“Good location and staff”

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #60 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed November 6, 2013

If you're heading to downtown Toronto, you can't go wrong here. Close to shopping, and several restaurants nearby. The lobby area is comfortable, with seating and a cafe, and very helpful staff. We stayed in a Club room, which offers a private room for breakfast and evening snacks on the 25 th floor. The room itself was in need of an upgrade, although the bed was comfortable. Outdated and a tired. The bathroom was very basic and also needs updating. Hopefully a cleanup in in the works

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Danymed,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your most recent stay. We are so pleased that we are your go to hotel when visiting Toronto and take advantage of our fantastic location! Renovation are in the works and are continuing throughout the hotel. We have most recently completed the lobby level and meeting floors. Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night so he could attend a very early hospital appointment. We received a special rate for this, plus half price parking - very nice. Room was spacious, reasonably modern, bed spotless and very comfortable. I liked that I could step out on to the balcony, although clearly renovations are in progress and needed. Furniture looked slightly worn but not excessively so. Lobby quite lovely, check in easy, staff friendly. The underground garage is a nightmare, and not even up to City of Toronto code. Limited lighting, filthy fire-retardant material on the low ceiling, miniscule parking spaces and VERY limited turning room. Poor signage to find elevators and exits. Much more work needed here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Madeleine C,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I can assure you that all of our facilities have passed inspection and are monitored. I have passed your feedback to our management team for review. I hope that we may welcome you back again soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Sean G

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed here at the Eaton Chelsea on sat Nov 2. I payed 139.99 plus tax and 39$ a day to park unlimited inn's and outs.
PROS: The hotel check in was great, done quickly, checked in at about 12pm. Front service was okay, nothing over the top. Parking was a little awkward, but I did not move my car out the whole time I was there. The lobby was nice, modern, filled with all kinds of people witch was nice. The Lobby has access to all different streets Gerard and Young out of the 1 main lobby. I seen restaurants and people but there but did not try for myself. Everything in the main lobby was clean and well kept. THE LOCATION was amazing really close to Eaton center and subways, 10$ cab ride to night life.
CONS: EXTREMELY SMALL ROOMS! ( like car barely bring a large suit case in, only 1 chair to sit on, not much room to walk around) I was on the 9th floor room 943 in the "red" section, and my room had a queen size bed, a small dresser a flat screen and a TINY bathroom that 2 ppl could barely fit it. The beds were comfy on the plus side BUT the heating sucked, my window was wide open and it was 2 degree's out, so it was feezing, the walls were thin and I could hear everything and my room has no balcony. Personally I did not stay in the hotel alot, as I went there for pleasure and night life, but any "family" type of stay or relaxation, this would not be the spot.
Generally I would recommend this place to a crowd of 18-28 year olds, and I would stay there again if i got an amazing deal.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rocsee0911

Dear Rocsee0911,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review of your stay. We are pleased that the hotel was well suited to your needs. I do apologize for the disappointment you felt towards the size of our guest rooms. We offer several different room categories with a variety of sizes and hope that we can better accommodate you on your next visit.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed at the Chelsea with 6 friends in 5 rooms. Hotel lobby is lovely and check-in was easy. Limo had dropped off our bags earlier and concierge was very efficient at getting them for us. Hotel could do with a bit of a spruce up. Wallpaper was starting to peel in my room and shower head, while functional, was coming apart. I found the bed a bit soft for my taste but others liked theirs. I couldn't seem to get the AC to work in my room so slept with the balcony door open a crack to let some air in (I like to sleep cold).

Nothing really special but a very reasonable stay with a great location for downtown.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Argy11669,

Thanks for your review. Pleased to know that your group enjoyed their stay and your check-in process was efficient. I do apologize for the difficulty you had with the heating/cooling unit in your guest room and for the inconvenience this caused throughout the night. I have noted this comment and passed it to our facilities team. We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

This place is fine. I've stayed here two times, the lobby is nice, the rooms are clean and contemporary. The central location is great and the staff are very friendly.

I paid 100 dollars for 1 room on a Saturday from Priceline.com. For that price the hotel is great. I can understand some people being upset if they paid 200 or so, as the fixtures in the washroom were old, and in need of replacement. But all in all the hotel is just fine if you get a good price.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Shaner790,

It is great to learn you had an overall enjoyable stay. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope you will come back and visit us soon and take advantage of our "shop and stay" rates and offers in the upcoming holiday season!

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Just spent one night at this hotel which was my second visit in two months. The reception area and restaurants have all been revamped and they are working through the room upgrades.

Not stayed in a refurbished room yet but the existing rooms are clean and well appointed though a little dated.

Will definitely stay again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Madasahammer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your most recent stays. We are pleased that your stays have been overall enjoyable. We hope that we can continue to welcome you back as a frequent guest and recommend joining the 1865 loyalty program if you are not already a member. The program will allow you to enjoy benefits and earn points. We look forward to your next visit.