Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
$180
$169
Orbitz.com
7,057 results
All reviewsmarket gardenadult poolfamily poolhuge hoteleaton centrebusy hotelyonge streetmarch breakcentral locationheart of downtowncn towergerrardsubwayconcierge
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Stayed at the Delta Chelsea for 3 nights to visit family. Location is excellent --- if you're interested in being in the very centre of downtown Toronto, which was good for us. Very convenient public transit (subway, etc.).

This is a large, busy hotel which seems to do a brisk business but appears to be quite capable of handling it all. The room was very comfortable. I could quibble and say the bathroom was a bit small and the TV a bit dated (not flat screen HD), but these weren't prohibitive problems.

The one MAJOR complaint I had is no wireless internet. I now travel with an iTouch, so must rely on wireless capability. Delta offered wired connectivity, but this left me essentially without access for 3 days. (There is an expensive business centre downstairs; I would not pay those prices.) This was VERY disappointing.

Other than that, a very comfortable stay at a reasonable price. Would likely stay there again if circumstances so warranted.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
TorontoJon, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

We were very pleased to read your review. Thank you for your feedback. I would like to add that we have free Wi-fi in our Lobby and restaurants, and many guests do use their IPhones/IPads and Laptops in these locations.

Thanks again,

Reviewed September 4, 2010

We found the Delta Chelsea to be an excellent value with a very professional and courteous staff. Our room was quiet and very clean. We had one complaint, but it was taken care of immediately and to our satisfaction. Location can't be beat. I'd recommend it.

-JB, Florida

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. I was sorry to see that you had a complaint while staying with us, but was releived to see that (whatever it was) was handled to your satisfaction.

Thanks again,

Reviewed September 2, 2010

The Delta Chelsea is in a good location in the city however the hotel itself was nothing to write home about.

After spending 9 hours on a plane after been delay for 3 hours on top of that (damn ash cloud) we checked into the hotel, half asleep I handed the desk clerk my debit card by mistake who proceeded to announce to the 20 others waiting behind me that my card was declined, simple mistake on both our parts but I dont think the whole hotel had to know about it.

The staff in the Monarchs bar were more interested in the stanley cup match than the clients, and while we sat at the bar, cash was demanded each time we ordered a drink despite clients either side of us running tabs.

The staff in the other bar, the much quieter elm street lounge were much more attentive, friendly and quite happy to run a tab.

Broadband was poor which is a shame for a hotel of its size & location.

I would look for a different hotel in Toronto the next time

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

I am terrible sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Rest assured that we do take this feedback very seriously and I promise that we are actibg on your suggestions.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you need anything in the future.

Reviewed August 31, 2010

We often stay at the Delta Hotels in Ontario and needed to go to the consulate downtown Toronto early this morning. We are a family of six. Called the Delta to ask for a room and that we would bring sleeping bags for our 3rd and 4th child. They would not accomodate us and the best they could do was give us a family room for 300 dollars or rent us two double rooms for 150 each. On top of that parking is 32 dollars.
We are honest people who would not sneak our children in. When calling hotels we always tell them of our numbers and see what they say. We also talked to the manager who was not helpful. Felt rather discriminated against. We located another hotel close by which worked out just fine with one room.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank lucilleOntarioCanada

Dear Valued Guest,

I am deeply sorry that we were not able to find suitable accomodation for you and your family. We unfortunately have to set occupancy limits on our rooms to ensure that all of our guests are safe in their room.

On your next visit to Toronto, please do feel free to contact me persnally and I promise to do my best to ensure you and your family are well looked after.

Reviewed August 31, 2010

I was excited when I booked my reservation at the Delta Chelsea in Toronto. I had fine memories of staying there about 10 years ago and it is in a wonderful location. When I checked-in at about 6 pm, the desk clerk could not find my reservation. I produced a copy of my confirmation number for a two night stay. The desk clerk found my reservation but said that they did not have a room with two double beds for both nights and that I would have to switch rooms for the second night. I said that we were traveling with small children and a lot of stuff and this would be inconvenient. I offered to take a room with one King bed and she said that she did not have a room with a king bed I could stay in two nights!?! I asked why the hotel accepted my reservation for two nights if they could not accommodate me and she said something about "(Our partner site) does this to people all the time..." I asked if the room change could be done automatically, and she said that we would have to check out, come down to the front desk and check-in again. She said that for $15 dollars extra they would "upgrade" us and we could stay in the same room both nights. Out of frustration I agreed.

The actions of the hotel feel fraudulent and like a clear bait and switch. I have never heard of having to pay for an upgrade after the hotel and their booking partners cannot communicate effectively about the rooms that are available on a given night. This was not my error and I had to pay for it. The total cost that I paid for a mediocre “upgraded" room could have bought me a much more pleasant experience at a number of other hotels within walking distance.

I would not suggest staying at the Delta Chelsea in Toronto.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

This is not at all the experience we hope our guests encounter. Nor is it the way we conduct our business. I am terribly sorry that this was your experience. I have not encountered a complaint of this nature in the past.

We are reviewing your complaint to ensure that it does not repeat itself.

I invite you to contact me directly, should you need anything in the future.