“Service with a smile”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brantford, Canada
“Service with a smile”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We recently held a Vendor Fair at the hotel and we couldn't be happier with the service we received. Michelle Bernard the Executive Meetings Manager was awsome to work with. Her warm and friendly personality and professional conduct was outstanding. Our two day Fair was well attended and we received numerous comments on how good the food was. The staff were very attentive and readily available. We truely appreciate all of the cosmetic updates that have taken place. It is a plesure to bring our Members to your facility. We will certainly return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Patti T
Daniel B, General Manager at International Plaza Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thanks for staying with us at International Plaza Hotel. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Michelle Bernard was helpful! I’ll be sure to share your comments with them. See you soon, Daniel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I arrived at Toro to airport in the evening, wanting to stay close by so I could get an early start the next day. The hotel shuttle picked up as promised, I had a fast check-in. The room was cosy with comfortable bed, pillows and bath. Had a great breakfast in the hotel cafe and was on my way,

Room Tip: It is spread our, so not too far from the elevator might be a request
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Daniel B, General Manager at International Plaza Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the International Plaza Hotel. I’m happy to hear that our service and our great amenities made your stay more comfortable. Hope to see you again soon.
-Daniel.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed Oct 18th - 20th. Arrived at 3pm, room was not ready. Had to wait over an hour to check in. The front desk people could care less. When reserving this room, there was no mention of $14 a day parking. This hotel is in the middle of nowhere .... there should not be a charge for parking. The hotel was over run with kids from a hockey tournament ... pool area was unusable because of the overcrowding and noise. Bathroom had no ventilation ... heating system was noisy and temperature control was impossible. Maid service was very late in the day. There are many other better hotels near the airport. We will never stay there again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Daniel B, General Manager at International Plaza Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at International Plaza Hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.
Reviewed October 18, 2013

It has been a while since my wedding at the former Double Tree hotel, and I still feel like I should put in my review because the service was not thorough. The wedding coordinator was only OK before the wedding, but it feels like the service promptly stops at the night of the wedding. We checked out of the room in the morning but forgot one of my ball gowns in the closet - It is a big gown and it was not cheap. Due to the frenzy of moving into our new place, I thought it was safely tucked in a closet somewhere, until I realized it is not. I called the hotel once around 5 months after the wedding and they said there is no record in the system of anything found that day in our room. I figured I must have it somewhere in my house or in my previous apartment.

After a few weeks I still could not find it and could not think of anywhere I could have left it, so I visited the hotel in person, insisting going into their lost & found room and search it in their system. The woman in charge of the system was not even trained to properly search it. She searched wrong and the record did not come up, but I searched again and found the record immediately. Nobody tried to contact us after we left even though we had been working with them regularly before the wedding and the item left was expensive and personal. What is worse is that they have no idea where the dress it, because after 6 months they will just either dispose of the items or the staff can take them. Their attitude while talking to me was very poor as well, it was clear to me that they are not trained to think long term, to treat their clients as if they will be returning guests. I am extremely disappointed with how they handled the situation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Junashi
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at International Plaza Hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our International Plaza Hotel guests have a rewarding stay. We've addressed these issues with our Housekeeping team and hope that next time you’re in Toronto, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2013

my wife and I stayed at this hotel overnight between flights having booking it by a third party webb site the hotel used to be a double tree by Hilton before and it looks like it had come to the end of its shelf life.the room we had was a little small, it looked like the new ownwers were trying to update the room with a brand new 42 inch tv , but having looked at the room maybe cleaning the carpet would have been a better bet to start with..and if you are updating the rooms but idea not to leave cans of paint etc in the hallways......and also a broken pain of glass outside our room..all in all ok for overnight stay and that's it

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your stay with us on Trip Advisor. At International Plaza Hotel, we know that how our guestrooms look is very important. Our focus on a great guest experience and reviews like yours have led us to renovate our guestrooms starting next year. We hope that the next time your travels bring you to Toronto you’ll stay with us and tell us what you think about our new guestroom experience. We hope you’ll be one of the first to enjoy our improvements. Thank you!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I live in Toronto and my relatives came to Toronto to stay overnight at this hotel from overseas as part of a tour group. I helped them check in. The hotel's facility is very old and was under repair. Moldy smells everywhere. The location is just off the airport, noisy, dark and gloomy.
The front desk gave my relative the key to the occupied room. When we opened the door, someone was already there naked. The guest in that room was smoking and the room was filled with smoke. We had to carry big luggages back down to the front desk just and complained. The front desk service rep did nothing but threatened us and refused to give us the new room. We were tired and so was my relatives as it was almost midnight. It took good 2 hours and lots of phone calls and blaming games and finally we got the key to the new room.
The front desk employees have terrible tempers and poor service quality.
Location is terrible, hotel is smelly and old.
We forgot for a few minutes that we were in Toronto.
This was truly the hotel from hell. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: Hotel from hell. Avoid this hotel. if must stay, complain complain complain, speak to the manager a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travel b
Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We’re very sorry your experience at International Plaza Hotel wasn’t up to our usual high standards. We’ve addressed the problems you mentioned with our Front Desk team. Thank you for alerting us to this issue, and we hope you’ll give us another chance if you return to our area.
Rama, Ontario
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night Sept 30/13, using park n fly for morning flight. I enjoyed my stay here, its a nice hotel within walking distance to convenience store, Tim H's and fast food. My 11th floor room (facing Dixon Rd) was comfortable, the bath towels luxurious, and l was surprised that the airplanes passing over weren't as noisy as l thought they would be.

My car was parked for 4 nights. Park n fly was convenient for me as l don't want to drive into the airport and park myself.

Since 2008, I had stayed here three times, and it was a Hilton then, but this was my first time staying here under the International name. I have always enjoyed staying here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nshwaaswi
Your comments about your stay at International Plaza Hotel made me smile. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable (along with our great location). Hope to see you again soon!