“Great small gym but rest showing its age, but they're working on it....”

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #59 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great small gym but rest showing its age, but they're working on it....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

In general the hotel is good - it is showing it's age a little with rooms being rather dated, balconies out of use and everything just a bit old. But it was clean and comfortable with good desk to work at. WiFi was open, which is insecure and annoying but generally worked OK. Bed was clean and comfy and room serviced well daily.

The top floor gym is fairly small but really well equipped with good quality modern equipment - and it showed - really busy with a good buzz.

Location is great for downtown - the MTC is 30 mins brisk walk away or about 20 mins on the metro.

I'm going back to Toronto in September and will probably stay here again, mainly for the much better than average gym.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Mark D,

Thank you for choosing the Eaton Chelsea Toronto — and for reviewing your recent stay. We always love to hear feedback from guest and use this information to improve services and let staff know how they are doing. We are working towards updating many areas of the hotel and are excited to be planning the next phase of renovations.
It’s great to know you've found a hotel in Toronto that you feel confident returning to time and time again. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Eaton Chelsea Toronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Yorkshire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Well located for most of downtown (although required a subway ride to get to my conference at the convention centre); clean and well appointed rooms (I appreciated the retracting clothes line!). There Is building work going on next door but I was given a room on 14th floor well away from it, so this didn't bother me although air con is rather noisy. Check in took rather a long time but I was early and staff were friendly. Hotel is enormous and hence has a rather impersonal feel, but otherwise a good stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ammefellow,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay. We are pleased that you stay was most enjoyable. We are sorry to learn that you found the atmosphere of the hotel impersonal and assure you that this is not our intention. I have shared this feedback with the staff for review. I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stayed in April for my Mom's 65th Birthday - a chance to get away for the weekend from Mississauga to the BIG CITY! We picked the hotel as it had a pool for our 4 year old son to enjoy too. He had a blast, the pool and children's centre were great. The rooms were clean - some a little dated, but for the price, you can't go wrong - right in the centre of the city with easy access to attractions and dining. The staff were what really made the stay - everyone from the valet to the room attendants - always pleasant and helpful. Even the Robot in the lobby was a unique experience as was the children's special check-in area. Wouldn't hesitate to return.

Dear mehrotra2011,

We are so delighted that you chose a stay-cation at our hotel, and thank you for providing feedback from your experience. Our unique family fun zone with the cork-screw water slide is a favorite feature among many of our guest and we are glad you enjoyed it. You can catch EC (the Chelsea robot) in the lobby on many of our weekends!

We hope to welcome you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

This was a business family combined trip,and we had a great stay I especially would like to thank the family pool staff for being so understanding while I struggled with my prosthetic leg when the pool was closing. This has never happened at spool before and my daughter was mortified when I couldn't get it on but the young man who was cleaning up the area told us not to hurry. The check in was fast and courteous even though the Hotel was very busy,professional and friendly staff always a make a difference.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Ticon2005,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are delighted to learn of your enjoyable experience. I am pleased with the encounter you had with our staff on the pool deck and that they provided a comfortable environment for you and your family to enjoy some fun on your business trip. I have shared your comments with the team for review. We hope that we can welcome you and your family back again soon!

Chartley, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

This well appointed hotel has a great vibrancy. Met all expectations. Front desk gave great dinner recommendation. Long wait at check out was circumvented by attentive manager on floor who answered our question and got us on our way.

Dear EuropeinFebruary,

Thank you for choosing the Eaton Chelsea Toronto — and for reviewing your recent stay. We always love to hear from first-time guests, and it’s great to know you've found a hotel in Toronto that you feel confident returning to time and time again. Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to assist in planning your next stay.

Inverary, Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I booked this hotel for a trip to Toronto for my 13-year old son's birthday and to go to the Aquarium. We booked it because of the waterslide and hottub and location. The location was perfect, but when we arrived on Sunday afternoon, the waterslide was closed and never opened during our stay there. The hottub broke down while my son was sitting in it and the staff didn't seem to be too concerned that it wasn't working.

Our room was very small and considering it was called a "deluxe family room", I was surprised. The room faced a wall, the wallpaper was peeling and there wasn't even a fridge. We asked about moving to a room with a better view and the desk clerk said it would be on a lower floor and would be $35 more. Considering I had already paid $190 I was not prepared to do that.

I did not want to complain while we were there and ruin my son's birthday trip so I sent an email to them and they have never responded.

Like I said, disappointed!

Room Tip: I suspect there are some rooms that have been renovated recently. Ask for one of them!
2 Thank agsloan
Dear Agsloan,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the multiple issues you experienced during your stay. I have forwarded your comments to our Front Office Manager and Rooms Director as what you described is disappointing and not up to the standard of our hotel. We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback and bringing these issues to our attention.

Eaton Chelsea Toronto

Travelers are raving about these Toronto hotels

Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

This property is not 5 star luxury, but it does not pretend to be. It is all about value and in that regards it does n excellent job. A solid 3 star plus, the rooms were clean as a pin, good amenities and the bed was one of the best I have slept on....quite a statement when compared to the Sheraton's and Continentals that I had slept in this week. Very quiet on my floor as well. Check in was painless with ample staff on the front desk to handle this very busy hotel. VERY well located in Central Toronto (just north of Eaton Centre and almost on top of public transit) you can get to any attraction for the ost of a subway token. Really enjoyed this place. Good quality, fair price, great location....for me that (and hot water for the shower, which had plenty) is all I ever need.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Late-Day-Traveller
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Late-Day-Traveler,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to learn of your enjoyable stay with us, and found great value throughout the hotels amenities, restaurants, and room offerings. You can always trust that you will have a great sleep on our signature EZZZ Bed! I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back soon!