printing, Fax & Copy Service At the Howard Johnson Toronto East we are committed to providing you with the quality and service you expect. Whether you are travelling on business, for pleasure, with tour groups or sports teams, we are here to ensure you have a great stay with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Toronto East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn & Suites - Toronto East Hotel Scarborough
- Howard Johnson Inn And Suites - Toronto East
- Howard Johnson Hotel Scarborough
- Howard Johnson Scarborough