Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
$294
$232
  • Breakfast included
7,055 results
All reviewsmarket gardenadult poolfamily poolhuge hoteleaton centrebusy hotelyonge streetmarch breakcentral locationheart of downtowncn towergerrardsubwayconcierge
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Sad to say my room felt uncared for and tired. Wall paper coming away at the seams, broken tiles, and really bad caulking. Windows are disgusting and bath room has stray hairs that aren't ours. The delta in Newfoundland was fantastic and so spotless one might be tempted to go with the 5 second rule but sadly let down in Toronto.
Want to add that the 3 staff I have interacted with were nice and polite. The lovely Angelica that checked us in was the best part of the trip :0) so nice to have such a nice person after a gruelling day traveling with duelling teenagers (no blood yet!).

• Stayed: July 2013
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Gobsmacked,

Thank you for taking some time to provide us with feedback. I apologize that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your exceptions, and I can certainly understand your disappointment. I would like to assure you that this is not a good representation of how we aim to provide for our guests. Your comments have been shared with our management team for review. I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back.

Eaton Chelsea Toronto

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Well the renamed Eaton Chelsea (old Delta Chelsea) is not what it used to be. The pub is closed on Sunday's but the check in clerk did not know that. There is no Hbo. The rooms are dingy. The parking is $30 a night. Outrageous. There used to be a happening buzz in this place but no more. Oh and no one asked about aeroplan points had to read about it on the website and ask them to credit me after. Will see if they do. Try the Sheraton next time.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear HeatherM,

Thank you for taking time to provide some comments regarding your stay at the Eaton Chelsea. I was sorry to hear that you did not find the hotel to be of the same standard on your last visit. You are correct, we currently do not offer HBO, but we never did have that option. I do apologize that you found the parking to be expensive, we have priced ourselves competitively for the surrounding lots and other hotels. We also have room rates which include parking and offers some savings. I am sad to know that when in Toronto you will be trying another hotel due to your experience at the Chelsea.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have stayed at the Chelsea Inn on many occasions but not recently. We like the location, so booked an over night stay as we were attending a concert. The hotel is dark and tired and well overdue for a refresh which we understand is about to take place. We were disappointed to find no safe and no refrigerator in the room even though we stayed in a Club Room. When we tried to use a safety box at reception it was difficult to get one that worked, persistence did pay off. The staff throughout the hotel were very professional and friendly. Wonder what the refurbishment is going to do to the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear SueH,

Thank you for your note. I apologize that during your stay you found the hotel to be dated and in need of an update. As you have stated it has been sometime since your last visit. I do encourage you to come a check out our new lobby and restaurants. We are continuing the updates throughout the hotel and we are excited for the completion of this project. As of July 1, 2013 we are no longer operating as the Delta Chelsea, we have been re-branded as the Eaton Chelsea Toronto. Our rates have not changed much and you can still expect the same level of service and the same familiar faces. We hope that you choose to visit the hotel soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed here for a conference back in March when it was still under the Delta ownership. With the opening of the newest Delta near the convention centre, I am not surprised that they got rid of this one. Location-wise, it is relatively convenient. It is close to the subway, shopping, and restaurants. It's not right in the financial district, but the subway station is a block away.

The room was adequate, but the price paid during conference time was overly expensive. I stayed there as well just outside of the conference time and the rate was almost half of that. But I find even the regular rate to be expensive. There are quite a few similar quality hotels in the area and I find them to be of better value.

The building is very dated and the restaurants, while ok, aren't anything memorable. They're basically something to eat if you're hungry. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, but the place just seemed dingy. It's in need of an update. I'd prefer something closer to the convention centre as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Topaz_bc,

Thank you for taking the time to write some comments. I apologize that your overall experience was nothing memorable and you found it to be over priced. As your stay was in March I would like to inform you that we have now started our renovation projects and most recently completed the lobby and market garden. We are now currently working on our first 2 floors and hope this project to be completed soon. I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back and experience the new look and restaurant.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed here for 9 nights from the 24th of June until the 3rd July. I stayed in an upgraded room on the 24th floor room 2483. Check in: The check in was quick, efficiant, and the member of staff was polite, friendly and explained what services the hotel had to offer. The room was very clean and had a great view from the balcony over looking downtown and the CN tower. There was at the time alot of work going on in the hotel but it was certainly not a bother. The location of this hotel is first class, easy walking distance for everything in the city. The concierge, especially kellylea, was just wonderful and had great knowledge of what to do and got things booked up for me, and was so professional, kind and warm with hotel guests. In the hotel there is a Monarchs bar... I have to say it was fantastic, Linda, who made my evenings, was truely fantastic and for a single traveller made sitting at the bar so comfortable. Other services on site are a washing machine and dryer, which was great for me, came home with nothing to do except unpack. Also on the 2nd floor was a swimming pool for children and a nice quiet area for sitting. On the 27th floor there is a pool and rather nice chill out area for adults. As I had upgraded my room i had access to the lounge on the 25th floor but have to say I never used it as was always out. The food at the hotel was lovely, but I ate out most nights as at the time the other eatery was out of action, but try the poutine, just ask Linda in monarchs bar! Over all I would stay here again, and need to say the staff Daniel, Sam, Linda, Laren and Brett really went the extra bit to make you feel so welcome, and I thank them greatly. Take note Eaton Chelsea!

Room Tip: Up grade if you can! I like nice clean surroundings even although I am not in my room through the day, it is nice to have comfortable surroundings to relax in. Also by upgrading your breakfast is included, or at least it was with me.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank KJM377

Dear KevinM,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on your experience. I am pleased that you enjoyed the room upgrade to the Club level and the staff and check-in process was quick and effective. We appropriate your comments about the several employees you had a personal connection with. I will ensure they are celebrated for a job well done. Thank you again for your comments, and we hope to see you again soon!

Eaton Chelsea Toronto