“Loved it, would definitely recommend it”

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #61 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
london
“Loved it, would definitely recommend it”
Reviewed November 6, 2006

Lovely hotel, i was upgraded FREE to Deluxe room just because I asked for it and the receptionist said "of course for free"!!!!

Also the buffett breakfast was delicious the room was so spacious, comfy and all..

Only thing is although it was deluxe it had no fridge!!!!

Location to everywhere is convienent.

Staff were friendly too

• Liked — Room, location and lovely staff
  • Disliked — No fridge in room
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for an upgrade (you never know you may get it)
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank missfendiuk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
england
Reviewed November 1, 2006

we spent 4 days at the Delta Chelsea in early October, the hotel staff were very helpful the rooms are clean and decorated very well, and the location is very good.

you get a great view from the roof bar, a must a night.

if you are looking for a hotel in toronto look no further.

Stayed October 2006
3 Thank ladyluck1111
Edmonton
Reviewed October 22, 2006

Stayed in a non-smoking Delta king bed room on the 20th floor. Room was small, but very clean, bathroom was nice, water pressure is good, even when people in the next room were using their water at the same time. Our room had a balcony facing Yonge St, so it was a little noisy at times from the sirens. The staff was really nice and helpful.
Heated underground parking in the hotel was $23 a day, but you do get in/out privileges. Some of the parking spots were small, and the corners are very tight (we saw lots of scrapes on the parkade rails and walls).
Internet (wired) is $11.95 per day, but being techies, we wouldn't call it high speed. Good enough to check email, but it was so slow when we used it to search for attraction locations and directions.
Unfortunately, the hotel is still "upgrading" their cable service, so we only had 30 channels, and 5 of them weren't watchable. A co-worker in a room on the 7th floor had 50 channels, and another co-worker was like us - only 30.
Overall, a great place to stay because the rooms were clean, staff was friendly and helpful, many attractions and great restaurants are walking distance from the hotel.

• Liked — location - close to attractions and restaurants
  • Disliked — small room, slow internet
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank hooverbunny
Altrincham, Cheshire, England
Reviewed October 18, 2006

In Toronto for holiday. Stayed 1 night in Delta Chelsea then drove down to Niagara for a couple of nights and then back to Delta Chelsea for 3 nights. First time in Canada and loved it. The hotel was very big and busy (didn't know before hand but the aids conference was on at the time!) but the service was still very good. We were on the 22nd floor but the lifts were quick. The breakfast was fantastic. Ate in the market place one night for a quick pizza which was ok as it had been a long day and we wanted something quick to eat. (Although it really annoyed me that I couldn't take a bottle of beer bought in the market place back to my room.) Ate in the restaurant which had a nice (relatively) expensive menu for adults but the childrens menu was unbelievably rubbish e.g. peanut butter & jelly sandwhich!! Maybe children do not normally eat in the restaurant but we ended up ordering a meal off the adult menu. Rooms are not big but are fine (2 adults plus 1 child) Request refurbished room. Overall very Good. (ps Slide in swimming Pool was great.) Location good.

• Liked — Large choice of restaurants and good location for Eaton centre / subway
  • Disliked — Couldn't take beer bought in market place to room!!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank Swiftly
stonington connecticut
Reviewed October 14, 2006

Attended a conference in Toronto - discounted rooms for conference attendees were available at the King Edward - a high-end historic hotel - the type of hotel I usually frequent . Based on reviews from Tripadvisor, I passed on the King Edward (the $30.00 breakfast troubled me) I booked a deluxe room at the Delta Chelsea instead. Wow - the room was 167.00 and similar to rooms in New York that I have spent 450.00 per night at. Very comfortable bed, modern, clean, gorgeous bathroom. Discovered that I had left my cell phone charger at the airport during security check - called housekeeping, they told me to come down to their office - two members of the housekeeping staff personally assisted me in finding a charger from the Lost-and-Found that would fit my Verizon phone. Nice, quick, inexpensive restaurant for breakfast. This is a big hotel, but the elevators are fast and I never waited more than 60 seconds - great treadmills in the fitness center on the upper floor. I am in Toronto three or four times a year - generally stay at the Suttton Place Hotel which is quite nice - but not nearly as nice a room as a deluxe room at the Delta Chelsea - and the DC is much cheaper. I have a new favorite hotel in Toronto - I'll be back at the Delta Chelsea

8 Thank DrGrandDad
Antrim
Reviewed October 12, 2006

The Delta Chelsea is ideally situated for sightseeing in Toronto. The hotel is extremely comfortable and offers a wide variety of restaurants (five all together) so we were spoilt for choice! The rooms were very comfortable, and the staff more than helpful. A great place to stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Shabby Balconies
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
1 Thank brad2103
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2006

My partner and I stayed here from Oct 8 to Oct 9, 2006.

It was our anniversary, and we decided to do something special, so I did a little searching on hotwire, and I clicked on '3 1/2 star hotel in Downtown Toronto', and I got the delta chelsea for $82.00.

Upon check-in, I was offered an upgrade for $40.00 to signature club, and I decided to accept it, because of what I've heard about some of the standard rooms on here. I was also asked if it was a special occasion.

I was sent to room 2468, and the decor was amazing, and VERY clean. Unfortunately, my partner was running behind, so I went up to the lounge to have some snacks, which were very good.

Later that afternoon, I decided to go for a swim, and I went down to the family pool, which has an amazing waterslide, which can be used by all, even adults! Adults may find the family pool to be noisy, and if you are looking for a quiet swim, then the deck 27 pool, up on the top floor, is the place to be, and it is VERY quiet, as it is restricted to guests 19 and older.

When I returned to the room, sparkling wine and chocolate strawberries magically appeared on the table, with a little card congratulating us on our anniversary.

The bed was quite comfortable, but I still prefer the beds at the sheraton, but the service at the sheraton isn't NEARLY as good.

We had an amazing stay here, and we are looking forward to returning. We were treated like any guest, despite the fact that we booked on hotwire.

• Liked — The amazing service
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Tips/Secrets — On some nights, you may be offered an upgrade to signature club for very little, if you are, TAKE IT!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple