“Best All You Can Eat Sushi Place In Toronto”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Echo Sushi

Echo Sushi
Ranked #673 of 8,432 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: 2036 Yonge Street Toronto, ON M4S 1Z9 (416) 322-8861 Subway: Davisville
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Best All You Can Eat Sushi Place In Toronto”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

If you're looking for quality, fresh, and variety at a fair price...then look no further. Echo Sushi has great service, selection, and ala carte options as well.

They offer Sushi, Sashimi, Hand Rolls, and Specialty Rolls in addition to their hot menu which includes tempura, tapanyaki, salads and appetizers.

They serve brown rice upon request. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great Japanese meal with choice at an incredible price point.

Enjoy

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank RealEstateToronto

• Korean first
Toronto
“Great AYCE sushi”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I live int he area and have been to echo sushi many times but this is my first review.

Personally I find the quality of the All You Can Eat sushi to be quite high. All of the rolls are made fresh and lots of ingredients are used. E.g. sometimes if you order a unagi roll you get either cucumber or avocado. At Echo you get both.

The sushi chefs are usually quite quick so you are never waiting too long for your food which is nice.

This is my favourite sushi place in the Yonge/Eglinton/Davisville area

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Barry C
Toronto, Canada
“Probably the best all you can eat sushi in Toronto”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Great food quality for an all you can eat. The fish is always fresh and the sashimi melts in your mouth. Also great location - on Yonge, between Eglinton and Davisville. Great place, I go there all the time. The only downside - their wine selection is quite scarce. But then again, you don't really go to a sushi place for wine. But if you do, then here you'll have to settle for a below average red or white. Sake is good though.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Rene3h
Toronto
“Echo Sushi - NO MORE!”
Reviewed July 30, 2010

y husband I use to be faithful patron's of Echo Sushi. Their food is fresh and for the price; you really can't complain. We've taken numerous out-ot-town guests there; spent many memorable dates there and have energetically promoted the restaurant to many of our friends and acquaintences.

However, last night after a terrible dining experience, we decided to break-up with Echo Sushi. We've been involved with Echo for 4 years. There was even a time period where we would be at the restaurant at least once a week gorging ourself on various sushi and japanese tapas. Unfortunately, about a year and a half ago everything started going downhill. We should have seen the signs.... all the servers were suddenly different and the menu was altered....It was a like a husband who had hit a mid-life crisis and suddenly brought home a mustang convertible. While it was different and we certainly didn't like the change; we were still in love with Echo and decided to continue going as there was no real reason to stop. The food was still fresh, the menu selection was still quite large and the location was fantastic!

Last night was when our rose-colored spectacles finally came off. My husband and I are moving downtown this weekend and we thought it would be nice to have one last sushi night out at Echo. When we got there, it was quite busy; but there was one lone table left in the middle of the restaurant for 2. To be fair, I am particularly fussy about where I sit - I'm not sure why, but it's a pet peeve of mine if I get a really cramped and crappy table next to the restroom - it ruins the experience. But, while this was not an ideal table, we decided to take it anyway because we tickets to a movie and were limited on time. About 1 minute after we sat down, the couple in the booth next to us decided to leave. We quickly asked the waitress if we could have the table and she said yes. However, as soon as the table was cleaned off, another couple jumped up from their table and grabbed it. Instead of telling the other party that the table was already promised to us, they did nothing. When I asked the waitress, she simply shrugged. No apology. I felt like I had caught my highschool boyfriend flirting with a cheerleader at a basketball game. Yet, I bit my tongue and decided to play it cool. Another minute later, another couple in the booth across from us left and again I asked the waitress if we could take it. Now, you would think that she would feel slightly bad that since she had given our table to someone else that she would most definitely give us that table - especially since there was no one waiting for a table. NOPE! She told us that it was reserved for a party of 4. Fine, I thought - fair enough. However, 1/2 hour later, there was still no one who had come to claim this "reserved" table and when a couple walks into the restaurant, the waitress just gives them the booth! This time I felt like I had caught my highschool boyfriend making out with the cheerleader under the bleachers. I can completely understand what the waitress is thinking "why should I give this couple who is already eating at this restaurant a table of four, when I could potentially have another party of four come in". However, what she doesn't realize is that "service" at a restaurant ALWAYS trumps the food. While people go to restaurants to eat, it's the experience and the service that keeps them coming back. While ECHO may have potentially made more money from a table of four; they have lost far more revenue from us from never returning or recommending them to anyone we know.

Now, before you judge us on breaking up with a restaurant over one experience; you must understand that this was not the first bad experience we've encountered. Throughout our relationship with Echo there have been numerous spats that's we've ridden out; like, extremely long wait times for orders, completely missed orders, wrong orders. However, after 4 years of being faithful customers, you can only turn a blind eye so many times and to be passed over like an old aging housewife for a shiny plastic trophy girlfriend is the last straw. ECHO SUSHI - we are officially dumping you. We will never visit you again; and as they say, "there are plenty of other fish in the sea"!

3 Thank Ti-Lui