Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
6,978 results
All reviewsmarket gardenadult poolfamily poolhuge hoteleaton centrebusy hotelyonge streetmarch breakcentral locationheart of downtowncn towergerrardsubwayconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Be careful about Room Service. They are playing that Gratuity Included" game where they add a $4 "Delivery Fee" PLUS a line item entitled "15% Room Service" PLUS tax.

And Check in was a zoo - but went fairly fast - 10 minutes

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2011

I have never posted a review on trip advisor before, but my first-but-not-last stay at the Delta impressed me enough to do so.
I was in Toronto with my husband for a non-invasive, but serious, medical procedure done in hospital. I joined the privileges club (free) so we were able to drop our bags off at 9:30 am (early check-in privileges) on the day we arrived, in order to go straight to the hospital. The next day, we set out before dawn for my procedure at the hospital. We were supposed to stay another night; however, threatening storms were causing flight cancellations already. We were able to fly out that night, checking out at about 5 pm (late check-out privileges) so were actually charged for one night over all.
Comfort was amazing, as were the much-talked-about pillows. An extra blanket was provided, when requested, as was a mini-fridge. Hard-wired internet was free (if you're a privileges member). Location was quite central. We had a king deluxe room -- reasonable size, extremely quiet, as per our request. Hospital stay rate was offered by staff, upon check-in, after we had already booked. Convenient choice of various eateries in the hotel itself, eliminating the need for trips outside to eat. Service was polite, prompt, courteous and above-and-beyond.
Hope to return next time to actually 'see' Toronto as a tourist.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2011

My spouse and I decided to go to the big smoke for a getaway! Based on previous trips we've never had any luck finding a half decent place for a good price so we decided to book online to ensure a nice place for a nice price.
We thought about going through hotwire and priceline but am not too keen on the fact of not knowing where your staying until after you pay. Lucky for us we went on the Delta website and booked a room through that.
We got 1 queen size bed room and when we got in the room it was like a shoebox. Not much room to move or breathe. Upon inspecting the room we noticed that it wasn't as clean as it should have been. So we called housekeeping and they offered to move us rooms. We gladly accepted and were upgraded to a king size suite. This made us very happy as it was twice the size of the original room. They did their best to accomodate us and would happily go back.
The indoor slide was great!!!! The hours were crap though. We had enough time to do a couple runs so that was nice as that was the main reason for booking at this hotel. Parking was expensive but if you ask nicely at the front desk they will add extra hours onto your parking pass. This was very nice as they had gave us a late check out for 1pm and we're allowed to stay in the same parking lot until 6. The late chek out was great as well.
Overall we were very impressed that this hotel was happy to help us and accommodate us in any way possible. I would definately go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Bid a 3.5 star property on priceline for $68 and was assigned this room. Total charges with tax came to $89 for the night. We arrived at the hotel, to find that overnight parking was $31 per night including taxes. I have since learned that parking can be had cheaper in the parking lots next to the hotel, or across the street from the hotel. Check it out. Parking in the hotel had no benefits, we were on the 5th underground floor, and had to walk a mile to get to the room anyways. If you are going to pay for parking, you mine as well get Valet service ($5 additional I think)..

At check-in, there were 2 people working the front desk. There were about 20-30 guests ahead of us in line. I had printed out a Delta Privilege card on the internet, so I was able to check in at the VIP desk with no wait. The woman running the VIP desk read me the riot act saying that since I booked with priceline, I wouldn't get any perks of the Privilege card (no free WIFI, no room upgrade), but she would "do me a favor" and let me check in with her. That was kind of rude, the woman went back to twiddling her thumbs while mobs of people waited in line after she checked us in.

We were assigned a room with two double beds, not exactly romantic for my girlfriend and I. There was no choice in room (we understand this is how priceline works). We were also assigned a very dated room, there are newly remodeled rooms in this hotel and we did not get one of them. Our floor was filled with kids running around the hotel, hanging out in the hallways at all hours and throwing parties. The next morning there were tons of garbage and pizza boxes thrown in the hallways, it was weird to say the least.

The plus side is that the room was very clean, yet very no frills for a supposed 3.5 star property. I would consider the accommodations to be no better than many 2.5 or 3 star properties I have stayed in before. Also those 2.5 or 3 star properties will include free breakfast, free parking, and free internet. The delta has none of this. The breakfast, parking, and internet were all overpriced.

The huge plus side of the room is that it is walking distance to Younge street. There is a great British restaurant/pub right next to the restaurant on Younge street, we loved it. There are also several decent bars, and lots to see and do within walking distance. There is a very good place for breakfast called Eggspectations that is within walking distance of the room also. Way better than hotel food.

The hotel had a very nice Adults only pool and spa. We used the pool, it was very clean. There was also a nice Sauna in the lockerrooms. We didn't use the spa because too many people were in it, but it looked fine.

Apparently there is a water slide and a kids pool, but I had no interest in this.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2011

For the location and the overall facilities and look of the place this hotel attracts a lot of chavs. My stay was very mixed. Positives - the gym and pool (quite impressive for a hotel), turndown service (on request but was very good), staff (pleasant enough without being American/OTT). Negatives - my 'non smoking' floor was the smokiest, smelliest non-smoking floor ever. The room was little better. Scratches on furniture, mirror hung crookedly, generally tired looking. See previous comments about chavs - they were roaming the halls and gym with tins of beer, several on my floor were having parties in their rooms late into the night. The next morning the hall way was littered in left over food that was dropped by room service on clearing trays and other debris. Nice.

Tips - this hotel does not have enough parking for all the guests. There is a $6 overnight parking next door on Elm Street that I ended up using when the lot was full.
Wifi free in reception. If you pay cash like me rather than leave a credit card, they will ask for $250 - pretty high and apparently to ensure there is no smoking in the allegedly non smoking rooms.

Delta Chelsea has never been great but it's in a good spot and I suppose all this being said I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo