Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
$320
$310
Travelocity
7,051 results
All reviewsmarket gardenadult poolfamily poolhuge hoteleaton centrebusy hotelyonge streetmarch breakcentral locationheart of downtowncn towergerrardsubwayconcierge
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We live in Toronto, but found ourselves at the Eaton Chelsea due to the ice storm and power outage. This was my first stay since the property became the Eaton Chelsea. Wow. The lobby is unbelievable, just a huge improvement. The multiple exits are incredibly convenient. The king bed and pillows were awesome. The bathrooms are not modern, but are clean and functional.

My understanding is that in addition to the storm bringing hundreds of unexpected guests, the hotel itself was short staffed. The lone bartender in this huge hotel was on his second consecutive shift, yet he was always one step ahead of anticipating our needs, and was a huge part of our enjoyable evening. This dedication was repeatedly demonstrated throughout our stay. Every staff member from front desk, concierge, housekeeping, managers and service staff was excellent. It's clearly apparent that guest experience is a top priority for the hotel.
We left feeling we underpaid for such an excellent experience that took place in a less than optimal situation.

While we hadn't anticipated this stay, we came away with such a great experience that we plan to return in the new year. The price, pet policy, location, comfy beds and excellent customer experience have made this my hotel of choice in downtown Toronto.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jen E
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear Jen E,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

I was thrilled to learn your stay with us was excellent, and we were able to accommodate you and your family during the citywide power outage. We are very happy your room was up to standards and you plan on staying with us again in the new year but under better circumstances.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Alistair

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed two nights with four children under 7 (two in their grandparents' room). Lobby was nicely decorated for Xmas and Santa Claus was there :) The children were greeted with a bag of bath toys and small books. Room and hallways were spotless, taps in bathtub were a little older but worked fine. Beds were comfortable, room was a bit small but average for downtown T.O. The kids' facilities were awesome, my kids had a great time in the playroom/ craft centre though it was right by the pool and very warm in there. Family pool was clean and well-maintained, lifejackets were provided which was handy for the little ones, and my eldest enjoyed the waterslide. A small billing issue was resolved with great customer service from front desk staff. All in all very satisfied and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in a room ending in -58 and there was a little noise from the elevator shaft, might want to avoid this one.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay. You can trust that this information is important to us and used to improve services. We are pleased that your overall experience was most enjoyable and the staff you encountered provided friendly service. We could not be happier you chose to stay with us during the holiday season.

Once again I would like to thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.

Alistair

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed at the Eaton Chelsea when we were in town to attend a company Christmas function. We found the location perfect for getting to and from the party and shopping. The room was quiet and the bed comfortable. However, we did not have breakfast at the hotel as we found even the simple items on the menu to be overpriced.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Londonjohnsons,

Thank you for the feedback from your most recent stay. We are pleased that our locations and services are well suited for your needs when visiting Toronto. I would like to apologize for the disappointment you felt with the prices on our breakfast menu, and will send your comments to our Food and Beverage Department. We look forward to your next visit and the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Spent a week here for a city break in Toronto as other reviewers have mentioned the rooms are tired looking and in need of massive refurbishment, i can appreciate that the hotel will be undergoing a huge update program and if the lobby is anything to go by it will be fabulous.
I had a corner room on the 19th Floor overlooking Yonge Street the room was clean well heated and the beds comfortable.
The hotel staff were polite and very helpful,the location is central and everything is within walking distance. I would stay here again after the refurb is completed. Did i enjoy my stay i can say i did, its not over the top in price to stay here and for a city hotel it ticks all the boxes.Look forward to returning to see what an updated Eaton Chelsea Hotel looks like.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Globalbum,

Thank you for posting you review on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to hear that you had an exceptional stay with us, and the lobby renovations were to your liking. We are planning to start renovations on our guest rooms in the new year and we are very excited to have them completed.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the new year and another great stay!

Alistair Innes

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed here on a weekend trip to Toronto, I must say I was quite satisfied with the hotel, we got an excellent price on Priceline for the room so no complaints on the price. The hotel lobby is big and bright and feels like it has been recently renovated.

Our room felt a bit tired but it was very clean, my only annoyance is that it was very far from the elevator and our balcony was closed for renovations, same with the pool, we hoped to go for a swim but it was closed for work which I find a bit unusual since it is family holiday season and a lot of families probably stay at the hotel. The kiddy pool on the 2nd floor had reserved hours for adults but that was not attractive to us.

Hotel offered underground parking with in and out for about $30/day which was reasonable. Overall I enjoyed my experience and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear geeteq,

Thank you for reviewing your stay and posting it on TripAdvisor. We are extremely pleased you received a good value and a great room rate for your stay with us. I would like to express my sincere apologies for the maintenance work and annual closure on our Deck 27. I regret any inconvenience or frustration that your experience has caused you.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Alistair Innes