“A bit tired but OK”

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #60 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed at the Chelsea with 6 friends in 5 rooms. Hotel lobby is lovely and check-in was easy. Limo had dropped off our bags earlier and concierge was very efficient at getting them for us. Hotel could do with a bit of a spruce up. Wallpaper was starting to peel in my room and shower head, while functional, was coming apart. I found the bed a bit soft for my taste but others liked theirs. I couldn't seem to get the AC to work in my room so slept with the balcony door open a crack to let some air in (I like to sleep cold).

Nothing really special but a very reasonable stay with a great location for downtown.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Argy11669,

Thanks for your review. Pleased to know that your group enjoyed their stay and your check-in process was efficient. I do apologize for the difficulty you had with the heating/cooling unit in your guest room and for the inconvenience this caused throughout the night. I have noted this comment and passed it to our facilities team. We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

This place is fine. I've stayed here two times, the lobby is nice, the rooms are clean and contemporary. The central location is great and the staff are very friendly.

I paid 100 dollars for 1 room on a Saturday from Priceline.com. For that price the hotel is great. I can understand some people being upset if they paid 200 or so, as the fixtures in the washroom were old, and in need of replacement. But all in all the hotel is just fine if you get a good price.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Shaner790,

It is great to learn you had an overall enjoyable stay. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope you will come back and visit us soon and take advantage of our "shop and stay" rates and offers in the upcoming holiday season!

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Just spent one night at this hotel which was my second visit in two months. The reception area and restaurants have all been revamped and they are working through the room upgrades.

Not stayed in a refurbished room yet but the existing rooms are clean and well appointed though a little dated.

Will definitely stay again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Madasahammer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your most recent stays. We are pleased that your stays have been overall enjoyable. We hope that we can continue to welcome you back as a frequent guest and recommend joining the 1865 loyalty program if you are not already a member. The program will allow you to enjoy benefits and earn points. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed here over the weekend of November 1, 2013. This was not my first stay with Delta hotels, however it was at this location. The staff were rude, the pool facilities are outdated and dirty and this hotel is most definitely not even close to being worth the money. My advise is to spend the extra money and stay at the Royal York as it is a paradise compared to this place. As well, should you decide to stay here, please be advised that they are very sensitive to any noise after midnight and that they have a policy which allows them to evict you from your room with no warning, charging you a $200 fine on your way out. Needless to say this was our situation. I understand that people are trying to sleep and it needs to be queit after a certain time, however putting someone out on the street is no way to treat a guest, charging them a fee of $200 dollars is no way to treat anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The hotel might once have been a really good one and if it was redone could be one again but in its present condition really deserves no more than an average.
We were three family members all with the same last name. Each family unit however booked separately as we were staying for varying lengths of time. Somehow the hotel managed to dump the reservations all together so that each couple had problems when checking in. There was no line up when we arrived but it still took us over 15 minutes to check in because of the mix up.
Our room was on the 19th floor and had two double beds. The beds were comfortable and the sheets were lovely. The first day I could say the same of the towels. The second day however, we got two sets of towels which looked like one was the poor cousin of the other. The one set was nice and new, clean and a pleasure to use. The second was so old that you could see through it. It was no longer white and would have made a good rag.
We also found that the hotel was noisy and the cafeteria had very little variety and was very overpriced.
The best thing about the hotel was that it was just a few meters away from the venue of the wedding we were all attending so that we didn't have to look for parking late at night.
It is doubtful if we would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Vdl2c,

Dear Joe R Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we take every comment seriously and use them to improve our product. I am sorry that your check in process was so displeasing to you and caused delays in your plans. I can assure you that this is not the level of service our front desk agents are aiming to provide. Your comments are important and will be shared with our management team to review our areas of biggest opportunity. I hope that we may welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

While a nice hotel, it has seen better days…The room wall paper was falling off. Liked that I was able to open balcony door and get fresh air. Location just a few blocks to the Eaton Cnetre. Staff were very helpful and answered all questions.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Nicole B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased that the location of the hotel was beneficial for your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Just stayed at the Eaton Chelsea for 2 days. First let me say the location is central to many attractions, and transportation routes. I stay in Toronto for business a few times a year, and this was my first and last time at this hotel. Entering the hotel, you expect the rest of the floors to reflect the main. Not so. I stayed on the 20th floor. Room was old, bathroom old, and dirty. The tub was dirty, and stained with rust. There was also no exhaust fan. I am not really a picky person, BUT this is the first time in a hotel downtown that I have not been able to sleep due to outside noise which is constant. I realize where I am, but you should not be able to hear the noise from especially 20 floors above it. I am not sure if this is due to patio window not being very insulated or what, but it was horrible. I thought to put on the wall unit heating/cooling system to run and block out the noises from street, but the system's fan does not allow you to run it without having heat on. I was quite disappointed with my stay here as I was busy with conferences both days, and needed my sleep. Sorry for the poor review, but Eaton Chelsea, updates are needed in your guest rooms.

Room Tip: Stay away from 20th floor Delta Chelsea Deluxe facing Gerrad street