“Perfect "DownTown" Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #58 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Timmins, Ontario
“Perfect "DownTown" Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Great if you want to be close to the action and scenery of DownTown Toronto...Close to restaurants soo many to choose from...Some great Breakfast places close by and coffee spots, can easily walk to the CN tower, and near shopping of course, one door gets you straight onto Yonge St. and that is where you want to be :) Great service and they even have an onsite restaurant and gift shop, there is also a convenience store right across the street and a grocery store within walking distance. So all I can really say is Location Location Location :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Compassrosa475,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay. Our location is great for those wishing to be very centrally located in the down town core and close to all major attractions. We also partner with many of these attractions and shops. We have just re-launched our Show Your Key and Save program just in time for summer. Be sure to see our Facebook or webpage for details. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Eaton Chelsea Toronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kingston, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times as the former Delta Chelsea because of the convenient location and good value but the hotel was getting tired, cleanliness and noise were frequent issues. BUT NO LONGER! I was impressed with the improvements that have been made; from renovations to cleaner rooms, improved service and less noise in the corridors. The great location and value remain making it much better for family or business stays. They still need to work on the food served in the Market Garden: the service is slow and the food was disappointing.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear 809anonymous,

Thank you for your review. We are very delighted to learn of your enjoyable stay and the improvements you have noticed since your last stay. We are continually upgraded areas of the hotel and different aspects of our business. Market Garden is one area that we continue to change and update based on our guests feedback, wants and needs. We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Loved our stay here. We stayed here because my son was going to sick kids. They gave us a patient rate and were really great with the kids. The rooms were dated yes but everything else made up for that. Really fun kids zone as well, from swimming to crafts. It was great fun.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Northbound2011,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased to learn of your enjoyable experience while you were here with us. I am pleased that you were able to get the hospital rate and had time to take advantage of the Family Fun Zone. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to welcome you back in the future.

London, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

I have stayed here many times, both before and since the switch to 'Eaton'. I've had a number of quality concerns such as the fact there always seems to be 2 or 3 elevators not functioning and the seemingly constant construction noise, but my last stay was particularly frustrating. As the balconies are under construction, the doors to them don't open. I was in a room with no functioning window AND the door sealed shut. The room was very hot and humid. I called on the 2nd night of my stay to complain and told there was no functioning A/C and no fans available. I then spoke with the front desk on the third day of my stay about this and told that I couldn't move, since there was no guarantee of another room being better and that they would 'try' and find me a fan. I left it with them, only to have another steamy night that night. While the bed was comfortable, the heat and humidity lead to poor sleep. While I like this hotel's location and gym and adults pool, the lack of attention (and seeming lack of CARE) to the most important part... SLEEP means I will not be back any time soon.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank PJ7500

Travelers are raving about these Toronto hotels

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

The hotel is pretty old. They are doing a lot of renovations. We had a renovated room, which was pretty nice, not outstanding. Make sure you request a renovated room, it sounds like the old rooms can be pretty bad. They have a good fitness center, and two separate pools for kids and adults. In the kids pool, they have a main pool, and a big hot tub above it where you can watch the kids from. They also have a water slide, which unfortunately was only open on certain days for certain hours, and was not open while we stayed. The food is pretty good. Breakfast is cafeteria, but would prefer a normal buffet. Overall, nice hotel, nice location - close to downtown, subway, Eaton center. I recommend this place if you can get a renovated room.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a new renovated room!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Brad P,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to learn of your experience at the hotel and pleased that you enjoyed your time. During future visits, we recommend checking out the Breakfast Buffet in BB33 and you will not be disappointed. Thank you once again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kingston, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Never again. Bad night of sleep due to road noise on 16th floor. When asked for new room, the system was down so couldn't help. Now standing in line hoping to get a different room. For a supposed luxury hotel doing system update during business hours and having rooms that are very outdated...... I will be looking for a different place to stay next time I'm in downtown Toronto

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Kingston_Traveller05
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that the street level noise was causing a disturbance to your during your stay. I understand the one of managers connected with you and was able to move you to an upgraded room at no extra cost. Our location is very central and located in the heart of the city. I certainly understand that the level of noise is sometimes not expected from those guest not familiar with staying in a downtown location. I hope that you will consider us again when visiting Toronto.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband was having day surgery at Toronto General Hospital and being as we were from Winnipeg we were required to stay for 3 nights in Toronto as a precaution. The hospital staff recommended the Eaton Chelsea as it was within walking distance to the hospital. I found the room rates a little pricey but this is Toronto... and nothing is cheap in Toronto.

This hotel is located in a fantastic area. You have a Shoppers Drug Mart, Sobeys, the Eaton Centre, tons of restaurants, etc all within very close walking distance. I was able to load up on groceries at Sobeys and put them in our refridgerator (this was requested from the hotel and provided free of charge, our room did not come with one).

We did not have a renovated room so it was very dated (the wallpaper was peeling, etc) but overall it was a very clean room, comfortable bed, great water pressure, nice flat screen TV, and free Wifi. The bummer for us was that we were confined to the room a lot as my husband was recovering from his surgery so we were kind of bored but the free Wifi definitely helped with that issue. It would have been nice to be able to sit on the balcony but this was closed for repairs. We hadn't known going in that we would even have a balcony so it wasn't hugely upsetting for us.

The hotel has numerous restaurants attached and surrounding it outside so you will not be at a loss for places to eat. To save money we just bought groceries at Sobeys so unfortunately I cannot comment on the food. The one disappointment I had regarding food was that the hotel was not able to provide us with a microwave in our room (we would have paid for this option if it had been available). We would have really have liked to be able to heat our groceries but we made do and didn't let it affect our trip.

Overall, I would absolutely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated suite or if their balconies are under repair.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear HighwayGirl33,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us. We are delighted to learn of your enjoyable experiences and thank you for choosing us for your Toronto visit. Our location is paramount for the true shopper, as we are minuets away from Eaton Center Mall and other shopping area's such as YorkVille. During your next visit we encourage you to check out our Kitchenette suites as they come fully equipped with all the comforts of your kitchen at home. We look forward to your next visit and the opportunity to welcome you back.