Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
$158
$150
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
$275
$129
$265
Orbitz.com
6,978 results
All reviewsmarket gardenadult poolfamily poolhuge hoteleaton centrebusy hotelyonge streetmarch breakcentral locationheart of downtowncn towergerrardsubwayconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I stayed at the Delta Chelsea in July 2009 with my husband, 14-year-old niece and 2-year-old daughter. I forgot to check the reviews for this hotel before making my reservations, so I must say I felt a bit worried when I saw all of its bad reviews. Well, after seeing my room, I was quite relieved. It was consistent with 3.5-star hotel standards and very clean. The hotel provides luxurious June Jacobs bath products. The bed offered firm support, and the pillows were big and fluffy – I found these OK, but my husband hated them. I suppose this is a personal thing. I signed up beforehand for the Privilege Delta Program (free on the Delta Website), as recommended in other reviews, but upon our arrival at the hotel at 11 pm, there was no one at the Privilege desk, so we had to stand in line with everybody else at the reception desk, which was actually quite quick, anyway. (I must mention however that when we left on the next day, there were two people attending the Privilege desk, which had no waiting line, and a long waiting line at the regular Reception desk.) I had read on the Delta Website that Privilege members get later check-out times, but I had to ask for this when I checked in, and was given a 1-pm check-out time instead of 11-am. The price I paid included a $25 credit at the hotel’s restaurants, which include a cafeteria. With our $25, we were only able to buy two $8 wrap-style ham sandwiches, which were OK, and two $4 orange juices at the cafeteria. Fortunately, the juice was freshly squeezed and excellent. If you are looking for a hotel downtown, from walking distance to everything, this is a good choice. However, precisely because it is downtown, its surroundings are very noisy at night, with loud music and car noises, which we could hear from our room’s window on the 15th floor. In hindsight, I think we would have preferred a hotel outside of downtown Toronto, with a little more peace and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2009

My wife and I along with our 10 yr. old son stayed at the Delta Chelsea for 4 nights to see the sites and take in a couple of Jays games. We found our stay very nice. Prior to going, I joined the Delta's advantage, upon our arrival we had priority check-in and were given a complimentary upgrade. The room was on the small side but adequate for our families needs. My son enjoyed the family pool with it's 150 ft. water slide and he utilized the game room with it. We ate breakfast at the market restaurant in the hotel, though very good, it was a bit on the expensive side. We found a Golden Griddle restaurant just around the corner, on Carlton St., across from the old Maple Leaf Gardens, that gave you a good meal at a good price. The hotels location was ideal, close to alot of restaurants, with easy access to the subway. All in all a great stay in a fun city.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank ksl64
Reviewed August 2, 2009

I have been up twice this month for different occasions. Both times were great. got a room with a package deal that included parking and food credit. they upgraded my room both times. rooms were large enough, bathrooms nice, great views. they accidentally put parking charges on room but when i said something they took away the charge and paid for my valet charges,
food at restaurants is adequate for quick bite.
Location is amazing. so much going on near by every weekend, as well as close to subway.
adult pool is nice touch. keeps kids away.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2009

after hearing some negative reviews from some people booking through certain website which we did i was a bit skeptical. when we arrived out at the hotel our room wasnt ready so the apparently upgraded us to a better room which possibly made our stay alot better. the room was kinda small but was very good, clean and acceptable. we only stayed one night but we had no problems besides a false fire alarm that occured in the evening and the beeping in our room for 20 minutes was kinda annoying.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2009

We really enjoyed our stay at the Delta Chelsea during the Toronto Indy. We were assigned a corner room on a high floor and could see the tip of the CN Tower. There was definitely a 'buzz' around the hotel lobby but things were moving along well. Great location, near the Eaton Centre and Canon Theatre. Will return to this great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple