Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
$180
$169
Travelocity
7,057 results
All reviewsmarket gardenadult poolfamily poolhuge hoteleaton centrebusy hotelyonge streetmarch breakcentral locationheart of downtowncn towergerrardsubwayconcierge
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel staff was very polite, the cleaning staff always cordially greeted me in the hallway, and did a good job on my room. The location is fantastic: right downtown, around the corner from Dundas Square, or a brisk walk from the CN Tower and waterfront.

The rooms themselves, including amenities, are very average: I've seen better at Best Western for a third the rate.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Pilot155004,

Thank you for your note. I am glad to know that all staff you encountered during your stay provided friendly and welcoming service. I am also glad that the location of the hotel was well situated for all your needs. I do apologize that the room amenities did not meet your expectations and can understand your disappointment. I will be reviewing this with the rooms division.

Alistair I

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I've stayed at some bad hotels, but this hotel had to be one of the worst. The location is perfect, it's so close to everything and we got an older room, which I am not complaining about, because it was clean and sufficient enough. But this weekend was so busy, and the walls are paper thin. We were woken up both nights at 4 am from people coming back from the bars screaming by the door. I called front desk to have someone come up and no one ever answered. To top it all off, the water in our room kept going out. We'd be in the middle of a shower, or brushing our teeth, and the water just stopped. We called 3 times before they finally sent someone up and he couldn't figure out why it was happening, then said it was probably air in the pipes and walked out. I could not believe that half the time, we didn't have running water. I will never stay here again and would strongly discourage it.

Room Tip: Don't go to room 1030.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear JennaS512,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay. I must apologize as it sounds like your overall experience was not up to standard and not satisfactory. I apologize for the disturbances you experienced during your stay. We have our security monitoring the guest floors to avoid these situations and I am sorry they have failed. I would like to apologize that you were not able to enjoy your stay due to the lack of water in the room. This is not a regular occurrence at our hotel, however when the water pressure levels fall in the City of Toronto due to ongoing constructions the water pressure levels also fall in our hotel. We understand the necessity of a hot shower in the room, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this situation has caused.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and 2 teens stayed at the Delta Chelsea via a Hotwire booking recently. Though I'd read reviews about the hotel being a little "dog eared", we found our room and the hotel itself to be be quite nice and very comfortable. Free WiFi in the rooms (which worked great) was extremely useful. I was able to keep up on my small business from the privacy of our room instead of sitting down in the lobby, as is the policy for many hotels who offer free WiFi only in public areas.

My only complaint would be the "2 pools" and fitness room situation. The 2nd floor pool (with no fitness room) is more geared towards families with young children. The 27th floor is "19 and over only" pool and fitness center. The problem is that I have a 15 and 12 year old that like to work out, and both are training for an upcoming track season. This is the first time we have encounterd this arrangement where they were not allowed into the fitness area because it was labeled "19 and over". The staff wouldn't even let my 12 year old use the treadmill even though his father was on an eliptical machine a few yards away. The room was empty btw, except for some guy sitting in the hot tub.

I understand that the 27th floor is meant for adults, but the gap between the two options seems a little extreme, especially if you are traveling with young adults/teens between the ages of 12 and 19. I would suggest that the hotel allow hours in which young adults, supervised, may use the fitness room/adult pool/hottub and still implement it's "adult only" hours.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear HMD63

Thank you for your note regarding your recent stay at the hotel. We appreciate all feedback and use this information to improve our services or let our staff know how they are doing. I have passed your comments to the appropriate departments.
Once again I would like to thank you and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Although the hotel may be dated, and not as trendy as other hotels, we had a great stay. Our room was clean and had everything we needed. The restaurant was a great place for breakfast. And the location is close to shopping, restaurants, and the subway. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear 22Susan,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback from your stay. It is great to know that the hotel and its staff met all your needs and your overall experience was most enjoyable. Our location is one of our biggest advantages in the down town core. While being close to may attractions, restaurants, and shopping we are also located along the major subway line making it easy to get anywhere in the city. We hope we may welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

The main reason I booked this hotel was because of the kids pool which has a waterslide...ideal for the kids, right?
It would've been a great stay had it been any other time of year, I'm sure...it was simply too busy during the March Break, so it was not as enjoyable as we'd hoped it would be; there was a signup sheet to use the kids pool, and you could only book one hour intervals. We chose a late time (10pm) with the hopes of it being a little less packed, but time of day did not matter-it was jam-packed, and in my opinion, not safe...at one point, I counted 28 people in the hot tub! The pool was just as busy, and the lifeguards I could see (all were young) were not paying enough attention to their jobs and the swimmers, but had enough time to talk to each other on the pool deck.
My child had a small panic attack because of the volume at the pool, and wanted to leave after only 5 minutes...I asked at the desk if they'd allow my child (10) to swim in the adult pool, but no exceptions were allowed...understand this, but there were way too many people in the kids pool at one time.
Our room was nice, though the hotel is clearly not in a new building. The bed and bedding were fantastic, but I was surprised by the lack of towels included in the room (first time I'd ever stayed at a hotel where only two towels were in the bathroom). We had a balcony, and the room was spacious enough. I was happy to be far away from the elevator, as I could only imagine how loud it would have been had we been near it, with the constant volume of patrons and young children moving about at all hours.
The concierge was great, as was the door man. I was happy there were always cabs waiting at the lobby.
We did not order thru room service or use the spa services.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Lish66

Thank you for your recent note regarding your stay over March Break. We apologize that you found the hotel simply to busy to enjoy most amenities. As this is one of our busier weeks during the year our staff tries to accommodate each family and try to cut down on the chaos. I encourage you to come visit at a time which is not so busy so you and your family can get the full experience. Looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back!