Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
$531
$119
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
$211
Agoda.com
$1,139
TripAdvisor
6,980 results
All reviewsmarket gardenadult poolfamily poolhuge hoteleaton centrebusy hotelyonge streetmarch breakcentral locationheart of downtowncn towergerrardsubwayconcierge
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
London, UK
Reviewed March 22, 2005

I was at the Delta Chelsea last week as well. Friendly Staff and amazing customer service!! It was quite busy and plenty of kids running around. I believe that the reason for this was that it was March/Spring Break and every parent in and out of the city and their kids were booked in that hotel. Since they have an indoor waterslide....that would explain it. I stay there on business a lot and it can be quiet a lot of times. Overall it's a hotel that I would come back to. Never boring!!

• Stayed: March 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 22, 2005

Our stay at the Delta Chelsea was ok except for the fact that when we arrived we were instructed to go around back because we couldn't park underground because we have a mini van. The Valet parking attendant said that there was no problem with the underground parking . After searching the entire lot there was nothing available and by the time we got above ground our van was over heating. My husband went in and complained and was told that there were lots around the hotel that we could use and that they would deduct the automatic parking fee from our bill. There was no apology.

6  Thank j-nine1968
Reviewed March 19, 2005

Just got back from 3 days at the Delta Chelsea. Pretty good overall: Good location, central to downtown Toronto, within reasonable walking distance to theatres, arena, CN Tower, etc. The room was all ready for us when we arrived at 2pm and all the staff were quite friendly. The room was average size and clean. There was a fair amount of street noise (we were on the 18th floor) but that can be expected when staying in the midst of any big city.

The only thing that really amazed me was how BUSY it was. I have stayed in hotels at some of the world's most popular tourist destinations and have never seen the kind of wild circus that was the Delta Chelsea's lobby every single day. There were kids running everywhere and massive line-ups at the checkout desk. The elevator area was a crush of humanity and the elevators were always packed. We didn't even bother checking out the pool, there was just such a huge crowd everywhere.

In summary, DO stay at the Delta Chelsea if you want good value at a decent, family friendly hotel in central Toronto. DON'T stay at the Delta Chelsea if you are seeking a quiet relaxing stay, the crowds may drive you insane. I would have given it 4 out of 5 if the craziness of the lobby had been a little less.

16  Thank MrJackson
Reviewed March 8, 2005

Upon arrival into the lobby, you certainly feel like your in for something more than you actually get! All staff here are the most friendly I've had the pleasure of dealing with, courtious and smiling, they are ready to help with whatever they can. However, that seems to end once you cram yourself into the elevator and open the room door.

The rooms are certainly in need of a major overhaul, and I think the cleaning staff can use some tips on what they are supposed to accomplish. Our room, albeit non-smoking, reeked of smoke from other rooms/floors, the beds left me and my partner stiff and sore, and the size of the rooms are something you'd certainly see in a small London hotel. The location is great and the pool is relaxing, but I would recommend looking around, you can certainly find a much cleaner and better hotel for an extra $20 or so.

• Stayed: January 2005
6  Thank kdscott
Reviewed February 22, 2005

We got a deal at $99 in October 2004. Great location right in downtown. Pool was very nice, a little small but that's pretty standard. Nice hot tub too.

We actually ended up upgrading to a better suite which ended up being like $135 or something. It was on some special floor and had turn-down service and a few other things. Not worth it at all. If you can get into this hotel for $99 or anything else which is cheap, stay here, it's pretty nice. But don't bother upgrading at all to a better suite, it's not much difference.

10  Thank dgrant