“It was work but I loved it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chelsea Hotel, Toronto

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #58 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
lancahire
“It was work but I loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Chelseawas undergoing some renovation work On my visit, but that did not detract from the standard of the hotel or my room. Breakfast was available from 6.30am which suited my work to 'T'. The service from every staff member I came in contact with was of the highest standard and with just the right amount of friendliness. The hotel was clean in all the areas I used and could not find anything to be concerned about.For those who like heights, the lifts got me to the 25th floor in about 15 seconds and the view from the balcony was splendid, though I didn't go too near the edge! Would go again should the chance came my way.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony if possible
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Oldyoungster65,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with some feedback. I am pleased to know that although the lobby was under renovations, it did not inconvenience your stay. I am also pleased you were able to enjoy some of the great views of the city we have to offer, but agree with you on staying away from the edge! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Eaton Chelsea Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed in the hotel on the night it transformed from the Delta Chelsea to the Eaton Chelsea. The staff at this hotel have always been fantastic and they seem quite happy with the transition. The renovations have made the lobby bright and welcoming. The rooms however are, so far, still the same rooms. Despite no smoking regulations, our room reeked and it seemed to be coming in with the air conditioning unit. This is a hotel to watch as it transforms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear EpOttawa,

Thank you for your feedback and for being our guest through our transition period. We are glad that you enjoyed the new look of the lobby and were here to celebrate with us. I do apologize the your room was disturbed by the smell of smoke. We are 100% non-smoking but unfortunately some guest choose to ignore this policy. Out security team is always available to assist in these types of situations. Thank you once again for your feedback, and we look forward to your next visit.

Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My friend and I stayed here the last few days of June 2013. At this point I would say the Eaton Chelsea (formerly the Delta Chelsea) is just ok. On the plus side the staff are very friendly and the hotel is in a great central location. On the minus side the rooms (at least the one we had) are very tired and in major need of updating. I also wasn't impressed with the cleaning job housekeeping did. The whole hotel is undergoing major renovations and it needs it. Hopefully this hotel will be brought back up to the standards of years gone by as I do remember staying here several years ago and it was a fabulous hotel. As for right now it's not bad but it does need work.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sahodgson9,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback from your recent stay. I am pleased that as in the past you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the friendliness of our staff. I do apologize that the room you were assigned did not meet your expectations nor did it match up to the room you have had previously. Efforts are under way to update the hotel and bring it up to the standards of our new brand. We hope that you will visit us again soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

we had a small room with a queen sized bed. The room was comfortable. The bathroom could use a renovation, with pipes showing out of the side of the sink, very old tiling...
There is also some construction outside, so ask for a room away from that side. Finally, we had a room off the main corridor with another room about a meter opposite us. The noise from that room could be heard.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Everestbeer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you overall enjoyed the hotel for your short stay in Toronto. I do apologize that the condition of your bathroom did not meet your expectations and will follow up with our rooms division. I also apologize for any disturbances you experienced during your stay. The hotel does have security on call 24/7 to assist with any issues. We hope that you will stay with us again soon, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Papineauville, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed at the Delta Chelsea, now the Eaton Chelsea, the nights of June 25 and 26th, 2013, with my 13 year old daughter. It was ok. I think the hotel should advise about renovations before booking and I was a little disappointed that the terrace was not available either. The waterslide is for smaller children and the pool was filled with small kids all the time and the other pool has an 18 and over age limit, so we never did swim, one of the reasons for booking at this hotel!
All that said, the hotel is very conveniently located, just a couple of blocks from Dundas, the beds are comfy and the staff were the best, very helpful and smiling all the time. We had a great time in Toronto : )

Room Tip: Apparently less noise in rooms on upper floors, we were on 19th floor and there was no noise but som...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear 1jojo-b,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is great to know you had a great time visiting Toronto. I do apologize that you were not informed of the lobby renovations prior to arrival and for any inconvenience it caused. The renovations are now complete and we are excited to show off the new look of our lobby to our guests. We hope that you will visit again soon.

Wickham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights, Pros - Good central location, helpful friendly staff. Cons - Rooms in need of renovation, very tired looking, In room facilities not refreshed daily, very busy, very noisy - especially other patrons and noise from street (Dundas Square very close). Would not choose hotel again, but current renovation plan seems to promise much so it might be worth a try next year (2014).

Room Tip: Avoid until renovations and full transition to Eaton Group is complete.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Quilkyn,

Thank you for your feedback! I am pleased that the location of the hotel was well suited for your travel needs and that the staff you encountered provided great service. I do apologize for the inconvenience the renovations caused. We are excited for many changes over the next year and hope you will visit us once they are complete.

Eaton Chelsea Toronto

Travelers are raving about these Toronto hotels

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights in June 2013. The hotel was undergoing renovations at the time but this didn't really affect our stay. Rooms are clean and a decent size but a bit dated. Booked through Alpha Rooms which stated the rooms had a safe but we didn't have a safe in the room.
Location was great, close to many restaurants and shops and only a 15/20 minute walk to the CN Tower and harbour.
A criticism I have was that they tried to charge us $69 when we checked out, for room service which we didn't have. This got sorted in the end however we were made to feel like they were doing us a favour by not charging us.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple