“My Stay at the Eatonn Chelsea”

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #60 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Sudbury, Ontario
“My Stay at the Eatonn Chelsea”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My overall stay went well. Just on my last stay on April 7th, I was in room 1030 and I had construction above my head, and it was over the top loud. And then not as bad, it's just because I had to put up with he construction above I was irritated and that one didn't quit. It was my worse stay in the past 10 yrs.

Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Lulu985,

I am very sorry for your the disappointment you experienced during your last stay. I apologize for any inconveniences the construction caused you, and have shared your comments with our renovations and management team. I hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Eaton Chelsea Toronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Courtice, Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2014

When staying in the great City of Toronto, despite a comedian named Ford, there is only one place to consider, and its a place you can certainly afford. Eaton Chelsea is smack dab in the middle, of everything to do and to see, downtown is exploding around you, and walking is healthy and free. The staff at Eaton Chelsea are happy, always friendly and ready to please, the rooms are nicely appointed and the linen is soft on your knees. Great restaurants surround the hotel, its really quite difficult to choose, and the fitness centre up in the penthouse, is perfect after your snooze. No other hotel can boast that they have entrances on Bay and on Yonge, I promise your stay at Eaton Chelsea will be stress free, exciting and fun. Just keep the TV turned off and avoid hearing Mayor Ford during your stay, Eaton Chelsea will entertain you... until we enjoy election day.
Thank you Eaton Chelsea for raising the bar and allowing our income to enjoy 5 Star.

Room Tip: The Honeymoon Suites are spectacular with surround shower and kitchenette, and really quite affordab...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank KVS1963
Dear KVS1963,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback from your stays at The Eaton Chelsea Toronto. We are delighted to learn of your memorable experiences you continue to have while staying with us. We thank you for your patronage and hope to welcome you back again and again!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This hotel has changed ownership since my last stay a year ago and has undergone renovations, much of which, is yet to be completed. Like the last trip, this one was with a conference group so my review here will reflect many of the other comments made as well as mine. My room was located right off the elevator which meant I was in the highest traffic area on that floor. The hotel is always very busy and the constant sound of the elevator and people became irritating. The room was also uncomfortably warm and there was no way to adjust the heat. Even opening the sliding door to the balcony wide made little difference. I literally slept on top of the sheets. Because of the time of the year, I was told the central air conditioning had yet to be turned on. This complaint was universal among the other people staying with the conference. Several complained and were offered different rooms but it did not appear to help. Toronto is a busy noisy city, at best, but my room looked out over a part of the building which was under construction. Being awakened at 5:30 Am to the sound of machinery, clanging and a variety of other construction noises did not make for a great start to a busy day. Other than that, the room was clean and the bed very comfortable but I certainly would not want to stay here again if there was a choice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear jafeica,

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the issues and frustrations you encountered during your stay with us. I am very disappointed to hear that your stay was not perfect. Your review has been shared with our Director of Rooms for review. Our #1 priority is customer service and we regret that we failed to meet your expectations. I hope that you we will have another opportunity to welcome you back for a much better experience.

Eaton Chelsea Toronto

Travelers are raving about these Toronto hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We started by waiting in line for over 39 min to check in... Followed by closed pool, closes water slide, our room was over 30 degrees and they refused to let us open a window and brought us a laughable desk fan... My son is diabetic and they didn't care that he would be sweating all night and could have a medical emergency... Never ever Ever EVER stay here... I would have been more comfortable in my car

• Stayed April 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Great location easy walking from most attractions, lovely clean hotel, very comfortable stay, the restaurants had a nice variety of food. The staff were very helpful, and you could book attractions from the hotel lobby, which made it easier as you got to the front of queues.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Debbiecox04,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to learn of your enjoyable experience at the hotel. We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Grand Island, New York
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I have never left a review before, but felt I needed to warn anyone who is expecting to actually use the water slide. Apparently, it is only open on Friday evenings through Sunday morning. As we arrived today and are staying til Tuesday we won't be using it. This is one of the major reasons we booked this hotel vs another (and paying twice as much). The pool is not heated and after reading some other reviews just now, I am regretful for having booked our stay here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Melanie K
Dear Chubbacoo,

Thank you for providing feedback from your recent stay. I apologize that the waterslide was not open during your stay. We have indicated on our website that guests should call the hotel for details about the waterslide and for its hours of operations. The slide is operated on seasonal basis. Your feedback has been shared with our recreation director. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

While this average hotel is well-located and clean (perfect for a quick stay in downtown toronto) we were extremely unimpressed with the unfriendly and unwelcoming reception staff. At check- out, which was at 11am Sunday, it was impossible to get near the front desk due to an extremely high volume of guests leaving. Should the hotel not be more equipped to handle so many guests checking out all at once? We had to come back later and then we were refused payment as promised on two separate credit cards. They were simply not willing to accommodate nor were they interested in our frustrations about the long check-out lines. Furthermore, the halls were extremely noisy at night - more like at 2-3am, loud voices could be heard in the halls outside our door. Lastly, the breakfast was incredibly overpriced. Just under $9 for a bagel and coffee. They seem to charge for the little jams and cream cheese! Not impressed! Not my first choice of hotels if I had to return to downtown Toronto.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Alexandra252014
Dear Alexandra252014,

Thank you for the feedback. I apologize for the level of service provided by our front desk staff. I would like to assure you that this is not the level of service that we are known for. I have passed your comments to our Front Desk manager for review. Please contact our billing department at estor.comments@eatonhotels.com should you wish to rectify the bill on 2 separate credit cards. We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.